CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I gave my wife a lot of shit for watching 16 and Pregnant / Teen Mom, buy hey at least I got @@Spartan to match that shows drama now.

Well...when it comes to drama Teen Mom would probably loose the fight againt this thread. :D

Has he actually been diagnosed with depression? That shit is rough. I wish he wouldn't turn to social media when he's down, that definately doesn't help...

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm pretty sure he's said he used to see a therapist. I might be wrong on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I try to limit my OT posts in the HCS thread... but with Radar being such a hot topic again, I'm going to shamelessly plug some good old Shadowrun.

Tonight around 11:15pm EST is a top tier scrimmage for the Shadowrun FPS. This game has NO RADAR. In fact, it does not even have player emblems to indicate where your teammates are. On top of that, there's immense amount of movement options including being able to teleport through walls, ceilings, and floors. Theres another ability to greatly increase movement speed at the cost of your health, theres gliders that can be combined with all these abilities or even gust etc. It's almost limitless honestly.

Here's the stream, I won't be playing. The stream to watch is this one: https://www.twitch.tv/bumjamas If anyone has ever heard the term Bum Jumping in Halo 5, it was figured out by this guy who is a long time top shadowrun player.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Here you go. @@Vick FVM

User in question thinks Halo is all about that long ass kill time.  Kek.  

Probably advocates Sprint, Thrust, Spartan Charge, and all the other bull shit that is plaguing Halo right now.  

Not sure if being negged for pointing out shitty stance on kill times, or assuming further shitty stances on mechanics based on said shitty stance. Or maybe is't just for bashing H3, which in that case keep em coming, that games blows. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They learned enough to know the needed to hire a pro team. They even fixed things that bungie broke, like equals starts.

They hired this team and yet apparently are too stubborn, stupid, or both to do something simple like a separate competitive playlist with settings unaffected by whatever genius thought two storm rifles on Empire was a good idea. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the people who actually know something about competitive Halo to have a bit more sway with regards to competitive settings than Timmersion McSprinterson, but hey. It's the thought that counts, I guess.

Previous games, outside of CE, may not have launched competitively viable, but we weren't reliant on convincing Bungie to improve what was played in tournaments slightly after a year and it was actually possible to organize a real LAN without developer-sanctioned closed servers. With H5, we got better default settings and NO competitive settings. Great.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I cant tell if youre joking or not. But no one is pushing for this change to make themselves better. Its being pushed to make the game better. But im gonna assume you knew that and were shitposting

No, I being was serious. He will be such a better player in this game with radar gone. :)

I wouldn't doubt it. I'm pretty sure he's said he used to see a therapist. I might be wrong on that.

if thats the case then i feel like a dick for making fun of him

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just don't want to play a game that's a power weapon/auto/straight upgrade crouch fest. Is that too much to ask? We get "test" playlists which are usually just shuffling around garbage. How about we actually use it to TEST some new things? Pistol only starts? No other rifles? No autos? Come on we can do this.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm trying to clarify some details about a past MLG Halo 3 event.

It was MLG 2008 in Toronto during the Fan Expo event. The main stage was at the far end of the building and the side stations to the right. I was watching a series on one of the side stations. Someone choked last second and got assassinated bottom middle while running the flag on Amplified. When the game ended, someone stood up and pointed at each person on the other team and yelled, "YOU SUCK." 

Anyone know the teams or players? I tell this story all the time. 

I'm not sure if this is the same scenario, but it could be it. At that event we (Ambush) were playing Carbon in Game 5 Amplified TS when it was 49-49 and Nexus assassinated one of them for the 50th kill. I'm pretty sure Nexus said something after the game. Amplified didn't have CTF so you are either talking about Amplified TS or Onslaught CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All things considered, I can't wait for the next LAN. It will be LIT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

just one last thing about any issues radar might be causing 

awareness is like a muscle, and for a lot of people that muscle has atrophied. if after a few weeks of serious practice, with power weapon balances, people are still complaining then ok.

Just give it time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the love of god, can we PLEASE get all the team skins in the in-game req store? They would sell so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Anybody that thinks Halo 3 is the most competitive or best Halo game, in my opinion, is just simply ignorant, or would have to be in order to come to that conclusion. I'm not using the term ignorant as an insult. I'm using it in it's pure definition; lack thereof knowledge.

I don't see how anybody that has played Halo C. E., Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5, and Halo Reach could ever think that Halo 3 is the best or most competitive. It is exactly where everything started to go to shit.

This neggamanjaro all started because of an outrageous comment about having smaller kill times being bad for the game. So I simply wanted to kmow more about his views and perspective. When a person tells me Halo 3 is goat that tells me all I need to know about their thoughts and logical reasoning towards Halo as a game and I'm not going to waste my efforts into debating them.

Besides, I honestly think a lot of the affection for H3 that I so mistakenly insulted really comes down to just pure Nostalgia for the good ole MLG days and not really the merits of the game itself at all; especially given that this is the HCS thread.

god forbid people cant look past the amazing lans with incredible large turnout and huge streaming audience and mlg curated playlist. was it the best? doesnt matter. it was still great. halo 3 is not where things went downhill. reach was where we fell off a fucking cliff.

im just gonna go hold on to my warm and fuzzy memories of an incredible competitive game

169483-inside-out-hug.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For the love of god, can we PLEASE get all the team skins in the in-game req store? They would sell so much better.

Bro, you're way off topic...

• Upvote (+1) 7

thats's the issue, a few weeks time is St Louis.

They crammed the seasons together again and we have no idea what is right or not. I got on yesterday and had no idea what to play lmao

It's just the same thing with settings always, they want to overhaul, but we have 3 weeks til a season starts.

To be fair, there was never any indication that radar would be in the discussion for 2017. Ghost's test maps are essentially shoe-ins for actually being implemented so I'd start grinding those just as you would normal scrims. Radar is obviously being discussed but it's pretty straightforward in terms of what you all will be playing for UGC and HWC.

(Unfortunately)

• Upvote (+1) 1