CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not trying to incite drama or a witch hunt here or anything, as words cannot properly describe how much I do not care about the operations behind Str8, but why are they doing giveaways for apparel that does not exist?

05ed5e72c38d806be488335af44c164e.png

Does this seem extremely odd to anyone else?

I dont know man. Just ship the damn things to the people who bought them already, sheesh.

https://twitter.com/Tsquared/status/826140306412171264

They may have launched the apparel for sale underestimating the demand

Is one item too much demand? Because it's been months and they haven't shipped a single thing yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not trying to incite drama or a witch hunt here or anything, as words cannot properly describe how much I do not care about the operations behind Str8, but why are they doing giveaways for apparel that does not exist? 

Does this seem extremely odd to anyone else?

I dont know man. Just ship the damn things to the people who bought them already, sheesh. 

My honest thoughts are that the general "they" behind Str8 Rippin didn't really understand or prepare for certain aspects of this. I'm thinking they weren't expecting demand to be where it was at for the hoodies. However, they should be transparent on exactly what is taking so long.... because a lot of people have paid for these things already.

Hell, even a "yeah we goofed a little" statement would assuage people's fears more than the same recycled "coming soon" posts. The only thing that is better than hype is tangible substance, and they're overlooking that in flavor of fluffy posts. 

Where'd that satire writer go? He could totally be writing about how a Halo ring was activated, destroying all traces of the HWC and Str8 hoodies.

My honest thoughts are that the general "they" behind Str8 Rippin didn't really understand or prepare for certain aspects of this. I'm thinking they weren't expecting demand to be where it was at for the hoodies. However, they should be transparent on exactly what is taking so long.... because a lot of people have paid for these things already.

Hell, even a "yeah we goofed a little" statement would assuage people's fears more than the same recycled "coming soon" posts. The only thing that is better than hype is tangible substance, and they're overlooking that in flavor of fluffy posts. 

i dunno. this tweet reminds me of the oculus disaster wher product hit shelves before preorders were fulfilled. also if a supplier can't meet a timeline or if there are too many preorders for one supplier, you get a second company to help meet the demand

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where'd that satire writer go? He could totally be writing about how a Halo ring was activated, destroying all traces of the HWC and Str8 hoodies.

Think he got hired by Str8 Rippin to write the hoodies are coming this week tweets.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Let's call it what it is: they needed some early funding and started selling the hoodies when production wasn't quite ready. People would have been happy to just donate if needed and not put it under the guise of hoodies. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's call it what it is: they needed some early funding and started selling the hoodies when production wasn't quite ready. People would have been happy to just donate if needed and not put it under the guise of hoodies.

Meh. If that was their solution for "early funding" they should rethink their strategy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is one item too much demand? Because it's been months and they haven't shipped a single thing yet.

it's still terrible service for how long people have waited, but it's possible they ordered a certain amount of sweatshirts to be made, and the orders far exceeded the first batch and they kept getting backed up.

Meh. If that was their solution for "early funding" they should rethink their strategy.

I'd rather it be that than gross incompetence lol. 

I'd rather it be that than gross incompetence lol. 

c7NJRa2.gif

You cant set me up with the memes like this  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

it's still terrible service for how long people have waited, but it's possible they ordered a certain amount of sweatshirts to be made, and the orders far exceeded the first batch and they kept getting backed up.

Maybe, but they haven't shipped a single item. So that can't be it.

• Upvote (+1) 1