CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yo but for real, how awesome would it be if tomorrow ESL and 343 were like, "NAH JUST KIDDING WORLD'S IS IN COLUMBUS OR BOSTON OR NEW YORK OR CHICAGO OR ORLANDO OR DALLAS OR REALLY ANY-FUCKING-PLACE OTHER THAN BURBANK.. GET HYPED!"

• Upvote (+1) 4

I still have like 10 pages of anger to read.

Glad I bailed on HWC 2017 at the start. The writing was on the wall right from the start.

Someone wake me when MLG starts running competitive Halo again. Even at their worst they were never this bad.

i love how decisions like this are made even though people like vivi and timo say they read the forums ever day and they take our opinion seriously

You forgot  :kappa:  after seriously 

343: we have the best player retention since H3.

343: What can we do to change this?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol i like how Maven's idea of a low standard tournament is a seemingly significant upgrade to the current World's location

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hi Guys, first post, I have been playing Halo since its birth on xbox, watched it, grew up with it, and still love it. I've lurked on Teambeyond for around 4 months now, after discovering it randomly. I'm from England and I just want to kind of portray the observations I've made over the last few months:

• First of all, this community is genuine. That is the one word that comes to my mind, so many different forms of advice, from the experienced to the general fan of the franchise. Memery aside (11/10) there have been individuals who have given replies which could be considered 'toxic', Id simply say any one who truly believes that this forum is a burden to visit, print every page of this thread and go through and you'l find that the constructive and and some times genuinely complex feedback given would be worth gold to a business if they truly attempted to engage here and valued it. 
  • Halo deserves more, the Pros have a bucket load to say with regards to this, the players do, the fans do, and the forums do, hell employees involved within the franchise believe that. Before any one states its a business and the decisions made are due to the limited spectrum of choice available, i believe this to be absurd. Im a recent graduate in finance, if it is glaringly obvious to me that very simple decisions could be made to harness the passion of the community, take on feedback, drive the scene itself, it would be beneficial to both the viewer and the franchise, beneficial not just in the quality of whats being received but in monetary sense as well.​

I missed the period after halo 3, up until Halo 5, it had so much promise, I still get giddy thinking of attending an event, I can only imagine what you guys have gone through over the years, watching Halo, some thing which we all love, slowly getting buried. I hope everything turns out okay. 

I hope Halo continues to be in my life for years to come, after seeing all the Worlds location fiasco I finally decided to post, no idea why, but just kind of wanted to tell you guys that I feel honoured to be here, you guys have made me feel like part of a family.

i hope you post more because that was a pleasure to read

• Upvote (+1) 6

can someone please breakdown or give me a post # on the big "world's" news today? I only get about half an hour to use the internet and want to be spoon-fed during that time

You have to be trolling, right? You can't really be so oblivious.

Why would I be trolling? Any good Halo event is good for the community and scene irrespective of who puts it on. 

can someone please breakdown or give me a post # on the big "world's" news today? I only get about half an hour to use the internet and want to be spoon-fed during that time

You're better off in the dark. That way, you can let your imagination take flight instead of it being shot down like the rest of us.

when the prize pool is worth more than the venue you have a problem

No it isnt. What kind of idiot planner would spend more than a million for 3days to accommodate 12 teams.

No it isnt. What kind of idiot planner would spend more than a million for 3days to accommodate 12 teams.

What kind of idiot would blow their entire budget on inexperienced TOs and a repurposed JiffyLube as a finals venue?

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why would I be trolling? Any good Halo event is good for the community and scene irrespective of who puts it on. 

facts, burbank is obviously not ideal but it's a god damn 1M dollar tournament, and the matches are gonna be quality too

Couldn't resist

not gonna lie that's pretty funny but you gotta respect the guy for not blocking people who @ him with stuff like this

• Upvote (+1) 2

this just seems like you are intentionally playing dumb. dude you came here tonight because you knew we'd be mad. i dont get the point of acting so thick

• Upvote (+1) 2

facts, burbank is obviously not ideal but it's a god damn 1M dollar tournament, and the matches are gonna be quality too

not gonna lie that's pretty funny but you gotta respect the guy for not blocking people who @ him with stuff like this

343 do have thick skin on social media