CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't even know why anyone here cares. Didn't you hear? We are rebuilding. Everything can suck.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can anyone give a TL;DR on how ESL is dropping the ball the last week or so? I would very much appreciate it.

The seeding point system heavily favors pro teams because they were all given 16K just for being pro's.

The points up for grabs via STL/online cup placements are so small, that there is essentially a soft wall between Pro and AM participation in the tourney.

Especially disappointing given that we know top AMs can hang with the big boys AND have placed above Pnda on LAN and online.

We also learned that 343 is responsible for the bracket fuckery at UGC that gave a single elimination seeder and a 9th seed bye in winners bracket, both of which screwed/rewarded teams unnecisarily.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honest question, would you guys be as upset if Inconceivable had the pro seed (and the 16k points) instead of Pnda? I feel like most people's complaint is that Pnda have not proven that they're better than ALG or Inc, and this point system means there's a chance we won't have the best teams in the championship bracket at Vegas. Not to mention the best 7 teams to represent NA at worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honest question, would you guys be as upset if Inconceivable had the pro seed (and the 16k points) instead of Pnda? I feel like most people's complaint is that Pnda have not proven that they're better than ALG or Inc, and this point system means there's a chance we won't have the best teams in the championship bracket at Vegas. Not to mention the best 7 teams to represent NA at worlds.

They haven't proven that they're better than ALG/Inc.

But they've proven that they're worse. They lost to a (solid, in all fairness) AM team and got shit on by literally every pro team. They have no business calling themselves "pros" and certainly shouldn't be seeded above teams that are far better than them. And yet some of the teams who are better are going to get bracket fucked all because of ESL's negligence.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What annoys me is that they can fix this at any moment, but there will be radio silence and PNDA will still be highly seeded because for some damn reason a pro seed relates to the separate HWC season. St. Louis made sense with that regard since there was no qualifying before it, but for Vegas it is just embarrassing. This is worse than anything in h2a by far and if worlds wasn't coming up and these events weren't worth a decent amount this would just be pointless. So much frustration, just change shit so it makes sense. You can't get in trouble ITS YOUR DAMN TOURNAMENTS.... FIX IT

yep no excuses are valid for this one.

@@Tashi @@TheSimms @@Vivi @@Timo

• Upvote (+1) 1

They haven't proven that they're better than ALG/Inc.

But they've proven that they're worse. They lost to a (solid, in all fairness) AM team and got shit on by literally every pro team. They have no business calling themselves "pros" and certainly shouldn't be seeded above teams that are far better than them. And yet some of the teams who are better are going to get bracket fucked all because of ESL's negligence.

I agree completely. They're garbage and have proven nothing.

That's why I was asking if people would care so much if Inc had the pro seed and the points instead of Pnda. I feel like if they did people wouldn't care as much because ALG were going to have to play through AM regardless. 

He doesn't have to be standing in the production area to know mistakes were being made over the course of three days. Maybe take a note from Millenial and use Championship Monday to get some extra time to fix those problems.

Good point. Mondays will be the way of the future. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's why I was asking if people would care so much if Inc had the pro seed and the points instead of Pnda. I feel like if they did people wouldn't care as much because ALG were going to have to play through AM regardless. 

I just don't see any reason for the free points for the pro teams regardless. It makes no sense at all and doesn't lead to Vegas having the top teams playing in the Champ bracket. Give the pros a reason to actually compete for these few months. Make them earn their spot like every other team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did players from UGC get paid yet? I remember he said UGC (when he won with Truce) paid in a week and at the time he was still waiting for orange county money.

I think there is more involved this time so it may take a little longer not sure if 343 or UGC is handling that.

The 8th seed in champ bracket is up for grabs, it won't be a bye at Vegas. So either alg or inconceivable can be 8th seed in champ bracket

Good

What annoys me is that they can fix this at any moment, but there will be radio silence and PNDA will still be highly seeded because for some damn reason a pro seed relates to the separate HWC season. St. Louis made sense with that regard since there was no qualifying before it, but for Vegas it is just embarrassing. This is worse than anything in h2a by far and if worlds wasn't coming up and these events weren't worth a decent amount this would just be pointless. So much frustration, just change shit so it makes sense. You can't get in trouble ITS YOUR DAMN TOURNAMENTS.... FIX IT

I Love you <333333

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a point system rewards teams based on how they perform in HWC events, not on how they handled HCS pro league roster moves.

(Edit: And brackets that arent fucked from the start.)

The actual teams in contention arent the issue at hand really. The whole pnda alg inc thing is just a symptom of a larger illness.

I just want a point system rewards teams based on how they perform in HWC events, not on how they handled HCS pro league roster moves.

The actual teams in contention arent the issue at hand really.

Hmm so like player points instead of team points. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hypothetically, is it possible for either Inconceivable or Allegiance to not play in these online qualifiers, tanking their points down to 10th seed so they play Pnda in round of 16 instead of Inc/ALG? Or are these online qualifiers not significant enough in points? @@ssbChad

Edit: Also, the rule is clearly bullshit, but Pnda might improve significantly with Danoxide replacing Nemassist - have they scrimmed at all since the change? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or a point system that relates to the events you're playing in/for. Not relative to a damn ONLINE PRO LEAGUE SEASON that doesn't start until after HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hypothetically, is it possible for either Inconceivable or Allegiance to not play in these online qualifiers, tanking their points down to 10th seed so they play Pnda in round of 16 instead of Inc/ALG? Or are these online qualifiers not significant enough in points? @@ssbChad

Edit: Also, the rule is clearly bullshit, but Pnda might improve significantly with Danoxide replacing Nemassist - have they scrimmed at all since the change? 

that would be determined by the results of the open bracket at Vegas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People would still care for sure and cause a shitstorm about it, but probably wouldnt be as elevated about it. Without the whole Pnda thing, the seeding/points issue would be fuckery, but with the Pnda thing its Fuckery2.

• Upvote (+1) 4

thanks nav

Thanks for what?

And can you guys @ me whenever you mention me? If I ever start reading posts from 1 or more days ago and I realize that I was discussed but didn't see it I would probably back out of my garage without wearing a seat-belt.

• Upvote (+1) 8

that would be determined by the results of the open bracket at Vegas.

Ah, so one of the two AM teams that are really pro (Inc, ALG) would have to place first in Open Bracket, with the other placing 3rd. Assuming both those teams are better than Pnda, there's an incentive for one of them to tank for 3rd and let a weaker team get 2nd. 

I wouldn't even be mad if that happened, given how fucked these rules are. *know there are anti-tanking rules*

Edit: Unless open bracket isn't played out to completion, and seeds are based on win %, ala St Louis, in which case, who fucking knows what the seeds will be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the biggest thing is that bubu and shooter shouldve controlled the pro spot in stead of a player and manager

• Upvote (+1) 6