CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i know mlg didnt have enough chairs that one time, but they deserve a chance at running things right. i know that they probably cant save us from 343, but at least i wouldnt have a 10 man listen-in, 45 min downtime between matches, or miss the best matches to the side station. since we got all those at once. and never forget championship monday

One interesting thing i noticed and i haven't seen a post about it yet. It says they will be having matches indoors and OUTDOORS. This could be cool if they make a big outdoor arena but i don't know if this is what they meant. 

it would be cool if the event werent held in a shady looking industrial area that looks like a set from the wire

Exactly.

What do you mean by the guinea pig comment. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

I'm worried that in a short time competitive Halo will not exist

If I've learned anything about our community, we don't give up completely. If 343 drops their competitive support and the entire existing infrastructure were to diminish, I'm almost certain something (less than ideal for sure, but something) would pop up in its place. At least we'd get better settings then  :lxthul:

i think he means please stop holding events at the one place everyone has asked that the event not be held. quit trying to push us away

Some of us have come up with a theory that the constant screwups by ESL / HCS is a social experiments to see if fans will stick around. The guinea pig comment is in reference to they are usually in experiments.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i know mlg didnt have enough chairs that one time, but they deserve a chance at running things right. i know that they probably cant save us from 343, but at least i wouldnt have a 10 man listen-in, 45 min downtime between matches, or miss the best matches to the side station. since we got all those at once. and never forget championship monday

10 man listen-ins are the future of halo esports, stop trying to hold back technology we could be hearing both teams plus casters so we miss nothing.

The 45 minute of down time gives you a chance to make  a cup of tea and get HYPED for halo wars 2.

BE Grateful for championship monday the more halo the better. Lets stop being so toxic Worlds in Burbank is a lesson for our misbehavior THANKYOU @@Timo

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what you choose to respond to? How about explaining why you chose a small and west coast based venue when the bulk of the Halo audience is decidedly east coast/midwest based?

• Upvote (+1) 7

One interesting thing i noticed and i haven't seen a post about it yet. It says they will be having matches indoors and OUTDOORS. This could be cool if they make a big outdoor arena but i don't know if this is what they meant. 

i saw that too but i wasn't sure what to make of it

it seems like they are gonna broadcast matches outside on tv screens because they are having "halofest" or whatever 

This is what you choose to respond to? How about explaining why you chose a small and west coast based venue when the bulk of the Halo audience is decidedly east coast/midwest based?

as far as I can tell, the only way to get a response is to incoherently rant or be otherwise mean-spirited. It's honestly pretty frustrating how regularly calm, carefully worded feedback gets completely ignored while trolls get immediate attention and reward for their trolling. Then they wonder why they get negative reactions, like it's not because all the calm and competent people haven't exhausted themselves to no avail already. I dunno man, sometimes I think ESL employees are allergic to bullet points.*

then again maybe they knew they were going back to Burbank all along and not engaging with the feedback was just the path of least resistance

* - i don't know if it's still necessary at this point but obv. with the exception of Simms, that poor bastard

• Upvote (+1) 2

as far as I can tell, the only way to get a response is to incoherently rant or be otherwise mean-spirited. It's honestly pretty frustrating how regularly calm, carefully worded feedback gets completely ignored while trolls get immediate attention and reward for their trolling. Then they wonder why they get negative reactions, like it's not because all the calm and competent people haven't exhausted themselves to no avail already. I dunno, man, I think ESL employees are allergic to bullet points

So what you're saying is we need to unban @@Cooper and he will fix everything?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

?

Oh cool you are on. Either shed some light on some things for the community or you can just say you aren't allowed to say anything. 

Saying nothing is gonna make you look bad, and if you at least say you arent allowed to say anything we understand know what to expect for that and wont blame you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh cool you are on. Either shed some light on some things for the community or you can just say you aren't allowed to say anything. 

Say nothing is gonna make you look bad, and if you at least say you arent allowed to say anything we understand know what to expect for that and wont blame you.

the halo community is very understanding when you give us a chance

this isn't CoD, the majority of us are adults 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do I even fucking care about this game, or this shitty esports program? I'd rather 343 just drop the HCS idea altogether at this point. Its embarrassing, and so frustrating, because its not even hard to make it better. Step one: log into your fucking Beyond account, and read this forum. @@Tashi posting responses on r/Halo is actually insulting.

Halo 6 better have LAN support or the competitive side of this franchise will be D.O.A.

I don't even have the energy ​to watch any more HCS events at this point. Hopefully the first day of London will be promising and get me hyped enough to watch it. But this past year has just been struggle after struggle to get the most basic ​things right. I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to just feel tired of all this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

because they are having "halofest" or whatever 

and honestly if that's the route they wanted to go, why not tag that on to an existing convention where you'll get new interested fans and a lot of people that might not be as hardcore fans of the series? Or RTX even, that would be a great convention to attach a HaloFest to as well. Unless the cosplayers in questions are paid attendees, you'd get more at a con like that too.  Tagging it onto a ~250 attendance finals in a refurbished jiffy lube studio just seems like the oddest chimera of a competitive event tbh. 

Then again it'll be 250 serious Halo fans there with 343 and pros and everything and I'm sure that'll be fun for them, so maybe I'm being too negative. Idk, I feel like I've kind of reached the point where I can't look at anything Halo without worrying about growth. 

So what you're saying is we need to unban @@Cooper and he will fix everything?   :kappa:

fuck it, HWC2016 is in Burbank so we've gone full circle already. @@Cooper for HCS Head

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 man listen-ins are the future of halo esports, stop trying to hold back technology we could be hearing both teams plus casters so we miss nothing.

The 45 minute of down time gives you a chance to make  a cup of tea and get HYPED for halo wars 2.

BE Grateful for championship monday the more halo the better. Lets stop being so toxic Worlds in Burbank is a lesson for our misbehavior THANKYOU @@Timo

I want to say that for Fall Finals we more or less hit 20-25 minutes of downtime between matches, right? 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I think he's joking that the choice of venue (despite all the feedback over the last year) is so inexplicable that the idea that it's a "test announcement" to gauge the reaction is almost a more rational sequence of events than actually ignoring the fans and going right back to Burbank. It's obviously tongue in cheek, but it's a pretty understandable sentiment. 

As respectfully as possible though, how did we end up with the EU event snagging Wembley frickin' Stadium while the $1,000,000 global tournament finals play out in a jiffy lube?

I am really looking forward to the event that Gfinity is putting on. However, need to realize that it is not in the stadium itself, but the Great Hall (you can check the Wembley website for photos). I am sure it'll be a great event. :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2