CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Like i said, this dynamic is not unique to ANY halo game. I listed several examples of bungie games where similar fights for or against 'obvious' scenarios were actually LOST in the final retail game.

So people acting like 343 is the first dev team to be saved from a bad idea is silly. It's a part of game development.

They didn't have the right people to weed out bad ideas when they made Halo 4, so they hired people to help with that in Halo 5. That's a logical step.

In general, you're making a false equivalence. There's a difference between a collaborative process where people exchange ideas and debate about something like fall damage and a team of veteran pro players having to fight tooth and nail to put descoping in the game after the debacle of halo 4. It suggests at the most basic level that 343 has difficulty understanding what makes Halo good. Maybe I'm misunderstanding Neighbor's words, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but he said something like "you have no idea how much time and energy we (the pro team) put into getting descoping into the game".

You say how quickly we forgot about stuff like smg starts in Halo 2 or bloom and armor abilities (interesting to bring up what killed MLG halo), but I would say that's the kind of stuff that should have been obvious to not implement at the time, and secondly they should have the capability to learn from mistakes like those.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me a post where people got mad at the pro team for helping to remove bad features from the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found one just glancing back that I was going to share.

Just copy+paste it, pm it to me, and also send me when it was posted.

What I'm saying is all those changes make it a different game. Something obviously you guys might want. But many people actually like H5.

It's not as black and white as simply turning off radar and making the game 100x better.

You could make this argument about most of the playlists in the game.  most are significantly different from one another for various reasons.  Swat has no pickups and no radar and no autos (its the closest thing to competitive we have now that im thinking about it... go figure). :wutface:

Grifball and warzone and infection and big team and action sack etc etc.  There are less "standard halo 5" lists right now than non-standard.

Play ranked snipers. No radar, no automatics, precision weapons only. Noticed this yesterday. Snipers has no autos and no radar, why can't we?

• Upvote (+1) 6

This is out of context, if you want to reply to what I said you should see what this was in response to.  Or just neg and move along as you did.  And if you think the most anyone here has accused 343 of is simply being "out of touch" then I have nothing else to say.

i have to say that toxicity is complaining about being negged (which i did bc i think your arguments arent substantial) and being disagreed with

image.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Play ranked snipers. No radar, no automatics, precision weapons only. Noticed this yesterday. Snipers has no autos and no radar, why can't we?

BTB maps with a stupidly overpowered Sniper.

Sounds fun  :flip:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BTB maps with a stupidly overpowered Sniper.

Sounds fun  :flip:

Wasn't a serious suggestion, just pointing out other playlists have aspects of what we want.

Might be a little more difficult given that you're changing something that has remained the same since 2001.

just like they changed something that was never part of the competitive game since H1 right

You can keep it. You accuse me of tossing around insults when I actually went out of my way to give a PR reply to all the negativity here. Nothing I said is even close to what I see page after page on here.

Lol, just continuing to play the victim in this forum huh? Your hypocrisy goes a long way in damaging your reputation around here, so how about you don't try to go the route of "the lesser of two evils"?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just like they changed something that was never part of the competitive game since H1 right

Not really, no. Everyone is familiar with radar and no radar. Nobody is familiar with a radar that will only show spartan abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In general, you're making a false equivalence. There's a difference between a collaborative process where people exchange ideas and debate about something like fall damage and a team of veteran pro players having to fight tooth and nail to put descoping in the game after the debacle of halo 4. It suggests at the most basic level that 343 has difficulty understanding what makes Halo good. Maybe I'm misunderstanding Neighbor's words, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but he said something like "you have no idea how much time and energy we (the pro team) put into getting descoping into the game".

You say how quickly we forgot about stuff like smg starts in Halo 2 or bloom and armor abilities (interesting to bring up what killed MLG halo), but I would say that's the kind of stuff that should have been obvious to not implement at the time, and secondly they should have the capability to learn from mistakes like those.

Also, I'm still waiting for you to show me a post where people got mad at the pro team for helping to remove bad features from the game.

People were mad that it took Pro team (who is a part of 343) to keep a 'basic' feature in the game.

If you look at the development process of ANY halo game, or any game at all, youll see similar fights and debates take place.

Its not a false equivalence at all. If you played CE, You would consider a utility weapon that empowers individual skill an 'obvious' component of the franchise. Well we havent had that SINCE CE, and it ALMOST didnt happen in CE were it not for a last minute code change.

Is descoping more basic than equal starts? Bungie killed that on their own, remember?

Bungie learns from there mistakes? Kept dual wielding in halo 3. Evolved equipment into Armor abilities in Reach.

After much fighting and debate, we got Armor lock and jet packs? Was it not 'obvious' that those shouldn't be in a halo game?

The idea that the previous administration had some clear vision on what makes a good halo game is just nonsense when you stop and look at all the fundamentally bad things Bungie implemented in their own games.

What we should be gathering from this is that pro team is a great asset to the team. And is nice that 343 decided to create such a team. I wish Bungie had a Pro team.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I agree with you.  I posted a similar response several pages back and ended up -30 neg...maybe more now.  I hate how so much of the Halo community has become a close-minded, toxic, hive-mind about the topic of radar.

I hate how much of the Halo community has become whiny children about people pointing out that their positions are idiotic. It people are "toxic," it's probably because they're tired of having the make arguments against stupid shit that was thrown out in literally every previous Halo game for a reason. And yet here we are, discussing the merits of radar in competitive Halo. What a world we live in.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Not really, no. Everyone is familiar with radar and no radar. Nobody is familiar with a radar that will only show spartan abilities.

There was no need to have a radar that shows only spartan abilities because spartan abilities are....... new.... People have gotten used to Spartan abilities, don't see why they wouldn't get use to spartan abilities only radar. It also not like it's a new concept. CoD had a motion tracker that only shows when someone shoots or sprints (If I remember correctly).

There was no need to have a radar that shows only spartan abilities because spartan abilities are....... new.... People have gotten used to Spartan abilities, don't see why they wouldn't get use to spartan abilities only radar. It also not like it's a new concept. CoD had a motion tracker that only shows when someone shoots or sprints (If I remember correctly).

It's more so Halo has had a radar that remained the same since 2001. Suddenly changing that a year into one game would be a bit confusing. 

I'm all for it (or no radar in ranked/Team Arena in general) but I'm just asking you to look at just one of many reasons why it isn't exactly a simple change.

I think this back and forth between @@Mhunterjr and @@Ugug is taken as some as toxicity but really is the perfect example of our ability to have an amazing conversation even when we disagree. im learning a lot from this exchange

Errmmmm

FyNeF2c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's more so Halo has had a radar that remained the same since 2001. Suddenly changing that a year into one game would be a bit confusing. 

I'm all for it (or no radar in ranked/Team Arena in general) but I'm just asking you to look at just one of many reasons why it isn't exactly a simple change.

I think warning people and letting people know is simple. People accepting it and getting used to something new will always take a little time.  I think adding Skirmish gives us a little leeway though. Arena is no longer the only way to play objective game types so if someone isn't a fan or is struggling with it they aren't completely alienated. I see where you are coming from though.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe Spartan was joking guys. You don't know.

radar

radar

or maybe

radar

radar

radar

OR MAYBE

radar

radar

radar

radar

he was being toxic