CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Excuse me but,

What in the actual flying fuck are you talking about?

It's the ONLY problem I have with his casting. He is in my top three casters but it's true in my opinion. Sorry.

I feel bad now.

I'm exclusively on mobile and can't multi quote so I'll answer the one about the "blah blah's" here also:

I understand he's the BEST representative of any company involved with halo and realise why he's so loved here (myself included).

I don't really need to explain as @simms replied like the gentleman he is and showed me to to be the lesser man but I will.

I didn't mean "blah blah blah" as nastily as it sounds but I didn't want to scroll that far back to find his exact words so I foolishly used that term instead of another.

However, I did find his response to the whole bubu/cratos shitstorm to be disappointing. Maybe this was because I had some naive notion that he would swoop in and save the day and not be curtailed by his professional duties. like I said, naive.

I did state and I do understand that he couldn't say how he really felt or do anything about it.

I may be wrong but I think Simms would not want a "free ride" here and I was honest (even if I do regret posting before my smoke and coffee)

Sorry for any offence.

Spartans !! ...
Everything has changed in the HWC 2017 for LATAM ...

Sorry my bad english.

I didn't see anything about how many teams will qualify for the LAN in Mexico. Anyone have this information?

I didn't see anything about how many teams will qualify for the LAN in Mexico. Anyone have this information?

the top team from each LATAM region

Sub-region qualifiers:

• Mexico
• Brazil and Latin America North (Colombia)
• Latin America South

The teams with the most points from each of the 3 sub-region qualifiers will have travel and lodging covered for the LATAM HaloWC Qualifier in Mexico City.

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/community/hcs/handbook/2017-halo-world-championship-handbook-v1-2f6f0ab94dc14513a7995dc08b806dac.pdf

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you. It's very difficult to interpretate some rules in another language, I don't know why they didn't have someone translate to portuguese and spanish. The teams here in Brazil are all confused if the rule says that ONE team of each sub-region or the "The teams with the most points" could mean more than one team per sub-region. I will pass this information to everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you. It's very difficult to interpretate some rules in another language, I don't know why they didn't have someone translate to portuguese and spanish. The teams here in Brazil are all confused if the rule says that ONE team of each sub-region or the "The teams with the most points" could mean more than one team per sub-region. I will pass this information to everyone.

HCS= hilariously confusing shit

It wouldn't be fair if LATAM got to understand what the hell is going on, but everyone else has to guess

• Upvote (+1) 3

2rmvy1h.jpg

Beyond plays Pokemon.

Hey at least we know when and where Summer and Fall finals are AFTER worlds  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone asked me to post the letter a while back so here you go. Sorry I'd like to keep the code.

bJPtFlhl.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

Someone asked me to post the letter a while back so here you go. Sorry I'd like to keep the code.

Joke's on you, I printed out that image as a picture and held it up to the light and now I know the code!

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

With regards to Thorin vs Gandhi from a few days ago:

I don't personally think Gandhi's videos would've been taken seriously if he hadn't been a former pro Player -- he had the pre-existing fanbase and transitioned into a non-player role after his playing career came to a close.

Thorin, however, was a casual player who came into his desk+video personality work after years upon years of journalism in the scene.  He put in a lot of effort to be taken seriously, and continues to put in the research+time necessary to remain one of the best analysts in the CS scene.

The similarities lie in that they're both kind of assholes (read: blunt and unfiltered) in their videos...but Thorin comes across to me as having put a lot more effort and research into his opinions when he makes them (in both LoL and CS), whereas Gandhi's opinions in videos came across more as a "this is how I feel from having been a player in the past" -- neither are more or less valid, but they carry a different connotation when you hear their opinions.  (That said, a lot of Thorin's LoL-related comments come from his feeling after being a CS journalist/analyst for so long, seeing trends from LoL repeat themselves from the vastly different game of CS/CSGO)

Both are great at what they do and this isn't meant to read as a negative toward either (not even the part where I called them assholes), just observation+opinion.

Point I was making is that they both position themselves as console/PC esport historians. It wasn't a deep insight. My apologies. 

bJPtFlhl.jpg

lol that's hilarious.

Hey guys sorry we screwed up the orders, but here's 20% off come buy more stuff! :walshy:

edit: I wanna be clear, I'm not hating on them here, they didn't really have to hand out anything, I just found it comical.

i'm sorry no one thought to translate the HWC rules into your native languages 

that sucks  :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've never actually thought much into this, but is it not a MAJOR conflict of interest having two Halo affiliated staff members have a stake in one of the professional teams on the circuit? I.E Tom Taylor (HCS Staff) and Small (ESL League Ops Admin).

How would you react if Timo had a stake in Optic or Envy? I dont particularly care either which way...just a thought that crossed my mind after reading the letter from Str8. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How would you react if Timo had a stake in Optic or Envy? I dont particularly care either which way...just a thought that crossed my mind after reading the letter from Str8. 

i mean esl and a group of teams (nv included) are partnered in some fashion so timo doesn't but esl does lol

I've never actually thought much into this, but is it not a MAJOR conflict of interest having two Halo affiliated staff members have a stake in one of the professional teams on the circuit? I.E Tom Taylor (HCS Staff) and Small (ESL League Ops Admin).

The same way I react knowing the NBA owns the New Orleans Pelicans; I don't care. It's insignificant.

• Upvote (+1) 4