CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Really debating on buying a 3-day pass seeing as I'm literally 20 minutes away from the studio, but it's really hard trying to justify paying $65 for the pass

Why pay for something that's available for free in every city?

COS2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

guys please meet the newest member of the beyond family. he's pretty disappointed in this season too

n2OBRhh.jpg

"He" looks like a girl. Get that girl a haircut and some boys clothes!

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Apologies for the twitter image tweeted earlier, I know reality may trigger some. Hope this new image can help ease the pain that you may have suffered.

What was the original image?

We would love to show pro montages, the only issue is the copyright sadly on the songs used. 

We have a lot of ideas however, thanks for you guys feedback (keep it coming btw). We really are aiming to have as little downtime as we can during the event, and to fill time with original content and ideas. 

Do you know if Monstercat licensed songs are acceptable?

If yes, I would put together a few short videos for you guys.

Really debating on buying a 3-day pass seeing as I'm literally 20 minutes away from the studio, but it's really hard trying to justify paying $65 for the pass

I would happily pay that to watch the drama first hand. It might be the worst venue for the major events this year but it will still be the most prestigious for the players.

If you do go though scream your fucking lungs out please, 200 people hyped with a good directional mic will help the stream out massively.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Congrats on the successful insemination. Hopefully, your son doesn't grow up in a world where million dollar Halo tournaments are held in decrepit buildings.

With the way things are going I'd be hoping he grows up in a world where we still have Halo tournaments

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Still waiting for @@Timo to explain why Burbank was chosen.

"We had a budget of $1000 and didn't feel like putting in effort for a decent venue. Please check out our beautiful campus" 

@@Killswitch

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

To be fair, Danoxide replacing Nemassist would be like Nemassist replacing me- a huge fucking upgrade lol.

I'm not a Cratos fan, but let's be real. Dan is extremely talented and works well with Naded. Naded and this forum's Satan Cratos both placed 2nd at HWC last year.

Will they be a T4 team? No. Am I impressed with Str8 Sick? No. Do I think Cratos will need to be backpacked (am I biased?) a bit? Yes. But that team has a good chance of making Worlds.

Exactly what I said as soon as Dan got picked up....PNDA have a good team on paper now and can easily challenge for worlds.

Str8 sick is probably the weakest link but the guy can pull out some crazy shit

I'm not a fan of off-topic posts from other eSports but god damn I don't even play Rocket League too frequently and this is nutty. Fantastic organization and advertisement

"Rocket League eSports has arrived"

"Halo is back"

"This is Halo"

They gotta chill with all these hype guys throwing out lines at the event at the end of vids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of off-topic posts from other eSports but god damn I don't even play Rocket League too frequently and this is nutty. Fantastic organization and advertisement

Big or small, managing esports PROPERLY and SUCCESSFULLY requires passion. Whoever is in charge of Halo doesn't give a fuck. Only the fans are holding it afloat. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Congrats on the successful insemination. Hopefully, your son doesn't grow up in a world where million dollar Halo tournaments are held in decrepit buildings. 

in 15 years, when @Craneteam is 85 or whatever- "Daddy, is it true that the Halo World Championship in 2017 was held in an oversized, multi-room pantry?"

"Yes, son"

GEPVHGs.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Do you know if Monstercat licensed songs are acceptable?

If yes, I would put together a few short videos for you guys.

Anything has to be copyright free :)

Anything has to be copyright free :)

You could show the finals of the Team Beyond toxic Halo free to enter Astro sponsored tournaments they've had.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Anything specific you're referring to?

I would happily pay that to watch the drama first hand. It might be the worst venue for the major events this year but it will still be the most prestigious for the players.

If you do go though scream your fucking lungs out please, 200 people hyped with a good directional mic will help the stream out massively.

Haven't had a legit good hype crowd since NA Regionals.

I miss it

MLG charges for spectators too, can't remember if they were ever free though.

I went to meadowlands 08 as a spectator on Sunday and didn't have to pay
  • Upvote (+1) 1