CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can 343 not even hire someone to proofread? Their official World's graphic, which they took months to prepare, misspells competition as "Competion". They say tickets go on sale Tuesday Feb 8th. Tomorrow is Tuesday the 7th. So are tickets on sale tomorrow or Wednesday?

Checked their linked website. "The FFA is only valid to residents of the United States, Canada, Mexico and Central America. Not valid to Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland and Quebec residents."

So no EU players are allowed to compete. Also that means if one of the top FFA players in @@Vetoed (assuming he lives in Quebec) attends he won't be allowed to play?

Correct. But at the same time, I also qualified for 2016 Regionals despite living in Maryland and attended without problem. I also know of someone who won HCS prize $ despite being in MD.

Also, it is worth noting that the law was changed not long ago regarding Quebec. I think the original problem was that gaming competitions were considered gambling, but now it's classified as skill-based competition. A lot of tournament organizers are still behind on this though. I'd bring it up to someone if I knew who I'm even supposed to talk to regarding this, but...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hi guys - sorry that I haven't replied to the questions around Burbank today. I'll offer some more perspective tomorrow. 

Correct. But at the same time, I also qualified for 2016 Regionals despite living in Maryland and attended without problem. I also know of someone who won HCS prize $ despite being in MD.

Also, it is worth noting that the law was changed not long ago regarding Quebec. I think the original problem was that gaming competitions were considered gambling, but now it's classified as skill-based competition. A lot of tournament organizers are still behind on this though. I'd bring it up to someone if I knew who I'm even supposed to talk to regarding this, but...

Just pick someone, a year down the line they'll tell you whos department it is.

Hi guys - sorry that I haven't replied to the questions around Burbank today. I'll offer some more perspective tomorrow. 

I accept this. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great info man. Glad the laws are starting to catch up with reality. Loving your new pistol only YouTube series too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there we go. thanks, looking forward to that

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tournament and broadcast will be dope, ESL will do a good job there. I just wish they hadn't tried to spin it as the "Burbank campus", made it worse IMO

Hows the talks been between whomever and MLG in regards to Halo?

I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for most/all that having worlds at the same place as last year would have been better than Burbank.

I know that it was probably a last resort option (and I don't know anything about getting venues and hosting events) but they should have had another fall back option.

I've spent 1-2 hours catching up and I'm just sad now. I was happy with the EU announcement but now I'm just sad

The only way ESL can redeem themselves is if they give each spectator at the Halo World Championships 2k and split the rest of the 600k to the pros.

Either that or 2 more gold REQ packs than they're giving us.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks Timo

The only way ESL can redeem themselves is if they give each spectator at the Halo World Championships 2k and split the rest of the 600k to the pros.

Either that or 2 more gold REQ packs than they're giving us.

How dare you insinuate that 2k dollars is anywhere near the value of 2 gold packs. You have to go at least 5k.

Timo had better shitposts than you today. Step your game up.

I know. I don't mind though, it seems like some other people held the fort down pretty well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know. I don't mind though, it seems like some other people held the fort down pretty well.

Thanks man.

10:16 Nightbot: Weather for OpTiC House: Lethul is Washed with a temperature of Hot Trash. The wind is blowing from Lethul's ass at 420 MPH and the current humidity is stickier than Lethuls favorite tube sock.

Ladies and gentlemen, nightbot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The tournament and broadcast will be dope, ESL will do a good job there. I just wish they hadn't tried to spin it as the "Burbank campus", made it worse IMO

When can we see final boss hoodies for sale again
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How good is the quality? I really want to get one.

It's alright. Nothing to write home about but not bad, just average as expected. I'd say my FB hoodie is probably better quality and these str8 hoodies run pretty normal in sizing. My FB hoodie is an XL but has a pretty slim fit (like most MLG merch) and my str8 hoodie is also an XL but is a lot more roomier.

Overall I'm happy with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1