CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

MLG charges for spectators too, can't remember if they were ever free though.

I went to meadowlands 08 as a spectator on Sunday and didn't have to pay
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The frustrating part about this is that all these great memes and banter on the forums are just going to solidify the "toxic" label from Team Beyond detractors. But I'm not sure what else we're supposed to do... 

I always want to support everyone that puts work into HCS, whether from ESL or 343 or wherever, but sometimes with situations like this it can be difficult to be anything but critical. I know Halo can be better and bigger, and sometimes it just feels like the community here out-passions and out-thinks the folks who are actually in charge.

I'm still very excited to watch Worlds online (although I would have attended had it been in a solid venue), and I'm still hopeful we can do better in the future. Just a little concerned about all the missed opportunities over the last 15 months and it hurts to think about what could have been had some different decisions been made.

I think it comes down to, if they don't seem to care then why should I? Obviously this is a bit over the top but it doesn't feel like it a lot of the times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not a fan of off-topic posts from other eSports but god damn I don't even play Rocket League too frequently and this is nutty. Fantastic organization and advertisement

First we had the Quake Soccer Mod, then Bombing run from UT, and Halo ball from Halo CE, then Rocket-league just owned all of them. IE: Halo Ball mod

• Upvote (+1) 1

in 15 years, when @Craneteam is 85 or whatever- "Daddy, is it true that the Halo World Championship in 2017 was held in an oversized, multi-room pantry?"

"Yes, son"

GEPVHGs.gif

But son the memes were on point

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thinking positively, we got some incredible memes thanks to Burbank. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

During the live Periscope...

"You'll be seeing much more Halo Wars 2 and things like that" - Elamite.

j3pAXlE.gif

fyi HW2 is gonna have it's own world championship

YOU GUYS STOKED FOR SOME HCS HALO WARS?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elamite confirmed Burbank was the backup plan, right?

I'd like to know what the original idea they had in mind was. I expected Burbank from the start and the only thing I was (heavily) disappointed at was the amount of time it took them to announce it.

I'd like to know what the original idea they had in mind was. I expected Burbank from the start and the only thing I was (heavily) disappointed at was the amount of time it took them to announce it.

No, dont think he did. I asked if they were looking for other venues before Burbank, and they just deflected saying they want to make each year bigger and better than started talking about the other things at this WC. 

fyi HW2 is gonna have it's own world championship

YOU GUYS STOKED FOR SOME HCS HALO WARS?  :wutface:

I would love the return of competitive RTS Esports. 

Though ofc not if it means it takes away resources from HCS mainline Halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would love the return of competitive RTS Esports. 

Though ofc not if it means it takes away resources from HCS mainline Halo

why do you think all the TOs this HWC season had so little funding from microsoft?  :lxthul:

ESL could've been looking to host world's at PAX East or SXSW Austin but the time frame didn't really work out. It's a shame that the Las Vegas event wasn't scheduled for this month,  otherwise we could've possibly had World's elsewhere. 

ESL could've been looking to host world's at PAX East or SXSW Austin but the time frame didn't really work out. It's a shame that the Las Vegas event wasn't scheduled for this month,  otherwise we could've possibly had World's elsewhere. 

With how little the online qualifiers mean, they could of easily had the LV tourney this month.

Vegas will be lit. Excited for that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

Though I am still not happy it is at Burbank, I am pleased with what I heard regarding potential site searching. I also am a huge fan of the other activities that you have planned for those in attendance. I will not be there, but I appreciate you coming on here to explain the decision behind Burbank. 

I have no doubt that the event will live up to the hype, and ESL will deliver on a great product for us at home to watch. 

That being said, it will be foolish to not begin looking for a World's location now for next year. I think it is time to expand beyond Burbank and look else where. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip

Thanks for at least addressing this, hope this can continue for the rest of the year. Best of luck with the event next month!

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Timo Smart you waited with the writeup for another day. I am not that mad like i was yesterday, so yeah, hope you will put up a great show.

As pointed out, there will be an outside viewing area where we’ll have the feeds and gameplay from both streams

I'd be scared to get mugged tbh

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4