CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yep. And this is why you do not give byes in a champ bracket. I could go on for days about all this but ultimately we have no say which is why I will stick to running unsanctioned events.

Dang man, I hate to hear this. We really need passionate TOs to participate in this scene in an official capacity. But i fully understand and respect this decision.

I'd want to stay as far away from 343 and esl as possible if these are the kinds of mandates they are pushing.

Seriously, there has to be a math wiz sitting in one of their offices saying "these brackets are statistically fucked, but can be fixed EASILY"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep. And this is why you do not give byes in a champ bracket. I could go on for days about all this but ultimately we have no say which is why I will stick to running unsanctioned events. 

tbh your unsanctioned Halo event was so much better, much better downtime content etc.

I wish HCS would just have gave you money and devkits and professional staff. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did players from UGC get paid yet? I remember lethul said UGC (when he won with Truce) paid in a week and at the time he was still waiting for orange county money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eleague just finished. 1.25mil across 5/6 twitch channels and 1mil on the main English one alone. Great day for esports.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just when I thought this whole situation couldn't get worse... 16k seeding points to Pro Teams for doing nothing but being a Pro Team? lol Talk about looking out for the 1%. You might as well just run the Vegas tournament, LCQ, and call it a day. The rest of this is essentially pointless now.

I feel like someone (probably 343) didn't release this information on rules, points, etc on purpose to keep us in the dark because they knew it was bad and the community would rip them a new asshole over it.

Now I get to hear that the way the brackets and byes worked at UGC (and will work at Vegas) was a ruling from 343. Another thing that is a complete fucking joke.

HWC 2017 is EXPONENTIALLY worse then 2016 in every single aspect. What a fucking disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would tune in to Farmville eSports if the production value was as good as E-League. In my opinion Halo 5 is much more entertaining than CS:GO however HCS feels so amateurish compared to E-League. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't get how you're going to have events and qualifiers leading up to HWC but not have a location let alone a release date for HWC. That makes 0 sense. If this is for "hype" this is not how you do it. This is how you piss people off because they can't plan for it.

Pretty depressing to read these past few pages. 

These decisions are shocking. There is absolutely no reason to make such absurd choices. I understand Simms posts here, but it truly seems like the people who are running ESL don't know what they're doing. I don't mean that in a way to insult, it just literally seems like they don't know how these choices affect the tournaments and community. 

We can go on and on complaining about the disastrous choices made over the past month but it seems clear that ESL either does not care or lacks the ability to run Halo properly. 

I understand it's a business and I understand it isn't easy to run tournaments. But by any standard, ESL is failing. How many posts will TheSimms make saying "I understand, we hear you" until people realize we're just talking to a brick wall?

CSGO at 1 million concurrent viewers!

A lot to learn from, there were some mistakes but damn, esports keep getting bigger.

Whats gonna be done for Halo?

C3XLUccWIAAeJzg.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would tune in to Farmville eSports if the production value was as good as E-League. In my opinion Halo 5 is much more entertaining than CS:GO however HCS feels so amateurish compared to E-League.

Ms needs to put h6 on steam and participate in sales. 100℅ they will throw it on their shitty Windows store and kill the PC community. Also just make h5 f2p at this point. It has to have absymal sales by now.

• Downvote (-1) 2

What annoys me is that they can fix this at any moment, but there will be radio silence and PNDA will still be highly seeded because for some damn reason a pro seed relates to the separate HWC season. St. Louis made sense with that regard since there was no qualifying before it, but for Vegas it is just embarrassing. This is worse than anything in h2a by far and if worlds wasn't coming up and these events weren't worth a decent amount this would just be pointless. So much frustration, just change shit so it makes sense. You can't get in trouble ITS YOUR DAMN TOURNAMENTS.... FIX IT

"We're looking into it" :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

CSGO just hit 1 million viewers on Twitch for the ELEAGUE major.

That's not counting viewers on TBS (TV) and GOTV (in-game).

