CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ahh, the memories of that play at Regionals. The chant from the crowd plus this chat reaction, too good:

I unfortunately missed all of the HWC events for reasons I still cannot remember why. Damn that was a hype event. #RIPMLG 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd suggest if you have time to tune into the ELeague Major grand final. I think we can learn a lot from their productions.

Not in terms of the money they spend, just at a core level of handling downtime and intros etc.

This shit is so hype already...

Also Puckett!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd suggest if you have time to tune into the ELeague Major grand final. I think we can learn a lot from their productions.

Not in terms of the money they spend, just at a core level of handling downtime and intros etc.

Also Puckett!!

LETS_FUCKING_GOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also Puckett!!

It is very good. And if anyone saw overwatch over that past few weeks, they handled online and line incredible well with very few issues at all. Nothing fancy but very clean and crisp. Thats all i want for halo. Nothing fancy, just simple and clean with as few issues as possible

If anyone is watching the major, i wish halo did what they just did with neo. It was a beautiful piece from all differents povs from family to friends. Halo needs that in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone else think the point allocations for all these tournaments is absolutely ridiculous.

The pro teams were given 16 000 points at the start of qualifications and the amount of points teams are playing for basically means there is abaolutely no chance of catching them to get an easier run to qualify for worlds. Even if a team won every event they would not get 16000 points

I dont get it?

If a pro team sucks then why do they deserve to be given such an advantage....

The qualifiers are rigged! Sad! Pro team should have to earn their spots like everyone else (and most will, except Pnda). 

This is certainly not the case and it disappoints me to see how hard we have been put on blast for the past few pages. I'm more disappointed at overall community sentiment and the information situation to be honest but do totally understand and appreciate why and I want to get that fixed asap, after some solid feedback by @@welld0ne_st3ak last week on myself and other ESL staff members sometimes only posting 'partial' answers and not the accurate and full one's community needs to know I won't comment on the past few pages of issues until I've fully looked into it. I at least wanted to advise the issues have been acknowledged and ill be looking into this across today and tomorrow rather than stay radio silent on it.

Keep in mind, Richard, when we're upset with ESL, you're excluded. We love you  :simms:

I feel like for halo to become bigger as an esports, the player base must increase significantly. All these top esports have huge player bases. An easy way to increase population is in my eyes releasing halo on pc done well.

Obviously the production at events needs to be better but nothing fancy and online play needs to be improved.

The closest game I think we can get lots from is Overwatch as all the other top esports (as far as I'm aware) are either free to play or not full retail price. Overwatch is the only one that's the same price as halo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit this seed system is bad... jesus christ ESL/343 - what are you thinking? Now the bracket-fucking will continue with Pnda, a barely top 12 team having a top 8 seed, and Inconceivable/Allegiance getting fucked over AGAIN.

Never been on the hate-ESL bandwagon, but their decisions just keep getting worse.

Edit: Doesn't this mean that Inconceivable and Allegiance will have to play each other in round of 16? 8th seed vs 9th... meanwhile Pnda plays the 10th seed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eleagues production was amazing. But they did have a 40 minute downtime due to an issue. Shows me that not even a closed event run in the Fox theatre can be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like for halo to become bigger as an esports, the player base must increase significantly. All these top esports have huge player bases. An easy way to increase population is in my eyes releasing halo on pc done well.

Obviously the production at events needs to be better but nothing fancy and online play needs to be improved.

The closest game I think we can get lots from is Overwatch as all the other top esports (as far as I'm aware) are either free to play or not full retail price. Overwatch is the only one that's the same price as halo

The reason why cheaper games are all huge eSports is that people in poorer areas such as Eastern Europe can purchase the game. Thats why CS:GO is so big, because it is cheap and doesnt need an expensive console or gaming rig to run.

The Influence then spread to the US due to it being so big here in Europe.

"Moyceyy -"The Influence then spread to the US due to it being so big here in Europe"

So the fact that halo is on Xbox and is NA dominant actually hurts the hcs scene

Just learned about the points situation...

This can't be real. But since ESL/343 did nothing about the Cratos/Showtime situation or still have no bew ruling out regarding the manager's power I know nothing will change.

These rulings are some of the dumbest in Esports so far. No AM is able to outplace a proteam if the proteam just participates in both LANs and places top 8. Such nonsense

Eleagues production was amazing. But they did have a 40 minute downtime due to an issue. Shows me that not even a closed event run in the Fox theatre can be perfect.

Every TO will have an issue at some point. The question is: how frequent are the issues

True but i think everybody is accepting of an occasional 40 minute technical problem. Especially early in a weekend. Some of that stuff is unavoidable.

If no one from ESL posted we'd be instantly accused of not posting, that said I also don't want to look like I post just for the sake of it. If people do genuinely feel like me posting to just touch base and acknowledge issues is pointless and does more harm than good I'll happily refrain. I personally feel like saying something is better than nothing and just looking like we are simply ignoring issues, but again I can see the other side of the coin.

I'm sure we'd all rather hear something rather than nothing, but at some point the "soons" and the "we hear yous" need to be replaced by actual results.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Base Overwatch is $40 on PC but you are right about the price point. DOTA and LoL are free, CS is $15 and goes on sale during steam sales

• Upvote (+1) 1

The UGC Halo Wars 2 advertising is taking over the dashboard

e4ddbc1d055af803ab291e534f7c69f4.png

:lxthul:

Last night I had 2 Halo Wars 2 ads and a Royal Rumble ad.\

The virus is spreading 

True but i think everybody is accepting of an occasional 40 minute technical problem. Especially early in a weekend. Some of that stuff is unavoidable.

I also like knowing what's going on during technical issues and being updated fairly constantly. CSGO events handle this stuff so well considering it is fairly simple to do.

There have been fairly long downtimes in Halo where we've had to wait for someone at the event to post to Twitter to know what's happening and that can be a huge problem when there's viewers who don't use twitter/don't follow anyone that posts or retweets the updates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I realize this isn't the right thread but I'm looking for someone who plays a lot of H5 with an elite controller to help me confirm something.  I believe I have honestly found a work-around to the heavy-aiming feeling outright.  The work-around could help 343 understand the issue and find where to fix it.  No, this does not have anything to do with the custom aiming curves.  If someone on here who has a decent 343 presence in the twitter-sphere, and has an elite controller, could message me I'd love to get the word out.  I already tweeted @ a 343 arena dev but my fresh twitter account with 1 tweet may not get a response and hasn't so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1