CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hmm so like player points instead of team points.

Ultimately that would be nice, but i think they could have had a fair tournament season, with a team point system.

Just have a double elimination seeding tournament to start. Have pros in the champ bracket to start, then let placements decided seedings from that point forward, with top 8 in a tourney getting champ bracket in the next.

It doesnt have to be terribly complicated. It doesnt even have to be "perfect". It just has to be be fair.

This current system is overly complicated, with strange, nonsensical nuances thrown in for no obvious reason other than to give artificial importance to ESLs online league that is inherently less interesting than World's and already marred with integrity issues

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does that really matter though? Whichever of the 2 gets the 8th, the other will just get the 9th seed and they'll end up playing 1st round in Winners, and the winner will play Optic 2nd round.

Both teams will be in loser's early either way (unless a HUGE upset happens).

---

Basically INC/ALG are playing UGC and the Online Qualifiers for who wants red side more.

It matters because there were 4 undefeated teams make it out at STL but they didn't play until they determined a winner, so they had whatever tiebreaker they wanted determine seeds. Somehow Inc had the 11th seed instead of a higher one.

Honest question, would you guys be as upset if Inconceivable had the pro seed (and the 16k points) instead of Pnda? I feel like most people's complaint is that Pnda have not proven that they're better than ALG or Inc, and this point system means there's a chance we won't have the best teams in the championship bracket at Vegas. Not to mention the best 7 teams to represent NA at worlds.

I'd be just as annoyed. I'm a logical person. There is no logic to any of this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does that really matter though? Whichever of the 2 gets the 8th, the other will just get the 9th seed and they'll end up playing 1st round in Winners, and the winner will play Optic 2nd round.

Both teams will be in loser's early either way (unless a HUGE upset happens).

---

Basically INC/ALG are playing UGC and the Online Qualifiers for who wants red side more.

What are the chances that a team in the am bracket finals, or whatever the last am round is, throws the series in order to get the 10th seed instead of 9th?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty at the optic house right now according to scumps stream and lethul comes Friday. Hopefully the whole team is there at the same time

• Upvote (+1) 1

Frosty at the optic house right now according to scumps stream and lethul comes Friday. Hopefully the whole team is there at the same time

snakebite was asking about shipping a pc on twitter so i think he is going too

that just leaves royal 2

• Upvote (+1) 3

Right when I almost forgot....... great

An online pro league is fine and most games do it, but they dont have to deal with 343i's 15 year old servers and poor code implementation

Feel the need to just clear up some things as people seemed to be getting confused as to what TOs are responsible for what events etc:

ESL - Pro League and Pro League Finals

UGC - HWC Qualifier - St Louis

Millenial - HWC NA Online Cups & HWC Las Vegas Event

Gfinity - HWC Latam & EU Online Qualifiers & HWC London Event / HWC Mexico City Event

343 have an involvement with all of these obviously. I see comments being directed at the wrong people / TOs alot so hopefully this explains it a bit better to all.

But who is running World's

Its the way these tourneys are interconnected that is causing the uproar.

That's either 343 or the primary TO.

And esl is taking blame because the current issues are in line with their previous decisions and stances.

I'd love to direct my anger at the right party.

Edit: here have been posts about this on every forum that 343 reps are known to lurk. They know there is discontent. ESL obviously knows there is discontent. At any point they are free to set the record straight.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ESLIntegrity.png

This is a surprisingly apt representation of what happened.

What annoys me is that they can fix this at any moment, but there will be radio silence and PNDA will still be highly seeded because for some damn reason a pro seed relates to the separate HWC season. St. Louis made sense with that regard since there was no qualifying before it, but for Vegas it is just embarrassing. This is worse than anything in h2a by far and if worlds wasn't coming up and these events weren't worth a decent amount this would just be pointless. So much frustration, just change shit so it makes sense. You can't get in trouble ITS YOUR DAMN TOURNAMENTS.... FIX IT

We're looking into it. Expect new announcements soon and we're always looking to improve the future of Halo esports.

Good luck at Vegas, teams! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

We're looking into it. Expect new announcements soon and we're always looking to improve the future of Halo esports.

Good luck at Vegas, teams! 

I had to do a double take to see who posted this lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Little off topics but thought I'd share a little story.

So for the first time in forever I played MM with a team of 4, literally >95% of my games are solo. I actually forgot how fun H5 can be. Even the close games we lost to other teams of 4 were amazing. So I tell my gf, who doesn't play video games at all, how much fun the game is with a team. Her reply is if you're always playing alone why don't you just match other people who are by themselves too?

So basically my gf who's never played an online game in her life has a better idea of how to run MM then 343

:simms:

This would also fix the Warzone/WZ Warlords thing going on right now, and it would make it realistic to actually solo grind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I really enjoyed UGC (for the gameplay) but I'm a super excited for Gfinity London. I wanna see if FabE is still too EU dog. Also Batchford have a team yet?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1