CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In regards to people who have been saying panda are terrible...

I think teams will be giving them some respect. They have a solid line up now of danoxide, naded, cratos, str8 sick.

Hope teams dont take them lightly.

They now have pros fron last season on their team. So probably almost 'deserve' a pro spot. If there was a points system from last pro league they would definately now have more points then Inc.

To be clear im a massive Inc fan and despise what they did to get their spot. But i think this highlights the real problem is the system and the way it was easily exploited.

No, respect from me. Cratos cheated and ESL went along with it. I hope they are knocked out ASAP. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Feel the need to just clear up some things as people seemed to be getting confused as to what TOs are responsible for what events etc:

ESL - Pro League and Pro League Finals

UGC - HWC Qualifier - St Louis

Millenial - HWC NA Online Cups & HWC Las Vegas Event

Gfinity - HWC Latam & EU Online Qualifiers & HWC London Event / HWC Mexico City Event

343 have an involvement with all of these obviously. I see comments being directed at the wrong people / TOs alot so hopefully this explains it a bit better to all.

I think a lot of the latest frustration is 1) interpretation/application of the rules when cratos stole the pro seed despite there being an integrity clause and 2) design of the team points system and seeding of lans.

Both of those are the responsibility of ESL if im not mistaken?

• Upvote (+1) 2

[2] Trade: Shekkles: WTB [Tickets to Navg123's Convention Centre Brothel] 500 PST.

[2] Trade: Rumpojec: Did someone say [Columbus, Blessed Location of HCS Worlds]?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Wait... who is AGODRinger? I just assumed it was trippey on an alt account.

AGODRing·er1
ˈriNGər/
noun

informal
an athlete or horse fraudulently substituted for another in a competition or event.

2. formal

the return of 2gre?

• Upvote (+1) 1

AGODRing·er1
ˈriNGər/
noun

informal
an athlete or horse fraudulently substituted for another in a competition or event.

2. formal

the return of 2gre?

While thought of 2gre's return is awesome, I think you have to look at this more straight forward...it's obviously the return of CallMeGod from Halo3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While thought of 2gre's return is awesome, I think you have to look at this more straight forward...it's obviously the return of CallMeGod from Halo3.

The return of SK ??

Global HWC news:

the EU london lan is in 2 weeks and there aren't any details about it yet (imagine that)

incept won the 2nd anz halowc qualifier cup, they also won the first [roster: adz, pip, wiggins, junior]

https://twitter.com/Dr_CxLii/status/826069195175636993

there is an issue with the supremacy halo team and the distribution of prize money, cali is saying solar won't give sica his share of the prize money because solar 'needs' it 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Envy's last three scrim scores:

nV 13:0 EG

nV 12:1 LIQ

nV   4:1 LIQ

It looks like their "talk it out" strategy has been paying off so far. I hope they show out at the next LAN

• Upvote (+1) 9

Global HWC news:

the EU london lan is in 2 weeks and there aren't any details about it yet (imagine that)

incept won the 2nd anz halowc qualifier cup, they also won the first [roster: adz, pip, wiggins, junior]

https://twitter.com/Dr_CxLii/status/826069195175636993

there is an issue with the supremacy halo team and the distribution of prize money, cali is saying solar won't give sica his share of the prize money because solar 'needs' it 

I've always wondered how does money get paid out to the teams? Do they each individually get paid or is it given to the team in lump sum then distributed?

AGODRing·er1
ˈriNGər/
noun

informal

2. formal

the return of 2gre?

not this again...

• Upvote (+1) 8

For those wondering, the translation is:

"I'm ready to tell you a little story that will show what kind of big slut Supremacy has on their Halo roster"

I spat my drink out at big slut.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always wondered how does money get paid out to the teams? Do they each individually get paid or is it given to the team in lump sum then distributed?

not sure, i think the players get to choose either option

not sure, i think the players get to choose either option

You gonna start that 2017 HCS spreadsheet earnings ? I wanna track how much Cratos makes this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You gonna start that 2017 HCS spreadsheet earnings ? I wanna track how much Cratos makes this year.

way ahead of you boss man  :glasses:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So help me understand this situation. UGC used pro league as a basis of seeding, which I get, but ME is gifting 15,000 seeding points to teams that were in Pro League but not using the seeds from UGC for the sake of continuity?

Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm a bit out of the loop. Gracias.

So far, the seeds are determined by:

Pros: Arbitrary 16,000 Points + St. Louis Placings + Last Weekend Online Tourney Placing

Ams: Pre-St. Louis Seeding Tourney Placings + St. Louis Placings + Last Weekend Online Tourney Placing

UGC definitely affected seeds, because Liquid was the 1st seed, over nV in the online tourney this weekend while OpTic did not compete.  If OpTic had competed, Liquid would be 2nd, nV 3rd.  If nV continues to outplace Liquid in these online cups and Liquid misses out on a finals, I believe nV can pass Liquid to regain 2nd.  I am not positive on this as I haven't seen the point totals.

So I know the Worlds talk is probably getting really old but I just had a thought.

During the last online qualifier there was no April date on the HWC timeline making it seem Worlds would be in March.

So my thought is if Worlds is in March, the crowd will be pretty small because so many people are already paying to go out to Vegas which is in March as well. Not sure people could afford two events in one month.

But non related Worlds discussion, It's great to see nV doing so well In scrims recently. Not sure what was going with them personally at UGC but things seem to be better now.

I'm hoping for close games from everyone at Vegas :)

So far, the seeds are determined by:

Pros: Arbitrary 16,000 Points + St. Louis Placings + Last Weekend Online Tourney Placing

Ams: Pre-St. Louis Seeding Tourney Placings + St. Louis Placings + Last Weekend Online Tourney Placing

UGC definitely affected seeds, because Liquid was the 1st seed, over nV in the online tourney this weekend while OpTic did not compete.  If OpTic had competed, Liquid would be 2nd, nV 3rd.  If nV continues to outplace Liquid in these online cups and Liquid misses out on a finals, I believe nV can pass Liquid to regain 2nd.  I am not positive on this as I haven't seen the point totals.

optic and eg arent currently listed on millenials team standings page, im guessing since they didnt compete this weekend. still doesnt make since as they have seeding points

So I know the Worlds talk is probably getting really old but I just had a thought.

During the last online qualifier there was no April date on the HWC timeline making it seem Worlds would be in March.

So my thought is if Worlds is in March, the crowd will be pretty small because so many people are already paying to go out to Vegas which is in March as well. Not sure people could afford two events in one month.

But non related Worlds discussion, It's great to see nV doing so well In scrims recently. Not sure what was going with them personally at UGC but things seem to be better now.

I'm hoping for close games from everyone at Vegas :)

343 is working with Trump to make he issues an EO that all must attend worlds. 

Crowd will be fine. 

AcNA8yN.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1