CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think it's probably been said, but if arena started out without radar, would people be asking for it to be turned on?

Also way off topic, but sometimes when i click a thread it brings me to where i left off and sometimes it takes me to page 1. Is there something i can do to always bring me back to where i left off?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it's probably been said, but if arena started out without radar, would people be asking for it to be turned on?

Also way off topic, but sometimes when i click a thread it brings me to where i left off and sometimes it takes me to page 1. Is there something i can do to always bring me back to where i left off?

No they wouldnt.  They might be asking for other changes, but i doubt if it started without radar that anybody would be asking for it to be turned on.

Click the little "Star" icon to the left of the thread name or click the "Go to first unread post" link on top right of the thread page if you open up the first page accidently

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's great to see @@Neighbor come in here and address some issues.

It's troubling and just plain weird that the pro team that 343 hired for competitive feedback had to fight tooth and nail from the sound of it for something as basic as descoping.

Even before 343, teams had to fight tooth and nail for 'basic' features. That's the nature of collaboration. That's WHY you hire a diversity of perspective.

For example, It would have been nice if Bungie had someone who would have fought harder for a decent utility weapon in H2,or against just about everything in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Excellent points. I was in support of ability-only radar before I read this, if we had to compromise, but it seems as though it would do much more harm than good.

Easy fix, make a sign that says "Radar Only Shows Spartan Abilities". Or make some type of training course that teaches the ins and outs of competitive settings.

Easy fix, make a sign that says "Radar Only Shows Spartan Abilities". Or make some type of training course that teaches the ins and outs of competitive settings.

Nah, that would take too much effort.  :kappa:

So is the game enjoyable now? Like can i come back and actually have fun playing? Did the update work or what someone fill me in please :D

Even just something like they have in CS:GO, succinct and to the point. In the playlist description, it could simply list bullet points about what makes the play different and be right up front about it.

Might be a little more difficult given that you're changing something that has remained the same since 2001.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont understand how quinn makes radar seems to be a resource priority issue.

Any of us would and could easily do it for free. Ill even write them a patchnote devblog that I pressed the disable button -_-

• Downvote (-1) 1

snip

If the pros are having to fight for the absolute basics, that's a bit worrying. The fact that 343's vision (minus the pro team) is equal to a game without everything in that list, makes me feel like we're pushing back a wave with a paddle.

So far these are the teams that are currently playing together with their predicted orgs:

[...]

E6 - Stellur Contra Shooter Bubu Dubu

[...]

This team would be dope. I might have missed a beat, are there any replays of them playing together?

new user btw still getting used to the aim update what would you guys recommend? from the UK too so yes i'm a EU h3/reach kid which will always fall short :(

Welcome! I personally play 4-2. NA > EU, as always  :kappa:

Credit for the Zuko pic tho, Avatar was one of my favorite shows

No. He can't hardly give his full opinion without being destroyed by one side of the community or his employers what do you expect? And what if he wants radar for some reason? He'd be eviscerated in here. Not to mention people keep hinting there's more to this going on behind the scenes. I doubt any one person outside of a few know what's fully going on here.

If i got a thought out answer over our normal silence, I think I'd be more willing to shut up and adapt. It's infuriating to me that 343 doesn't feel like bothering to explain why they changed a fundamental part of competitive halo even when their last game was no radar. It's like they think we can't grasp it. If I can see a thought out argument from them, even if I vocally disagree, I will be more willing to accept the change

Again this isn't to say I want radar. I want an explaination.

words

It sucks that you guys had to fight so hard for basic fundamental changes. Shows that 343 at the end of the day does not know how to make a proper Halo game. 

It's hard to be optimistic. We've constantly been told that, and have then continued to be ignored or 343 have continued to cater to only the casual community up until finals weekend where we got structure changes, but I believe that was from ESL, and 343 did not have a hand in that (correct me if I'm wrong.) Also, if this post has a negative connotation, it's not directed to the pro team, because the're apparently the only ones who have any idea what they're doing.

We've been optimistic, and basically been told to fuck off.

I'm done being optimistic. Show me results. Show me changes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Throwback Thursday. A better time, when radar was looked down on and noobs did not succeed in corners but COWERD!

So it is LAND then, right?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious as to why people are complaining about the amount of power weapons on maps, are we considering both tier 2 and 3 power weapons?  Is anything that's an upgrade to the base loadout a power weapon?

When I think of it most maps seem to have 2 pad weapons at most but I don't think that those weapons are necessarily overwhelming, I take more issue with tier 2 weapons because of how difficult they are to keep track of due to the way they spawn.

I still think its funny that 343 made the AR the primary weapon and a pistol the secondary. 

Played BR starts 8s the other night.

Horrible. Literally as bad as vanilla H2/3.

0/10

Just remove the AR as a starting weapon, leave the magnum as it is

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wish people would stop throwing the word "chaotic" around so loosely. Halo 2 Warlock CTF was chaotic. Being flanked by someone without you knowing exactly where they are just by looking at the corner of your screen isn't chaotic, it's a lack of awareness.

Keep in mind, when I say lack of awareness, I don't mean you're garbage or anything. It's just that, as many others have said, you've been using radar for an entire year and you're not used to actually thinking about what people are going to do and where people are going to go as much. Now, people are able to use the bottom of some maps to flank now for example. Instead of being spotted the second you try to cross bottom middle to flank behind a team (Regret for example), you're not immediately called out just for being in someone's vicinity above you. It actually requires your team to pay attention to spawns, where people are moving, etc.

It's exactly why maps like Construct in Halo 3 needed no radar. You literally could not get to the top of the map because of it. But because of no radar, you can actually move unexpectedly under someone. Doesn't necessarily have to deal with just people hiding around corners (although people hiding around corners crouching is another huge detriment to radar at high level).

• Upvote (+1) 8

VldU6UV.png

It's gonna take time for players to start thinking more critically again instead of using the radar as a crutch.

Wow that top picture is literal chaos  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2