CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tweet was deleted so here's just the image:

Bg71jtU.jpg

They heard our complaints guys. You are still getting fewer REQ packs than if you just watched from home for free though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It should be 30 Gold REQ packs - good god.

"We hear you"

They upped the gold packs haha

• Upvote (+1) 7

Tweet was deleted so here's just the image:

Bg71jtU.jpg

I'm telling you guys, they are trying to get a feel on what people like and then releasing the real info soon.

WE ARE NOT GUINEA PIGS @@Timo

They upped the gold packs haha

:kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

10x gold reqs. 

yup. That made my decision to go to burbank now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think this is just another sign that esports is not a high priority within 343 in terms of planning and financial resources; their ROI doesn't really change that much if they spend $500,000 to book and staff a huge venue, so why spend the extra money?  I kind of understand it from their perspective ... and frankly, for most fans (like myself, who never planned on attending), there's zero difference.  I guess it would be slightly more hype to have a big crowd but the games themselves are more exciting to me than audience reactions ...

I get down voted for saying this.  Halo is such a niche "e-sport" right now with it's low viewership and minuscule player population, that it makes no financial sense to put on a big production.  We can all just watch from home.  It's still going to be a fantastic tournament. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I get down voted for saying this.  Halo is such a niche "e-sport" right now with it's low viewership and minuscule player population, that it makes no financial sense to put on a big production.  We can all just watch from home.  It's still going to be a fantastic tournament. 

You're completely missing the point here and it's comical

• Upvote (+1) 8

My head hurts after reading this info. Misspellings, lack of info, and fewer req packs all wrapped up in a present waiting for you in an alley.

• Upvote (+1) 6

"You too, could be one of 12 lucky people to watch the Halo World Championships live at ESL studios in Burbank, California" - 343i  :lxthul:

$600-$700 flight from GR, MI. lol fuck off 343.

I'm in Troy, let's carpool.

62abb8ca067dd6592775bd353f361bc0.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

So. Let's look at this real quick. The World's venue hasn't released exact capacity numbers as far as I know but in the past it's been reported that the max seating capacity is less than 300.

I got a grand 100 fuck yous right here HAHAHAHAHAHAH

C4AoyX6UEAEKfaJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

$600-$700 flight from GR, MI. lol fuck off 343.

lol thanks for doing my research for me

• Downvote (-1) 1

aevj_G.gif

Praying for you @@TheSimms

Don't have to pray for me mate, just hoping to see as many people there as possible! Will be a great weekend  :)

Noticed you posted your flights earlier, they are actually more expensive than mine? Guessing NA must be notoriously pricey on flights? If anyone needs any help with travel/accommodation recommendations feel free to drop me a DM. Will help anyone where I can, local hotel will be at a discounted rate and it costs like 4/5$ uber to the campus.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

At least the Dreamhack events will have nice venues.

Yeah. I've got my ticket for DH ATL already. At this point I'm way more excited for that than I am for Worlds Finals, and that just doesn't quite feel right. I expected to be equally anticipating the events at the least. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1