CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So disappointing. I can see the twitch chat trolls in my head already. Can we go back to not knowing where worlds is? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't give a shit as long as the tourney is good. Teams don't give a shit either since travel is paid for

Most people complaining only.woukd have went if it was close to.them anyway.

i've seen quite a few pros say they are unhappy with the venue

they don't want to play in a converted garage in front of MAYBE 100 people

a lot of these guys are in it for the glory, not the money

• Upvote (+1) 4

I can see the twitch chat trolls in my head already.

" ONE EleGiggle HUNDRED EleGiggle SPECTATORS "

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Wars 2 will be out at this point, so I'm really confused what they will show as their ads? Will we go back to watching forge mcdonalds videos?

No seriously Last year's World's venue was pretty awesome, how come we got smaller??

Just more HW2 ads. Why stop advertising it? Its what the fans want. Do you not want to just DROP DEATH OUT OF THE SKY?!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have faith in everyone's best intentions. I'm sure this (while hard to accept) was in ESL NA's best interest. I just wish that there was a way that we weren't held hostage to whoever 343 is leasing their servers. I wish grassroots stuff wasn't so impractical. Shit, I wish I could just binge a weekend LAN party with some friends.

Looking at prices, I could get drive a couple hours to omaha or kansas city and get a round trip for for under 200 if I skip class and fly back monday, but then I'd have taken 2 days off class, 2-3 nights off work. And for what? To fly out to a fucking jiffy lube in SoCal by myself where only 12 teams are going to be (only 7 of them NA).

It just fucking sucks that these collaborative efforts look like shit. It's literally embarrassing to show someone proleague videos with spectator mode or LAN footage of HCS Red 2 giving the blue team the business with 8 players, 2 coaches and 2 casters all talking at once.

I'm not going to shit on this too much because I think we all understand that no one thinks this is ideal. ESL isn't some terrible company. 343i/ Microsoft isnt trying to kill Halo. But the only way we can grow is when people like me can point halo and say "look, this is fucking awesome" to a friend and not be afraid that they can't look past all of the glaring problems.

This scene is just a cycle of hype and disillusionment haha

I really hope you guys in California (and otherwise more capable of going) do show up and support the event. I hope it's successful and I can tweet the stream without a friend telling me to DL Dota or get on CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 7

That's the meme though. People actually told me it costs $1000 MORE to go to an event on the west coast than one on the east.

But aside from all that, having what's supposed to be the biggest Halo tournament of the year (and you'd think ever if you planned on progressing instead of regressing) at a place that can't seat the forums seems strange. Halo won't sell out a 2,000 seat arena let alone a 5k. But I think 500-1000 is incredibly reasonable. I honestly kind of liked the Summer Finals venue.

I feel ya. People overreact to the flight situation a lot but I think a sizeable group on this forum is just tired of every major event continuing to be on the west coast. Traveling sucks, but I feel more would be receptive to it if events were more evenly distributed.

We can 100% agree on the venue being a bad decision though. It doesn't actually make any sense why it's there in the first place, but the fact that this announcement has been delayed for months makes it even worse.

• @HCS and @Halo have done fuck all to promote the other regions 

did they even tweet the stuff out for Worlds? They need to make this big and try to show us why it is still going to be a great event

Fuck you ESL. Let's just throw our own event.

All pro teams except for one should just throw their games at the official Worlds, then use the winnings to fund the purse for the good event.

I knew i missed some big announcement when I saw 20+ unread pages.

I can pleasantly say that I made the correct choice of picking TI7 over HaloWC 2017.

Oh well, here is to another year. :mj:

Now that the news has sunk in, how the fuck is a million $+ tournament being held in that fucking shanty house? A million+ in an area that holds no more than 250.

Seriously, just look at it. It's hysterical.

edit: 100 SEATS??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

THEY COULD GIVE EACH SPECTATOR $10,000 AND CALL IT A DAY

edit: I was memed. They could give each spectator $4,000 and call it a day.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now that would be hype.

I know they're joking, but just to give you a rough ball park (having discussed venue rentals with Caesars literally last week), you're looking at $80,000++ a day, not including load in and tear down. 

When memes go too far and become fake news

It's not fake lol image.png

Unless this is a meme and someone in a discord I'm in fooled me with an A+ meme

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The fact that @@mediabrute's meme is realistic enough to fool people should tell you everything you need to know.

Shhhh....

Im enjoying the fake news.

This is a lot like the feeling I had last night when the Patriots were down 28-3....

Actually, worse because Tom Brady doesn't work for ESL