CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There is a solution for No Radar at least on Lan...its called Duct Tape.

The Red Green Show couldn't fix Halo 5. I saw the special.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was told by multiple sources on this forum that removing radar would make this game better instantly. What is this "once pros test more they'll get it" stuff?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It cracks me up that neighbor comes in here, states some information in which he didnt have to, and then you guys use it as ammo. " Why did they have to fight for descope?" " They must know nothing." It actually makes me wonder if any of you guys have ever had a real job or am I too old to be on here. Think of the pro team as "consultants." It was an extremely smart move. We live in a world where most people think they know everything. Someone at 343 knew they were not where they wanted to be and brought in pro team. It happens with giant multi million dollar companies every single day. They will bring in past experts or people studied in the field to make sure they dont fuck up, and thats exaclty what the pro team has to do. I am all on board with saying 343 has made some DUMB decisions, but if 343 already had all the answers then they wouldn't have hired the pro team in the first place, right? Don't bash them for trying to perfect their trade. Neg bomb incoming Im sure but lets not use something neighbor said as more reason to bash people who we are all hoping suceed. Really their choice to bring in more minds may have saved the game, and like I said happens eveyday in business.

NOBODY IS UPSET THAT 343 HIRED PRO CONSULTANTS. You're the second person who's said this and I suspect you're going to be the second person who can't find a quote where someone says they're mad at 343 for hiring pro consultants.

People are upset because we're sitting here hoping for changes and we find out from Neighbor that the pro team had to put it in a monumental effort just to get descoping in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 3

no radar may not end some levels of campyness at 47-48 kills, but we've seen way too many games end under 50 kills in slayer. e in finals e6 got so campy at 42 kills and tried to wait out a win. that is boring to watch for me. thank goodness 3sup beat them to spice it up, but slayer games where you milk clock at the end. defending an objective against a fevered rush is fun but cratos hiding so he doesnt die with 1 minute left in the game shows staleness. i want a settings change as exciting as the format change

Has nothing to do with radar. Str8 vs BtH lockdown TS in h2a ended in a 22-22 tie
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has nothing to do with radar. Str8 vs BtH lockdown TS in h2a ended in a 22-22 tie

Lockout ts (one of the most standoff prone gametypes of all time) in a game with no sprint, yeah.

It cracks me up that neighbor comes in here, states some information in which he didnt have to, and then you guys use it as ammo. " Why did they have to fight for descope?" " They must know nothing." It actually makes me wonder if any of you guys have ever had a real job or am I too old to be on here. Think of the pro team as "consultants." It was an extremely smart move. We live in a world where most people think they know everything. Someone at 343 knew they were not where they wanted to be and brought in pro team. It happens with giant multi million dollar companies every single day. They will bring in past experts or people studied in the field to make sure they dont fuck up, and thats exaclty what the pro team has to do. I am all on board with saying 343 has made some DUMB decisions, but if 343 already had all the answers then they wouldn't have hired the pro team in the first place, right? Don't bash them for trying to perfect their trade. Neg bomb incoming Im sure but lets not use something neighbor said as more reason to bash people who we are all hoping suceed. Really their choice to bring in more minds may have saved the game, and like I said happens eveyday in business.

People also bring on consultants to find out how they can compromise one or two aspects as throw aways to pander to an audience, and later if they need to they point to these consultants as a way to say "hey look we care". It isn't black and white, the scenario you presented is always the case. And nobody used that info as ammo. You don't think it's absolutely pathetic that descope was on the table at all after Halo 4? It's completely pathetic and it shows they don't understand game design casually or competitively. Pro team can only do so much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

#ThrowbackThursday

Remember when we all said this would happen leading up to it, but weren't sure if they would actually play out the entire game that passive? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

#ThrowbackThursday

0-0 vid

"Someone's gonna shoot you, don't do it!"

The commentating was entertaining at least.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You right i forgot about that

Starting to sound like it's about that time to hitch our wagons to hopes of H6 being played competitively without radar. 

The cycle of "not enough time" to prepare/test/implement changes within H5's competitive settings will not end. Pros/players should focus on providing feedback on what they are working with, and not against at this point. Sucks to say the least, because I believe No Radar would be far more enjoyable to watch for the next year. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How does anyone objectively decide that removing radar makes THIS game better than? It just is? If some of the pros dont like it in a month will their opinion matter? 2 months? What arbitrary time frame of testing is allowed before Snakebite or someone else saying it doesn't feel right actually matter? I'm just wondering. I honestly don't even care if it's removed or kept, which might not please all of you. I'll watch and play either way.

I was simply responding to your statement where you said:

"I was told by multiple sources on this forum that removing radar would make this game better instantly. What is this 'once pros test more they'll get it' stuff?"

You presented the two ideas of:

1. The game gets better instantly without radar, and

2. Some pros don't like it instantly

as contradictory ideas, which they are not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was simply responding to your statement where you said:

"I was told by multiple sources on this forum that removing radar would make this game better instantly. What is this 'once pros test more they'll get it' stuff?"

You presented the two ideas of:

1. The game gets better instantly without radar, and

2. Some pros don't like it instantly

as contradictory ideas, which they are not.

You're cherrypicking his word choice and holding him on technicalities.

When he referred to pros "not liking it", it's obvious he's referring to a pro not thinking its competitive, rather than some fun-factor.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're cherrypicking his word choice and holding him on technicalities.

When he referred to pros "not liking it", it's obvious he's referring to a pro not thinking its competitive, rather than some fun-factor.

How am I cherrypicking? What I said holds true whether he's speaking about competitiveness or fun factor.

Not sure if this was posted.  I had a blast watching ryans stream playing no radar.  he was having a lot of fun with it, laughing and just enjoying the game.  it was one of the best halo streams I have watched since the game was released hands down.  just was a lot of fun.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

How does anyone objectively decide that removing radar makes THIS game better than? It just is? If some of the pros dont like it in a month will their opinion matter? 2 months? What arbitrary time frame of testing is allowed before Snakebite or someone else saying it doesn't feel right actually matter? I'm just wondering. I honestly don't even care if it's removed or kept, which might not please all of you. I'll watch and play either way.

I see that this is hypothetical, but I'd say 1 season unless we get a test list with evolving settings. Then we can test while pros continue as they were. But just like you im going to keep watching. 2017 has some great format changes and im excited for it