CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm guessing the problem is just that esports isn't a huge priority for 343 and they're just not devoting enough management / resources to getting everything 100% right.  It's a corporate culture just like any other, I've seen this happen at my own company ... the workers in a division might mean well but if the executive team isn't focused on it then things move very slowly

• Upvote (+1) 5

I consider these messages to be private correspondence and will no longer contact you due to a breach in this implicit contract between writer and reader.

You should make that clear in the message then.

• Downvote (-1) 1

"Ooh I have a private message. Wonder what this could b...."

HKuwlkoh.jpg

Oh

When Navg123 is PMing people and you dont get one...  :)  :stern: Beyond%20Sad.png:huh:   :tear:  :stressed:  :poop:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thought about hosting a Beyond LAN event, I think about it all the time, probably every day at some point. 

I always come back around to the realization that you cant host an event without an onsite dedicated server. Well I mean you can, but you risk the whole event going sideways. I was at Gamers for Giving when their Halo event flopped because players couldnt join lobbies due to an issue with Halo 5.

LAN removal from these consoles are just a killer.

Most days I think about the things i'd do if I won the lottery and one of the main ones would be to donate Beyond a tasty sum to put up for tournaments prize pool, venue etc. and for Beyond fam staff as payment for the holy work theydo for Halo.

Maybe one day :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is a little OT, but if @@TheSimms is such a good ESL employee, then why have I never heard him condemn the bad ESL employees? Just a casual thought I had.

But I digest.

/intendedtobejoke

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is a little OT, but if @@TheSimms is such a good ESL employee, then why have I never heard him condemn the bad ESL employees? Just a casual thought I had.

But I digest.

/intendedtobejoke

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope it's in Dallas at the Anatole. And I hope there is tons and tons of free Dr. Peppers, Cherry Dr. Peppers, and Doritos. That would please me. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You also have 34 tabs open. What the fuck is your problem?

I'm just trying to find where Worlds is man. 34 tabs and no answers.

mp3jfTI.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was it because he was jumping... is this some H3 stuff where you have to have your feet on the ground to influence spawns?

The bubble spawn requires that you be in the bubble to block it. If you are on the street in front or the edge of the platform near the base, they can still spawn behind you.

In the bubble, but they spawned on the street to the bubble right behind him.

Happened to me two nights ago too.

Apparently 343 used the same carrier to ship the worlds location as str8 did for their jerseys. Expect it in 16-20 weeks

Apparently 343 used the same carrier to ship the worlds location as str8 did for their jerseys. Expect it in 16-20 weeks

16-20 weeks after it should have been announced (the day worlds was announced), or 16-20 weeks from now?

16-20 weeks after it should have been announced (the day worlds was announced), or 16-20 weeks from now?

yes

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think the one big change is that infused roster, Infused came 2nd at Fall finals and then kicked 2 players. Pretty excited to see them perform as a team on LAN.

Also don't count out Supremacy, French on Lan =  :fire:  Highly rated Cali as a player but Solar is stupidly good and is a sick addition, many call him just an online kid but at Gfinity I think they will surprise a lot of people. You're totally right tho, FAB is currently head and shoulders above the rest of the world bar NA Halo  :lxthul:

Surprises happen across esports. In Gears, there was a good stretch where no one could challenge OpTic on LAN. Recently they beat Team Envyus in two BO5 and then the unthinkable happened when they lost at Mexico City. They then traded one of their players (Lava) for someone else so we don't know what will happen next. 

I am actually excited to see what Gfinity brings to the table for Halo. In my opinion they are a foreign MLG and have run big LANs for other console esports. I believe they did prior HWC events as well? 

I think HWC will be a fun time and we might see an EU team make TO4. 

MIGHT