CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

SXSW Gaming is March 16-18.  The tournament stage has not been announced yet but I could see them holding an Overwatch tournament instead, given it is up for several of the sxsw gaming awards including excellence in multiplayer.

Excellence in multiplayer

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine (Sorry for bad photoshop, had to use word)

PQ8KChH.png

J8Wt52U.png

It took me too long but I finally figured out how photos work here. Now I can join in on the memes

• Upvote (+1) 8

I want to know why it hasn't been revealed yet.

- Have they not booked the venue?

- Have they got an issue with the venue?

- Have they even got the venue?

- Are they still organising the staffing?

- Are hotels an issue?

- Has the LAN server fallen off it's desk next to the MCC servers?

Why withold the information?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Allegiance are playing with Trippey again tonight if this flag warm up is anything to go by.

GEidyB5.png

Str8/Inc scrims going on. Shotzzy's been getting chewed out for two games in a row for not listening to callouts and refusing to take any criticism. They're still playing great, but when he matures a bit this team's going to step up another level.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"How do we announce worlds is in Burbank without losing 100% of the entitled Ohio fanbase?"

fix

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8/Inc scrims going on. Shotzzy's been getting chewed out for two games in a row for not listening to callouts and refusing to take any criticism. They're still playing great, but when he matures a bit this team's going to step up another level.

Does it seem like Shotzzy was open to listening to them?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

sjZ2JxM.jpg

Tell me again why a closed event absolutely has to be held in the midwest when team turnout won't be a factor? So you can personally go for cheap?

There are so many things to be rightfully outraged over that it amazes me when people start whining about Worlds probably not being in Ohio.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tell me again why a closed event absolutely has to be held in the midwest when team turnout won't be a factor? So you can personally go for cheap?

There are so many things to be rightfully outraged over that it amazes me when people start whining about Worlds probably not being in Ohio.

There would be a bigger crowd turnout. It would be a nice gesture to the extremely frustrated but insanely loyal fanbase.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine (Sorry for bad photoshop, had to use word)

Halo in its current state isn't worthy of a stage like that imo. I would rather see a more competitive game and a better functioning league before even wanting it on a stage that large. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They will go to another level when shooter doesn't go 7-17 in game 5s
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Don't think anyone cares if it's Ohio specifically. It's just a known place that we know can draw a large crowd. Anywhere other than the West Coast is fine by pretty much everyone here.

You might be right though, maybe having world's as a closed event with a dead/no crowd would be fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Starting to reconsider my Trump vote now that it's starting to seem as if he didn't include Halo when he said he was going to make America great again.

75258159.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's one of the things I noticed when he did a 2v2 with falcated. They lost a game, Falcated tried to give some constructive criticism and he got mad and seemed to shutoff and stopped calling for the rest of the series. They lost that one I believe.

I believe there's a whiteboard in a conference room at 343 and ESL that simply reads;

"How do we announce worlds is in Burbank without losing 100% of our fanbase?"

"HCS Scorpion REQ Packs!"

• Upvote (+1) 2

There would be a bigger crowd turnout. It would be a nice gesture to the extremely frustrated but insanely loyal fanbase.

Sure, it would definitely be optimal, there's no denying that.

But is it worth protesting over? ESL is based in California and they have a personal venue there for events. Whenever it makes sense, expect them to use that venue rather than renting out an external venue for a closed event just to get a better crowd turnout.

"100% of the fanbase will revolt if ESL holds Worlds at its perfectly capable venue in California rather than OGRE2's backyard" just seems a bit much.

• Upvote (+1) 3

kind of OT ... so I thought I'd relax and play some octagon, joined a 1v1 custom lobby ... hosted by Huke.  It was sort of halfway close until he got warmed up and then I went on a few death sprees.  This guy's no-scopes are ridiculous ... I had literally one good multi-kill, I think he had a trocity at one point

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lets be real.

Worlds is going to be in Burbank. ESL's relationship with 343 gives them priority, and ESL has a fully developed studio with everything in house already established. Why would they fund an event anywhere else?