CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i mean esl and a group of teams (nv included) are partnered in some fashion so timo doesn't but esl does lol

I didn't know that

Clearly this was a like to a sarcastic comment. Can I not have fun? 

Surely you know I love beyond, Im here every day! 

I want the Worlds info just as much as anyone, just trying to calm some fears surrounding the EU event. 

2013-09-24-gif4.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've never actually thought much into this, but is it not a MAJOR conflict of interest having two Halo affiliated staff members have a stake in one of the professional teams on the circuit? I.E Tom Taylor (HCS Staff) and Small (ESL League Ops Admin).

How would you react if Timo had a stake in Optic or Envy? I dont particularly care either which way...just a thought that crossed my mind after reading the letter from Str8. 

I won't speak on Tom's behalf (he will post here if he feels the need to address this), but Small hasn't had anything to do with Halo at ESL for awhile now. In fact, his position there doesn't have much at all to do with League Operations.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What if Bubus team got picked up by Echo Fox? Aren't they the new big org out there with a lot of money kinda like E6?

I won't speak on Tom's behalf (he will post here if he feels the need to address this), but Small hasn't had anything to do with Halo at ESL for a long time now. In fact, his position there doesn't have much at all to do with League Operations.

Its not really something I was trying to create a fuss over, I just had the thought and mentioned it. I dont particularly care, it just struck me as..."off" from an ethics standpoint. Congratulations on the new position with Millennial by the way. I was at the arena yesterday for a venue walk through for a seperate event and met the staff and team, good people :)

@@Moses_FPS Correct me if I'm wrong, but WESA is more of a union organization, which ESL is involved with (As their League for CS is the predominant focus). This is not something where ESL has a stake in those teams as T2 would have Str8 like you mentioned, but more of an arbitrary relationship in terms of strengthening the relationships between the League and the teams/players, no? 

EDIT: ESL has only two representatives involved on the board, among other teams and organizations staff and executives. Saying they have a stake in other teams because they're on the board is the equivalent of saying Ninjas in Pajamas has a stake in FNATIC because they have a representative on the board. 

EDIT 2: "The player-elected Council will advocate on behalf of the pro gamers in relation to league policies, rulesets, player transfers and more, empowering players when it comes to decision-making in regards to tournaments operated under WESA regulations." Source: http://www.wesa.gg/structure/

Not sure how this relates back to what I said about ESL having stake in teams, as this is just an arbitrary council for the players, with involvement by ESL staff on the board...which is a requirement considering the issues discussed and solved by this council directly relate to ESL. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that Cyren checked who favorited that is weird....

To make things weirder, I use it too.

Its not really something I was trying to create a fuss over, I just had the thought and mentioned it. I dont particularly care, it just struck me as..."off" from an ethics standpoint. Congratulations on the new position with Millennial by the way. I was at the arena yesterday for a venue walk through for a seperate event and met the staff and team, good people :)

No worries. I didn't take it that way, just figured I'd clear it up for anyone else who was wondering.

Thanks, I'm excited to be able to work on more Halo content for Millennial/HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No worries. I didn't take it that way, just figured I'd clear it up for anyone else who was wondering.

Thanks, I'm excited to be able to work on more Halo content for Millennial/HCS.

They've got a pretty fierce tech spread. You moving local, or...for that matter...already local?

It was so obvious why Onset liked the tweet? I mean it is not like you can't make jokes about Beyond or other stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Moses_FPS Correct me if I'm wrong, but WESA is more of a union organization, which ESL is involved with (As their League for CS is the predominant focus). This is not something where ESL has a stake in those teams as T2 would have Str8 like you mentioned, but more of an arbitrary relationship in terms of strengthening the relationships between the League and the teams/players, no? 

EDIT: ESL has only two representatives involved on the board, among other teams and organizations staff and executives. Saying they're involved so they have a stake in other teams is like saying FNATIC has a rep on the board, so they have a stake in the other teams too.

correct, they don't have a literal stake (ownership) in the teams but it's a comparable situation, it's in ESL's best interest to see the wesa teams succeed 

• Upvote (+1) 1

correct, they don't have a literal stake (ownership) in the teams but it's a comparable situation, it's in ESL's best interest to see the wesa teams succeed 

Sure, but it would be in ESL's best interest for virtually any team in their League to succeed. For the sake of discussion however, T2 would have added interest for Str8 to succeed over every other team, creating the conflict of interest.

Again, this isnt something that keeps me up at night, and I genuinely dont care. We have WAY bigger fish to fry when it comes to Halo, the Pro League, and the management of Halo as an Esport, it just seems...off to me.

Sure, but it would be in ESL's best interest for virtually any team in their League to succeed. For the sake of discussion however, T2 would have added interest for Str8 to succeed over every other team, creating the conflict of interest.

Again, this isnt something that keeps me up at night, and I genuinely dont care. We have WAY bigger fish to fry when it comes to Halo, the Pro League, and the management of Halo as an Esport, it just seems...off to me.

indeed, but if they organized a larger open tournament ran by ESL including the wesa teams there would be a COI, i do see what you mean tho

same, i don't think t2 or esl is doing anything nefarious, i'm glad they took the initiative to bring back a classic brand 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They've got a pretty fierce tech spread. You moving local, or...for that matter...already local?

In the process of planning all of that now. Will probably end up at a spot near by just to get settled, then look for a house a little bit further from the strip.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My neighbor got a flat tire, doesn't mean he want to hear why my basement is flooded.

Basically no league is perfect obviously, but if you think the misfortunes of another community / league is a comfort for us then you're mistaken. MLG having issues doesn't make the Panda decision easier to swallow, make UGC seem better now, or me wondering where World is any easier. Each operations has their faults, we can only hope they are improved on for the communities involved.

Everyday I log on I see some HCS/ESL shitpost but the one time I decide to troll MLG I get called out?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Everyday I log on I see some HCS/ESL shitpost but the one time I decide to troll MLG I get called out?

But you have shitpost non-stop for the last few months, sadly I only posted a portion of your anti-MLG posts.

All I'm saying is, no crap people are complaining about the HCS / ESL in a thread that is ran by those companies. Who else would we complain about? Let's not act like everything is sunshine and rainbows right now with competitive Halo, a lot can be improved and I hope it is - along with a lot of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

indeed, but if they organized a larger open tournament ran by ESL including the wesa teams there would be a COI, i do see what you mean tho

same, i don't think t2 or esl is doing anything nefarious, i'm glad they took the initiative to bring back a classic brand 

Great point. 

xlolee5wzgay.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1