CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You didn't even list my favorite of all time.

Seeing Pit KotH just geeked me and then I remembered this (potato quality):

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats from when my headset is from too, and they've sent me the cable I've asked for multiple times in the past. I included a picture of the entire headset, cables included (even showing where the damage is), and explained what I needed. Instead, they offered to replace my headband (mines busted/missing), and give me a 20% discount code on a new headset -.-

I followed up and explained again, so I'm hoping they come in clutch. I fucking love my Astros, and have had them for ages...but I'm trying to save up for some other stuff, so a $150+ headset is not in my current budget. 

Hit me up if it doesn't go through, I'll see if I can help any with people I know there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

During the live Periscope with Elamite...

"You'll be seeing much more Halo Wars 2 and things like that" - Elamite.

Sometimes I wonder how much of what comes out of ESL employees' mouths is directed or prodded.

Sometimes when the casting/voicing at events is choppy or sloppy, it really seems like there's a forced dialogue. Take the Axeltoss guy, for example. Did I spell that right? Up until approximately 4 minutes ago, I thought he was an ESL representative, because every time he's on screen he's seemingly throwing whatever prize pool is available into the conversation... or how @TheSimms will come here and do everything in his power to answer our question while obviously avoiding the burning one, even though I think most here could guess how he feels about it. Timo comes here and basically jokes around and disappears while saying nothing, but Simms seems to be constrained by something.

I know most of this is just general "you work for XXX, so do XXX," but I do wish people like Simms and Elamite and T2 could speak as they pleased.

The 3-day pass costs more than buying 3 individual 1-day passes. I don't care if it comes with FFA, that is idiotic.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Cool.

So why don't they tell us this?

I did post that we would most likely follow past seasons and hold a Qualification Tournament after the World Finals and before the Summer 2017 season. (granted it was dozens of pages ago so very understandable if it was missed). 

$65 for a three day pass. ESL having a laugh over here. 

'Member when MLG events were free?

MLG charges for spectators too, can't remember if they were ever free though.

Feel bad for those at work or school :mj:

Currently at school and I'm about an hour away from Burbank.  With the quality of the venue being what it is i'd rather enjoy the tournament gameplay from home.  That will be the only good part about the event anyway.

Edit: I should pay more attention in class, my sentence was incoherent.

I remember passes in 2010-2011 being ~$50.

The actual price came to like -$30 when accounting for the free Dr.Pepper and Hot pockets.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I believe they started charing $25 in 2009. That jumped to $30 sometime between '10-'11. 

But I'd gladly pay $65 to MLG for the production they put on. $65 to spectate at the ESL America Campus is a joke. 

During the live Periscope with Elamite...

"You'll be seeing much more Halo Wars 2 and things like that" - Elamite.

j3pAXlE.gif

MORE HALO WARS

VIFgRQW.jpg

• Downvote (-1) 6

Free until 2008 I believe? Possibly later. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really debating on buying a 3-day pass seeing as I'm literally 20 minutes away from the studio, but it's really hard trying to justify paying $65 for the pass