CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Haven't seen the size of the venue or # of tickets that will be for sale, but if I were to book a flight and hotel, should I be concerned about getting a ticket? Last world's they sold out in like 1 minute. They also said directly that they would learn from it and well, let's just say that didn't happen.

Genuinely think they should have gone to some like 2000 person arena. I do think it could fill up when you factor in players friends, families, and then just basic fans and other people interested in seeing what it's all about for a decent price. Obviously that would have been assuming they announced it a couple months ago when they announced worlds. Too late to fill that kind of stadium now.

I would not buy a flight or hotel until you've bought a ticket. This thing will sell out in approximately 3 minutes (Not due to demand, but an extreme scarcity of seating).

WHERE THOUGH

inB4 "We've been waiting for a chance to show off our wonderful dedicated servers. We're proud to announce that HWC 2017 will be held ONLINE!"

Edit: Silly me, I thought I gave a worst-case scenario. ESL has me properly corrected... fucking California

This is a shot from the Big Buck Hunter World Championship, and arcade game.

PAmIoOU.png

This is a shot from inside the Burbank studio during an event, home of the 2017 Halo World Championship, a AAA game title.

mJtOsqv.png

Let that sink in.

Fake news. The crowd at worlds last year was over flowing with people waiting down the streets of Burbank just to see EG vs CLG round 1.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I swear it's like 343 isn't even trying anymore they literally just picked the laziest option possible...why can't this damn company swallow there damn pride and let MLG be involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe there's a whiteboard in a conference room at 343 and ESL that simply reads;

"How do we announce worlds is in Burbank without losing 100% of our fanbase?"

Topical.....

• Upvote (+1) 3

How is the qualifier for the EU teams at a better location than the actual tournament? 

I've never directly advocated for ESL to lose its position to MLG or another TO because I believed they were actually trying to succeed, but just lacked the skill. They clearly aren't trying anymore. This decision reeks of complacency. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Gears has MLG. That's the difference

The Coalition are also very passionate about esports and know what they are doing. 

The 1 million dollar Halo tourney gets relegated to some back-alley studio.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haven't seen the size of the venue or # of tickets that will be for sale, but if I were to book a flight and hotel, should I be concerned about getting a ticket? Last world's they sold out in like 1 minute. They also said directly that they would learn from it and well, let's just say that didn't happen.

Genuinely think they should have gone to some like 2000 person arena. I do think it could fill up when you factor in players friends, families, and then just basic fans and other people interested in seeing what it's all about for a decent price. Obviously that would have been assuming they announced it a couple months ago when they announced worlds. Too late to fill that kind of stadium now.

Last worlds didnt sell out did it? No one fucking went.