CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I feel bad for anyone that looks up to me.

I look up at you like I look up to spiders on my wall.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hate on MCC all you want for it's lobby issues, but the system it uses for LAN is really the best of both worlds when operational. The problem with H5 is honestly the Xbox one is too weak. I don't think it can handle being both a host and client in a physics heavy game like H5. Maybe being a host will be a perk of getting a Scorpio when it's released, either with H3A this fall, or H6 next year.

Edit: Being able to "handle" a P2P host system is built on the idea of maintaining 60fps, but honestly what should be done at this point is allow an observer xbox to act as the host, while sacrificing its own graphical performance to handle host responsibilities. Most streams that use Observer xboxes, like Pro league and even tournaments on LAN, are locked at 720p for viewers. Doing so on host would allow TO's to plan their own lans.

If they had a system in place where an Xbox could act exclusively as a host, I'd say the Xbox one would be more than powerful enough.

Given that Gears uses LAN (yes I know it has much less overhead than H5), I'd say the lack of any sort of LAN support for H5 boils down to a lack of motivation from 343. They don't realize how important it is for this franchise.

The "home" of Competitive Halo everyone.... :wutface:

iKNSwTl.png

Hey man, at least they are trying. They've come a long way from the days of "the competitive scene ruined Halo 5"

• Upvote (+1) 6

If they had a system in place where an Xbox could act exclusively as a host, I'd say the Xbox one would be more than powerful enough.

Given that Gears uses LAN (yes I know it has much less overhead than H5), I'd say the lack of any sort of LAN support for H5 boils down to a lack of motivation from 343. They don't realize how important it is for this franchise.

I think the lack of LAN and splitscreen is due to problems with the development of Halo 5 and they just didn't have enough time and money to implement all those features.

Hey man, at least they are trying. They've come a long way from the days of "the competitive scene ruined Halo 5"

Different subreddit lol. You're probably referring to /r/Halo but that was posted on /r/CompetitiveHalo which makes it even funnier.

The "home" of Competitive Halo everyone.... :wutface:

iKNSwTl.png

Meh. People make just as shitty posts here all the time.

Not saying reddit is the home for competitive Halo, but they could just as easily take an old post from Cooper and say how dumb we are

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the lack of LAN and splitscreen is due to problems with the development of Halo 5 and they just didn't have enough time and money to implement all those features.

I honestly doubt the Xbox one is capable of serving has host AND running the game at 60fps for whoever is hosting. It works on games like Gears because of the lower overhead.

But if you could have one Xbox act as a host, with no Player, it should work easily. But they likely decided early on to go dedicated server only and didn't even consider LAN support at all.

Splitscreen I think came down to poor prioritization. They went full speed at a 60fps frame buffer in a manner that didn't allow for compromises. Basically they bit off more than they could chew.

Different subreddit lol. You're probably referring to /r/Halo but that was posted on /r/CompetitiveHalo which makes it even funnier.

I was. I didn't even know there was a competitiveHalo Reddit. Lol. Wouldn't it just be made up of Team Beyond lurkers?

Even though I enjoy the pros uploading more content to YouTube, I feel like the 1+ hours of scrims that they sometimes upload won't attract new viewers. I feel this is done best by shorter videos like tips or analysis of gameplay or one really close/intense game, but I do understand that editing takes time and they might not be good at it

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would also be cool to see players or coaches interact with the community about their content instead of just doing drive-by posts of their videos :simms:

This annoys me about @@Towey but I guess in the end it doesn't matter.

Surprised he hasn't gotten banned on reddit yet though, iirc the site as a whole has a 1:10 post ratio of self promotion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It would also be cool to see players or coaches interact with the community about their content instead of just doing drive-by posts of their videos :simms:

It's called the comment section
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 27

it's honestly a little surprising that this is one of the first comments I've seen about this. What I liked about @@Prototype and @@RyaNoob's s videos was that (on top of being genuinely helpful) they were in the comments asking what people wanted to see in upcoming videos and such. I've been hearing their names for years, but that kind of interaction is what converts someone into an actual fan.

If we had a properly successful game I don't think we would need to worry so much about drumming up attention and interest like that, but in the situation Halo is in, fan interaction like that is dang near crucial.

and *cough* knowing the details for worlds seriously lmao wtf *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's called the comment section

I don't think you understood what I meant.

it's honestly a little surprising that this is one of the first comments I've seen about this. What I liked about @@Prototype's videos was that (on top of being genuinely helpful) he was in the comments asking what people wanted to see in upcoming videos and such. I've been hearing his name for years, but that kind of interaction is what converts someone into an actual fan.

If we had a properly successful game I don't think we would need to worry so much about drumming up attention and interest like that, but in the situation Halo is in, fan interaction like that is dang near crucial.

That's what I like about @@Prototype @@RyaNoob @@Naded etc. They actually put some effort in about their videos with the community and talked about their content. I don't mean to call some out, but this has been an on-going issue.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Hey guys I've been out a few days, any team changes?

Tripppey left LG. Not really sure where he's at, last we heard was Allegiance.

Dan dropped from Allegiance, now with Steals-Your-Seed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did that while I was posting my low quality content.

I am a benevolent forum god.

• Downvote (-1) 3