FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

$600-$700 flight from GR, MI. lol fuck off 343.

dafuck? I'm having flights for 950€ from Germany, why are flights within the states so expensive

Now I hope Hecz doesn't attend worlds seriously showing that on vision would be embarrassing it would make Halo look like a massive joke if our equivalent of COD Champs is being held in Burbank.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Give me a reason to come

The competition will literally be the only reason to attend. Despite everything else going wrong for this scene, the competition itself is flourishing.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's about $400+ for me to fly out from NJ. Not sure why Michigan is so much more expensive yet closer. All I know is this years Beach LAN Ticket cost me $190.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another reason why flights are so expensive is that you are still technically hitting Spring Breaks of some schools. I know that's why my flight to Vegas is going to cost more than normal (Normally able to get for about 150-200, it is probably going to run me around 350). Also Tips for anyone who doesn't know, booking on Tuesday's = Cheaper flights, and make sure to clear you cookies and history when you go to purchase it. Simms was correct about them raising the prices on people who search consistently. 

Edit: Sorry for poor wording, at work and I kind of rushed this post :p

• Upvote (+1) 1

Find be some of these $100 flights @@Phade

a581152d6fec80bbcb70b2d7b217522d.png

None of those look like $1,000 to me. Which is what everyone tells me it costs to fly to the west coast.

I do think East Coast would be better though. I've never not thought that. I just think people exaggerate.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Lol No. Thats MediaBrutes interpretation, but pretty much...yes. 

I don't know.. it seems like they're more like predictions than satire at this point. @@mediabrute is Halo's nostradamus.

• Upvote (+1) 1

None of those look like $1,000 to me. Which is what everyone tells me it costs to fly to the west coast.

I do think East Coast would be better though. I've never not thought that. I just think people exaggerate.

Plus hotel, uber, food, tickets, etc.

I mean I get it, but I rather go to Disney than waste my money to watch people play Halo in a defunct factory.

• Upvote (+1) 7

People don't want to pay 500 to fly to an event in a back ally. If 343 is to expected people to drop $ 1000 (tickets, flight, food, hotel) on a weekend event then they need to give them a event worth going to. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got a buddy that goes to OSU. He's a got a 2 bedroom dorm. I think we can rent it out from him for the weekend if 343i would like to change venues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what will happen with HCS after worlds? So many missed opportunities to make Halo esport great again...it is impossible to understand the reasoning behind all this and why would anything change to the better in the future? Will Halo esport survive? In my more cynical moments I almost think they want to show some executives that Halo esport is the wrong path for the franchise and it is better to go bananas with Warzone. I am so confused. Seriously, I would pay a lot to hear the Beyond team interview 343/ESL about their business and game decisision.

I don't think that anyone has ever said that the flights cost $1000. That whole argument is by the time I buy my flight, book my hotel, get my ticket, pay for food and transport it basically adds up to $1000 to attend an event that is at a venue no one wants to go to.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh well I guess this community and it's opinions are literally worthless to 343. They'd prefer the pathetic sycophancy of waypoint. 

This is just too depressing, it's worse that ESL/343 staff tried to hype this up. 

• Upvote (+1) 5