CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the worst part about this is that most people here will forget about it in a week when the information is released. They'll come in with their big surprise and everyone will brown-nose the ESL guys and 343. And nothing will be learned from it.  

that's the whole point

i do agree the halo community has a horrible memory but people member

summer pro league finals were announced 2 weeks before the event and this is what attendance looked like

TDlSZRy.png

hwNlq4k.jpg

Is this for real. If it is, no wonder they never showed the crowd at the event

Also, are there any other photos

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this for real. If it is, no wonder they never showed the crowd at the event

Also, are there any other photos

The rest of the crowd was at the K-pop event instead
  • Upvote (+1) 3

We went from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahcnbMdrltI 

a year into Reach to....

that's the whole point

i do agree the halo community has a horrible memory but people member 

summer pro league finals were announced 2 weeks before the event and this is what attendance looked like

TDlSZRy.png

hwNlq4k.jpg

this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We went from

a year into Reach to....

this.

You mean verses an NBNS open event where people were told to turn up for the good of the scene? I know it's cool to wallow in self pity but actually employ some reasoning.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remember when 343 announced the 2017 road map. It "appeared" to be amazing.

Then the powers that be proceeded to shit on every event in one way or another.

UGC had the most idiotic bracket structure ever

The online cups and vegas are already marred by an idiotic points system

They were reluctant to break LATAM into actual regions, and when reason prevailed (at the last minute) they didn't even translate the ruling into Portuguese

Tickets to the EU event still aren't on sale

And we still have no clue where worlds is.

I guess if the LQC isn't a plagued with lagouts we can say we got one event right.:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

"I guess if the LCQ isn't plagued with lagouts we can say we got one event right"

On H5 servers? :lxthul:

(Quote function not working for me, my b)

Tell me again why a closed event absolutely has to be held in the midwest when team turnout won't be a factor? So you can personally go for cheap?

There are so many things to be rightfully outraged over that it amazes me when people start whining about Worlds probably not being in Ohio.

We just want to have big crowds again, my dude. The venue should have been announced weeks ago anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when 343 announced the 2017 road map. It "appeared" to be amazing.

Then the powers that be proceeded to shit on every event in one way or another.

UGC had the most idiotic bracket structure ever

The online cups and vegas are already marred by an idiotic points system

They were reluctant to break LATAM into actual regions, and when reason prevailed (at the last minute) they didn't even translate the ruling into Portuguese

Tickets to the EU event still aren't on sale

And we still have no clue where worlds is.

I guess if the LQC isn't a plagued with lagouts we can say we got one event right.:kappa:

What pissed me off most about the ugc bracket was that even though there was pretty good turnout, there were always better games being played on feature stations. That made the crowd look like shit when in reality 4it was a good turnout.

I know we wont have thousands of spectators but we could get 500 or so for worlds if it were known now were it will be held and when it is. How do they expect fans from EU and LATAM and ANZ to come see their teams or even the teams themselves to be able to make it if they wont release that info

So wait, UK players and fans will get the venue location under 2 weeks from the event?

• Upvote (+1) 6

Only way Worlds 2017 has a large crowd is if it's tethered to a 3rd party convention.. which there seem to be none of any relevance in March/April.

I mean... Dreamhack is in Austin during April... But I doubt it.

What pissed me off most about the ugc bracket was that even though there was pretty good turnout, there were always better games being played on feature stations. That made the crowd look like shit when in reality 4it was a good turnout.

I know we wont have thousands of spectators but we could get 500 or so for worlds if it were known now were it will be held and when it is. How do they expect fans from EU and LATAM and ANZ to come see their teams or even the teams themselves to be able to make it if they wont release that info

Yeah the production schedule was shit. Let's hold up the tournament so that we can get no-names on stream, while the teams we care about are playing on a side station. Makes sense.

So wait, UK players and fans will get the venue location under 2 weeks from the event?

Hey at least we've got a quadrant. Let's be grateful

We went from

a year into Reach to....

this.

As someone mentioned, that Reach event was for NBNS.

In other words, the tournament had settings that were designed to make the game as competitive as possible and therefore were hugely different from default settings.

We all know that won't happen in the current competitive climate, as people prefer to argue that the game needs to be as close to the less competitive default settings as possible while simultaneously watching interest in competitive Halo wane...after all, nothing says "pinnacle of halo competition" like seeing a top player crouching around with an AR.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

at least they knew what city the event was going to be in + what the exact dates were

so they could kinda plan their trips and lodging 

still shitty but better than the worlds situation by a mile

• Upvote (+1) 6

at least they knew what city the event was going to be in + what the exact dates were

so they could kinda plan their trips and lodging 

still shitty but better than the worlds situation by a mile

Will cost less than £3 to travel to the new venue from where some teams have booked hotels. 

Not ideal but the move is for the integrity of the tournament and making sure it runs as smoothly a possible. 

Also the venue is beyond amazing, I think you will all be shocked. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Will cost less than £3 to travel to the new venue from where some teams have booked hotels. 

Not ideal but the move is for the integrity of the tournament and making sure it runs as smoothly a possible. 

Can confirm, was shocked.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you sure we're talking about a halo 5 tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 6

wembly-stadium_t1.jpg?h=350&la=en&w=804
This was my first thought. Amazing if it is.