CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hi guys - sorry that I haven't replied to the questions around Burbank today. I'll offer some more perspective tomorrow. 

tell_me_loki.gif

watched most of the LG-TL scrim (from Ninja's perspective) ... El Town seriously has like a PhD in H5, the shit he was explaining to Saiyan was going over my head. And Ninja kept pushing too much, as usual. Communication was good and they looked seriously impressive though

What was he talking about?

I wish that we had someone remotely competent in charge of the HCS. I wish that we had a team of people that gave a shit. I know there are a handful that work and do the best they can with all of this but they're clearly not enough. They don't prevent the HCS from being one massive disappointment filled with nothing but false hype and comical failures. This is probably one of the most pathetic attempts at doing anything professionally that I've ever witnessed. It's nothing but promises for nonexistent improvements because anything they do fix is countered by them fucking up three more things in ways that don't even seem possible. Idk why I'm even posting this. I guess it's just frustration from wanting them to succeed for years with zero results. Frankly I don't even care about the "Why?" part any longer. Perhaps if anything ever went according to plan it would make more sense to continue giving the benefit of the doubt

For the first time in awhile I just read through 20+ pages of this thread and feel like I was highly entertained but for the wrong reason :mj:

Let me rock man damn

I still like it!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch viewers matter way more than attendees for worlds especially when you can't even the crowd anyway.

The most vocal complainers want some place they can drive to or they wouldn't go. Like ESL is going to fucking Columbus ohio. Same reason people were actually complaining about dreamhack Atlanta which is complete nonsens.

People wanted a Midwest event, got one in ugc and barely 40 teams showed up. People are just talkers.

And why is a place that more people could drive to a bad thing? Its cheaper that way.  Its not the act of flying that is a deterrent like you are implying, its the cost.  I'm sorry but if you think spending $1000 for me to fly from CT to California, get a hotel, pass and food is trivial and im just a complainer you must not live in the same world as the rest of us. Closer proximity to where more people can drive is better.  Closer proximity to where the best historical turnout for halo events has been in the past is better.  California isn't either of those. 

The most recent UGC was the biggest H5 open yet... wtf are you talking about?

And who was complaining about dreamhack?  literally nobody...  The closest thing that even approached a complaint about that was "well i guess atlanta is the East".  General consensus is that having finals at Dreamhack is a real win for Halo. That and including every pro league team in the finals are the best decisions they have made.

@@Timo,

Please answer the questions that the community is (rightfully so) asking.

To ignore the community to the level that 343 and ESL have in the past is literally SO fucking disrespectful. You wouldnt have a job without this community sticking through the thick and thin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Timo,

Please answer the questions that the community is (rightfully so) asking.

To ignore the community to the level that 343 and ESL have in the past is literally SO fucking disrespectful. You wouldnt have a job without this community sticking through the thick and thin.

He said he was going to give more insight soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would I be trolling? Any good Halo event is good for the community and scene irrespective of who puts it on. 

He thinks you're trolling because the closest you've come to addressing the actual issue (Burbank) is pointing out that the Gfinity event isn't in the actual Wembley stadium.... as if that's comparable. "Hey guys, yes HWC is in Burbank, but look! Gfinity is holding a much less important EU event in Wembley's Great Hall, a nicer, bigger venue! Buuuut it's not the actual stadium doe"

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh Halo my sweet song of sorrow to you...

Play Crack the Sky - Brand New

We sent out the SOS call

It was a quarter past 4 in the morning
When the storm broke our second anchor line
Four months at sea 4 months of calm seas to be pounded
In the shallows off the tip of montauk point
They call them rogues they travel fast and alone
One hundred foot faces of God's good ocean gone wrong
What they call love is a risk

Cause you will always get hit out of nowhere by some wave and end up on your own
The hole in the hull defied the crews attempts to bail us out
And flooded the engines and radio and half buried bow
Your tongue is a rudder

It steers the whole ships sends your words past your lips
Or keeps them safe behind your teeth
But the wrong words will strand you
Come off course while you sleep

Sweep your boat out to sea or dashed to bits on the reefs
The vessel groans the ocean pressures its frame
Off the port I see the lighthouse through the sleet and the rain
And I wished for one more day to give my love and repay debts
But the morning finds our bodies washed up thirty miles west
They say that the captain stays fast with the ship through still and storm

But this ain't the Dakota and the water is cold
We won't have to fight for long this is the end
This story's old but it goes on and on until we disappear

Calm me and let me taste the salt you breathed while you were underneath
I am the one who haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the sea
I spoke the words but never gave a thought to what they all could mean

I know this is what you want
A funeral keeps both of us apart
You know that you are not alone
Need you like water in my lungs
This is the end

• Upvote (+1) 2

For some weird reason, I had a dream last night about world's being held at Burbank  :stressed:

Did they release the location yet? We're cutting it close. 

Hey guys and gals.

Wanted to ask what video features you would like to see at the Gfinity EU Open?

Fun ideas / Serious ideas lets hear them!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys and gals.

Str8 Rippin montage  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys and gals.

Food truck or riot. :kappa:

On a slightly more serious note, where can I find spectator details? I live in London so may head down.

Hey guys and gals.

Anything except Halo Wars 2 and forge videos.

• Upvote (+1) 1