And OpTic didn't even make it out of groups.  :kappa:

Over 1.6 mil peak including GOTV. Close to 1.7 mil including youtube numbers and we will have to wait for TBS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What annoys me is that they can fix this at any moment, but there will be radio silence and PNDA will still be highly seeded because for some damn reason a pro seed relates to the separate HWC season. St. Louis made sense with that regard since there was no qualifying before it, but for Vegas it is just embarrassing. This is worse than anything in h2a by far and if worlds wasn't coming up and these events weren't worth a decent amount this would just be pointless. So much frustration, just change shit so it makes sense. You can't get in trouble ITS YOUR DAMN TOURNAMENTS.... FIX IT

:(

The 8th seed in champ bracket is up for grabs, it won't be a bye at Vegas. So either alg or inconceivable can be 8th seed in champ bracket

Does that really matter though? Whichever of the 2 gets the 8th, the other will just get the 9th seed and they'll end up playing 1st round in Winners, and the winner will play Optic 2nd round.

Both teams will be in loser's early either way (unless a HUGE upset happens).

---

Basically INC/ALG are playing UGC and the Online Qualifiers for who wants red side more.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does that really matter though? Whichever of the 2 gets the 8th, the other will just get the 9th seed and they'll end up playing 1st round in Winners, and the winner will play Optic 2nd round.

Both teams will be in loser's early either way (unless a HUGE upset happens).

---

Basically INC/ALG are playing UGC and the Online Qualifiers for who wants red side more.

Don't forget that Pnda will still be in the Champ bracket, seeded higher than INC/ALG (which have both placed top 8 at LAN events against the pro teams), and still not have beaten any teams that had a pro player on it from last season.

I was just saying how it's gonna work out for Vegas. But yeah it's lame... both teams will most likely play each other first round in champ bracket. I find it really lame how one of them will be back in open bracket even though they both finished top 8

• Upvote (+1) 9

Come on ESL/343 please just fix this shit up?!?!?!

As a casual player and viewer this is almost making me think I cant be bothered watching....almost.

But if Inc can knocked out early due to a bad bracket i can see myself just tuning out

Edit: Why were there any byes at all in the champ bracket? There were 7 pro teams..why not just bring in 9 AMs there should never be a bye in a champ bracket unless it is for the top 1 or 2 seeds.

How can randas team get.instant top 12 but OG and nV have the potential of finishing below them if something crazy happened

The 8th seed in champ bracket is up for grabs, it won't be a bye at Vegas. So either alg or inconceivable can be 8th seed in champ bracket

That is a better situation if true.

Still there are some dumb structural issues that should never happen. The top 8 teams in the game should be in thr champ bracket. But this would make things a bit more tolerable.

If only an official rep would release an official statement to clear the air...

Edit: ideally ALG and INC would get Champ bracket seats after STL. But now, even if ALG and INC have to go against each other too early in Winners Round 1, it will give the loser a better position in the losers bracket than following the vegas format would have.

Still not ideal. But a lil bit better than before.

Over 1.6 mil peak including GOTV. Close to 1.7 mil including youtube numbers and we will have to wait for TBS.

I THINK Youtube numbers are already accumulated into that but it is really really fucking impressive, especially considering the perception of the game / scene towards the end of the year. Absolutely amazing finals though, you couldn't really ask for much more from the game to push the viewer numbers other than maybe OT on the 3rd map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CSGO at 1 million concurrent viewers!

A lot to learn from, there were some mistakes but damn, esports keep getting bigger.

Whats gonna be done for Halo?

Halo first a foremost needs to succeed as a game before it can succeed as an eSport but once we accomplish that I think Microsoft needs to hire true professionals to run the broadcasts. I'd say hire someone from the world of professional sports with some understanding of eSports/Halo to lead the ship. I really think if Microsoft invested a lot of money into Halo eSports it would pay off as long as it's a good game being played because Halo is much easier to understand and has much more flashy highlights than CS:GO (or almost any eSport really). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can anyone give a TL;DR on how ESL is dropping the ball the last week or so? I would very much appreciate it.

This is the fault of the pros and community

-T2

• Upvote (+1) 9