CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This forum...specifically this thread feels like back to the  THC days dealing with Reach/H4. And I mean this in a very good way. There is no need for us to deal with bad decisions for people who apparently don't care as much for the game as we do.

I would literally quit my good paying job to be the HCS lead/run this league properly, if I had the chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would I be trolling? Any good Halo event is good for the community and scene irrespective of who puts it on. 

I don't know, why are you? I don't know why you would be, but you understand how it's sort of coming across that way, right?

We're all trying to give ESL the benefit of the doubt instead of completely going off here but c'mon, do we need to get an entire page straight of comments @-ing you to get a little more light shed on the question everyone's asking? lol

• What led to Burbank being the venue?
  • What other options were there?
  • What issues were there with those options? Given the late announcement and everything, this seems most likely to be edifying
  • Alternatively: just tell us you have an NDA and we'll respect that too.

We're just making jokes, we don't actually think there's something malicious going on here. we'd just like a little more explanation and transparency, yknow? I guess what I'm trying to say is I really don't want you to stop coming here because the engagement is important, but its important to actually engage. 

I don't know, why are you trolling? I don't know why you would be, but you understand how it's sort of coming across that way, right? We're all trying to give ESL the benefit of the doubt instead of completely going off here but c'mon, do we need to get an entire page straight of comments @-ing you to get a little more light shed on the question everyone's asking? lol

what led to burbank being the final venue? what other options were there? what issues were there with those options? alternatively: just tell us you have an NDA and we'll respect that too. we're just making jokes, we don't actually think there's something malicious going on here. we'd just like a little more explanation and transparency, yknow?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I really don't want you to stop coming here because the engagement is important, but its important to actually engage. 

When will these forum that my harsh, crass, rude, and unprofessional opinions are the truth? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've read how bad this decision was on r/Halo, NeoGAF, twitter, and of course here. Like you had to know it was a bad idea.

If the other venue fell through tell us, I can respect you trying - show us some transparency for once. Seeing it as the ESL Garage is just mind-numbing even 6 hours later.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why would I be trolling? Any good Halo event is good for the community and scene irrespective of who puts it on. 

Name the last good Halo event. 

At this point, they are beyond saving this. I'd accept the ESL/Burbank venue, happily, if 343 gave 100% transparency and told us what happened to the REAL venue.

(and then preferably fire the person who managed budget/venue negotiations)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This community is more toxic than the Kremlin's best poisons. You guys should be happy it's in a closet, we could have easily had worlds be online only.

Thank you, ESL, for always thinking about the community's needs. 

Not even sure why we bother asking genuine questions. Unless it's Tom French or Menke, no one at 343 or ESL will ever be frank about anything. Sketch is decent (i feel bad witness him trying to wade through all the bullshit w/o shitting on the work of his Co-workers)

We've got Tashi going to r/halo and blaming player feedback for their moronic seeding structure.

No one from ESL has ever bothered to explain how their rules or rulings ever made sense.

Then after multiple lackluster cali LANs, we are returning for another loser

We just get canned responses where everyone pretends that they are learning how to do better, when in reality there is NOTHING to learn. Just do the things that have already been proven to work...then profit.

Everyone involved in Halo just acts like their hands are tied. They aren't allowed to make improvements and they aren't allowed to say why. They just have to pretend like everything is awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Oh my sweet pizza pie. 

I just came to say that our very own HCS caster Dan @@Gaskin will be a secondary broadcaster for the ESL CSGO Pro league Season 5 (on European side of course) which I thought was cool. Tsquared was a CS:GO analyst for NA last year. 

I was lowkey hoping we got an ESL One level event for a MILLION dollar tournament but I guess Halo is truly irrelevant. 

:( 

• Upvote (+1) 3

With all the talks about Rocket League and whatnot, I have to say their community and company around it was amazing when we ran our first tournament last week. One of the most surprising thing was we actually got a RT from the Rocket League twitter for our stream that eventually hit 6k viewers with over 60+ teams. They did it because they saw it and wanted to support it. When we were running Halo in 2016 with ASTRO, they would have to ask them most times to even do that - if that even bothered to log in. The support starts at the top, I'm tired of fighting for this game when it appears they don't care. We are one of the biggest Halo communities around, where the hell did @@ske7ch go? Did he "forget" his password like @@Bravo too? Why did I personally make @@StrongSide account for him, even made sure his sig was perfect but won't even get on here. I'm not even going to get into the tournament sponsors who bailed after MCC fucked up.

Wait, what tournament were you running on RL? Was it a TB tournament?

25k qualifier

fotu_halofest_2014_0019.jpg

Fuckin broken windows, pallets, trash cans, and old ass wooden barrels. 

Looks like the type of alley way you would give a "chestnut" to some low class hooker.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, what tournament were you running on RL? Was it a TB tournament?

We ran a 3v3 Rocket League tournament last week for $1,000 with ASTRO Gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuckin broken windows, pallets, trash cans, and old ass wooden barrels. 

Looks like the type of alley way you would give a "chestnut" to some low class hooker.

Those are high class assassins creed barrels it should cost at least $100 for a blow there.

• Upvote (+1) 1