CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why go to the house if they're not playing in qualifiers? Blogs don't need that much material.

And they 11-2d eg in scrims.

I'm going to not use the eg AR skin anymore as a protest.

Let's take bets in who replaces Devon after worlds season. Currently naded is the favorite at +190

Why play in qualifiers if they're guaranteed 1st seed?

• Upvote (+1) 5

If they can hire Menke who can adress the most important matchmaking problems first day at work, why they fucking can't hire someone who has a fucking clue how to run esports ? Holy shit I am so disgusted with what is happening right now. Just hand the reins over to me, at least I will do a better job tweeting out the stream and saying fuck off to Cratos next time he will try to get seed he doesn't deserve.

It's just weird that they are having these issues.

As far as seeding and formatting, why not just follow CENTURIES worth of best practices in tournament organizing?

A simple Google search could have guided them correctly

A seed is a competitor or team in a sport or other tournament who is given a preliminary ranking for the purposes of the draw. Players/teams are "planted" into the bracket in a manner that is typically intended so that the best do not meet until later in the competition.

I'm honestly dumbfounded that we have several events leading up to Vegas to determine who the current "best" teams are, yet an arbitrary label of 'Pro' earned in an unrelated event, carries more weight than performance in actual HWC tournaments.

I can't fathom the type of mental gymnastics required to walk out of a meeting with a feeling that THIS format makes an ounce a sense.

You shouldn't have to hire an expert to know that Tournaments should be fair, and information regarding tournaments should be given out in advance of the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why go to the house if they're not playing in qualifiers? Blogs don't need that much material.

Only two of them are there so far. TJ on the way soon, and Royal2 in a bit. Apparently flights are horrible for some reason right now ($700+ Canadian for a 12hr+ flight to Chicago).

I wonder if they'll finally announce the location for the event

Doubt it

The minor league finals will be on Hitbox today, casted by Proverb and Knightyknight. Some great talent and definitely some great series coming up, check it out

What time?

The minor league finals will be on Hitbox today, casted by Proverb and Knightyknight. Some great talent and definitely some great series coming up, check it out

But...  Super Bowl...

• Upvote (+1) 1

But...  Super Bowl...

Anyone remember when the pros had to convince the HCS / ESL staff that streaming an online tourney against the Super Bowl was a bad idea....fun times...wait a minute :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Anyone remember when the pros had to convince the HCS / ESL staff that streaming an online tourney against the Super Bowl was a bad idea....fun times...wait a minute :mj:

Well, on the bright side, this is just a minor league thing the day of the Super Bowl (hopefully ending before?).  Still, scheduling things the same day...

Only two of them are there so far. TJ on the way soon, and Royal2 in a bit. Apparently flights are horrible for some reason right now ($700+ Canadian for a 12hr+ flight to Chicago).

TJ is at the house

Why play in qualifiers if they're guaranteed 1st seed?

$750 for first and it's better practice than scrims
  • Downvote (-1) 2

$750 for first and it's better practice than scrims

Hey, just wanted to say optic were planning on playing yesterday but Snakebite said that Royal2 was on a bad sleeping schedule. He either forgot they were planning to play or didn't get the memo. Their plans are to play in the rest for practice if they can.

Also hey forum long time reader first time poster, I have all my memes and shitposts at the ready ;)

• Upvote (+1) 9

He just won $250k.  I'm pretty sure he can swing a $700 plane ticket. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10