CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shotzzy just got a running riot againts Str8 in eden slayer. He finished 20-3.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lets be real.

Worlds is going to be in Burbank. ESL's relationship with 343 gives them priority, and ESL has a fully developed studio with everything in house already established. Why would they fund an event anywhere else? 

Have you ever been to the ESL Studio in Burbank? 

It wont be there.

...but then again nothing surprises me anymore. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's seriously at the ESL studio again then why the delay on dates? Unless Halo is a back burner product to them and they are juggling multiple games? That's all I can think of.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo in its current state isn't worthy of a stage like that imo. I would rather see a more competitive game and a better functioning league before even wanting it on a stage that large. 

We have got to be the most cucked community in gaming at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you ever been to the ESL Studio in Burbank? 

It wont be there.

...but then again nothing surprises me anymore. 

Perhaps not the closed studio in Burbank, but I think its safe to assume very near by. 

If it's seriously at the ESL studio again then why the delay on dates? Unless Halo is a back burner product to them and they are juggling multiple games? That's all I can think of.

I mean...thats the $1,000,000 question.

Twist: it's in the 343 studios. Shill-only invitational.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was looking for an excuse to use the word cuck but now that I think about it I do get some sort of perverse joy when watching tournaments for this game get fucked up.

lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm in babyyyyyyy

Whilst you're there, can you let me know if Ghost beats Unyshek again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a dream that one day competitive halo will be given the respect and attention it deserves. I have a dream that one day even the poorly planned west coast events will see 500 spectators in attendance. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by their main slaying and obj abilities.

Lmao. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what jump shottzy was trying to do on rig slayer against str8 at 49-49?

Clip?

People posting the big stages here again and their dreams, but even if Halo would get those stages there would be no one there. People travel from all over the world to see the biggest LoL or CS GO torunaments and here I see people not even visiting Halo events eventhough they live in the same state.

People posting the big stages here again and their dreams, but even if Halo would get those stages there would be no one there. People travel from all over the world to see the biggest LoL or CS GO torunaments and here I see people not even visiting Halo events eventhough they live in the same state.

how do you know that though? we have never had a proper large event before

obviously we aren't going to sell out stadiums but you better believe we could get a few hundred spectators given the chance 

What if Bubus team got picked up by Echo Fox? Aren't they the new big org out there with a lot of money kinda like E6?

Denial is more likely. Bubu talked highly of the owner when everyone was shitting on him, and he never took a percentage of their worlds money.

If they're smart they don't join an org until after worlds. ESL pays for their travel to worlds anyway, and why risk having an org want a piece of.your winnings

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

how do you know that though? we have never had a proper large event before

obviously we aren't going to sell out stadiums but you better believe we could get a few hundred spectators given the chance

IIRC the CSGO major at the weekend was the lowest capacity major since the first in 2014 with less than 5,000. IMO you would struggle to fill that for Halo as a spectacle rather than an event to compete in.

IIRC the CSGO major at the weekend was the lowest capacity major since the first in 2014 with less than 5,000. IMO you would struggle to fill that for Halo as a spectacle rather than an event to compete in.

yeah there's no chance we see 1k attendance let alone 5k given the circumstances of current halo esports

i could see an ideal high stakes open tournament drawing ~500 spectators (including players from eliminated teams obviously)