CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Copy/pasta from my reddit post that got deleted. Halo Asia just completely died :(

Well, as you all know HWC 2017 was just announced this weekend and Asia (Where I live) was completely shafted. I am not mad that we weren't given a spot or anything like that but I felt like we deserved another chance because prior to HWC 2016 we were never given any sort of opportunity to compete at this level, we had literally 0 experience and despite Skyfire's best effort they could not perform the way they wanted to. Aside from that, we all got to learn how much it takes to actually perform at such a high level and prestigious event and I certainly feel that if we had gotten a spot we would performed at our best next year. One of the biggest factor this year was the region lock, people over here barely found games until a week or two before HWC so no one actually got to figure out how tough it'd be and despite all that I feel like Skyfire didn't do that bad with almost no practice.(I am being absolutely serious :p) and the same sh!t happened with ANZ and the 2 regions only got good practice from local customs/scrims 2-3 times a week. Apart from that I feel like everyone in Asia wants to just move to CoD, since they just announced CWL will include Asia this year. Now, that we have absolute proof that Asia has literally no future in competitive halo, everyone is making plans to move to cod for cod worlds. I've been playing Halo since I was 10, got into competitive halo during 2009 when I started grinding MLG and from that year on I've always had this dream of competing at an MLG event. I know it sounds cringy but yeah ;/. Prior to the HWC qualifiers I had never competed in an actual tournament before and now I just want to freaking compete and scrim teams every night and talk trash to every other competitor and I know I will not get it from Halo. I hate to say it but it's time for me to try my luck in cod. I would like to thank 343 for still keeping halo alive and ESL for running these HCS tourneys but if I stick around any longer I feel like I'll be 90 years old and still never get the chance to compete. Also, PLEASE GIVE ANZ another SPOT AND A LAN EVENT FOR REGIONAL QUALIFIER. PS: I will not beg here or demand that asia should be given a spot for next year because I know it won't happen despite everyone's best effort so please do not make jokes about my region and say "Asia sucks" because it's going to die soon.

so you guys want to move from a dead esport titel (in asia) to a dying esport titel?

​beside that, playstation is stronger than xbox in asia. and CoD is played on Playstation now. so maybe it's not the worst decision

​what you also should consider; halo 6 will come to pc and has a chance of being way bigger than halo 5 in asia due to that fact.

​more player, more games, more competition.     

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I wish more time was given for people to prepare/save money for St. Louis. It has potential to be the best Halo 5 event thusfar.

Yeah. But at least we get Vegas, Atlanta, and Denver with solid dates with plenty of time to plan for this time.

Bubu, Suspector, Stellur, and a 4th that isn't Cratos. Maybe Eco?

Bubu & Suspector should still stick with Shooter. Ryan put up some monster stats this past season and is playing at an elite level.

I've just received information from inside sources.

Stay tuned.

And if you accuse me of pretending to be in the loop then I won't share the info.

*pants heavily*

emma-watson-tongue-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

The thing I love is that he can just play the other 500 playlists that arent competitive, but he is worried about 1 competitive playlist, and competitive settings he (assumedly) never plays.

Would be like me losing it over changes made to social slayer, who cares, I dont play that ish.

I hated that there was no outlet for fans of objective beyond the hcs playlist, but now that we have all these social playlists is nonsensical.

So so pumped to be part of the EU and LATAM qualifiers for worlds!

If anyone watched any of the Gears event this weekend you will know what to expect, we are going to put on a hell of a show.

Direct any questions to me on twitter regarding these events and I will do my best to get an answer as soon as I can. More info will be released asap. 

If you need any help with brazilian qualifiers, I can help you, just send my a message. I'm not famous or anything like that, but I don't know if other brazilian follow this forum too. The brazilian scene is almost non existent and I want to see it grow up!

What are our thoughts on dreamhack hosting 2 events in 2017?

Lit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip

Yeah it sucks about Asia, but given the current state of the scene, i really don't see a logical path to guarunteeing an Asia spot in the tournament.

I think it would have been neat to at least have an Asia/ANZ Lan where the champion gets a spot And some cash.

Stop sarcastically pretending you're out of the loop. SPILL THE BEANS NAVG123.

OK I FUCKING WARNED YOU SHITS, NO LEAKS FROM ME
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I'm sure this was already discussed, but tweeting out the stream, hosting the stream, tweeting congrats to nV, etc. is something he can do. Talks about how he wants Halo to be back on top again, but doesn't even try to bring viewers in for the event. Even Summit hosted the Halo channel, ffs.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I knew i recognized his name. Dude's a clown.

I just saw a thread in reddit where someone was hoping 343 would fix mkb so that summit would stream halo. And reiku wasn't too find of that idea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5hxbuw/343_needs_to_fix_h5_pc_right_now_were_missing_out/db3re8g

Guy would prefer to have a broken game than invite a larger audience to halo.

Aw man, got beat to mentioning my own thread! Damn you work. I'll have everyone know I had the distinct pleasure of having both Reiku and Cooper come to my post to troll. What an honor.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was hoping that none of the halo events conflicted with the esportarena Halo CE and Shadowrun tournament as I was trying to get a bunch of west coast halo people to attend, but nope.

SR failed for its own reason but I find it funny that it's always up against halo in some capacity. SR launched right before halo 3, so that wasn't good. Became backwards compatible the same day as halo 5's amazing update, and now is sharing the same tournament dates.

On a positive note, I do look forward to St Louis, even though I probably won't have the time to watch it live. The 50k prize pool is nice too and I hope that encourages a lot more teams to attend. Good location, good prize pool, good TO's. Excited that this season is starting out with a bang.

• Upvote (+1) 2

naded to2 with Danoxide

i will need naded and dan to stay together so I can watch their late night streams where they're both hyperactive little kids, it's the best. #beepbopboop