CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

how does randas team have so many points and earthroot

How tf are you even still on a pro team is the better question. You got relegated and are the general consensus worst "pro" but because you're a professional scumbag you've snaked another spot.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The only reason I knew a tournament was on last night was because I randomly watch Shotzzys stream. I didnt see any mention of it all all.

How tf are you even still on a pro team is the better question. You got relegated and are the general consensus worst "pro" but because you're a professional scumbag you've snaked another spot.

E6 "won" relegation and came out with the 7th seed which is what cratos and showtime were able to hold onto with their fake roster

• Upvote (+1) 4

mfw when activision hire ESL and secretly sent activision staff to apply for 343 jobs so Halo could purposely be driven intot he ground by its owners :kappa:

He didn't get relegated. But yeah, he doesn't deserve the spot. Still his points won't stop other teams shit on him lol. Can't wait to see his "road to worlds" end at Vegas.

He didn't get relegated. But yeah, he doesn't deserve the spot. Still his points won't stop other teams shit on him lol. Can't wait to see his "road to worlds" end at Vegas.

Thing is, it won't end at Vegas. At this rate, even if Pnda is leaves Vegas with a 0-2 series record. They'll go into The LQC with a top 3 seed.

This format is biding them (and other pros) time that isnt aforded to the AM teams. So unfair it isnt funny.

Thing is, it won't end at Vegas. At this rate, even if Pnda is leaves Vegas with a 0-2 series record. They'll go into The LQC with a top 3 seed.

This format is biding them (and other pros) time that isnt aforded to the AM teams. So unfair it isnt funny.

so im not sure if this is true, but i thought it was top 6 placing at vegas plus the winner of the online tourney for the 7 teams. or is all based on points?

so im not sure if this is true, but i thought it was top 6 placing at vegas plus the winner of the online tourney for the 7 teams. or is all based on points?

Yes to six from vegas go to worlds.

Seventh seed is awarded at LQC, which is seeded by points.

So lets say top six at Vegas is 5 pro teams and one AM. The 2 remaining pro teams and the top remaining AM would get the top 3 seeds at the LQC.

I honestly believe they are not good enough to get trough lcq. It will be stacked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team # turnouts at major Halo 5 events

eSports Arena 2016: 19

UGC 2016: 33

HCS Las Vegas: 49

UGC 2017: 56

I wanna see 64-72 teams at Vegas

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean, how can they pretend that HWC is an open event, when they've rigged the entire system in the favor of preestablished pro teams- one of which was HANDPICKED by ESL to recieved that honor.

The entirety of Halos competitive tournament history has been weighted in some way towards pre-established pro team. I mean MLG's entire schtick was based around the aspiration to become 'pro' because of the benefits of not fighting through the open bracket etc. MLG events was always classed as 'open events', thus HWC is classed as an 'open event'. Obviously the HANDPICKED thing is dogshit based on an emotional response as well but it's w/e.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The entirety of Halos competitive tournament history has been weighted in some way towards pre-established pro team. I mean MLG's entire schtick was based around the aspiration to become 'pro' because of the benefits of not fighting through the open bracket etc. MLG events was always classed as 'open events', thus HWC is classed as an 'open event'. Obviously the HANDPICKED thing is dogshit based on an emotional response as well but it's w/e.

the thing with mlg though is that there was actually fluxuation at the 6-8 range. the point system wasn't near as stacked as it is right now. there has to be some benefit to being a pro team, but getting 16,000 points when winning all online cups will get you maybe half of that is absurd.

pulled rom a thread taking this from the old mlg forums (2008 going into dallas):

Current Standings

1. Str8 Rippin - Tsquared, Snip3down, Elamite, Legit = 16300

2. Triggers Down - SK, FearItself, Hysteria, Karma = 13300

3. Final Boss - OGRE1, OGRE2, NEIGHBOR, StrongSide = 14000

4. Instinct - Roy, Lunchbox, Walshy, Soviet = 13130

5. Team Classic - Mackeo, Ant, Soldier187, Victory = 12800

6. Carbon - Shockwav3, Gh057Ayame, Naded, Cpt. Anarchy = 9025

7. Ambush - Heinz, Nexus, iGotUrPistola, Cloud = 9415

8. AntiGravity - Severince, Tizoxic, Eli, Gun Shot = 8450

9. Breaking Point - Chig, PowWow, MudVayne, Ace = 6090

10. LeGendZ - Defy, Gandhi, BesT MaN, LegendPimps = 7375

11. Chilled Reality - Perplexity, CallMeGod, Frosty, Silent = 5835

12. Under The Influence - TalenT, TwYLighT, LiL SeB, ThuggishKilla = 4680

13. Time 2 Prove - Bradfox, TimeliestBrute, BatMayne, InTheClutch = 4445

14. XiT WoundZ - Luck, Samurai, Bonfire = ?

15. Renegade - Acid, Assault, Woooly, Goodwill = ?

16. Active Rush – IceVayne, j0rdizzle, Swisha, Obiii = 2816

Placings

1. Str8 Rippin = 4800 (16300)

2. Instinct = 4000 (13130)

3. Final Boss = 3600 (14000)

4. Classic = 3200 (12275)

5. Ambush = 2800 (9415)

6. Triggers Down = 2600 (14100)

7. Carbon = 2400 (9725)

8. AntiGravity = 2200 (8450)

9. Under The Influence = 1800 (4680)

10. LeGendZ = 1700 (6400)

11. Breaking Point = 1600 (6455)

12. Status Quo = 1500 (2660

13. End Result = 1300 (1450?)

14. XiT WoundZ = 1200 (3550)

15. Active Rush = 1100 (2816)

16. Time 2 Prove = 1000 (4445)

17. Last Effect (800)

18. Driven By Adrenaline (760)

19. Renegade (720)

that point system is fair in that the lower teams can still move up in the middle of the season while rewarding teams who do well. hwc gave pros 16,000 points when am teams could never hope to earn that much. for second place at ugc, liquid earned 3750 points. they earned 360 for second place yesterday. an am team could have won ugc and every online cup and then vegas (assuming points are the same) and still be miles behind

• Upvote (+1) 2

I swear everyone from 343 and ESL only know how to speak in platitudes and vagary's. They are masters of saying nothing at all with too many words. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is certainly not the case and it disappoints me to see how hard we have been put on blast for the past few pages. Im more disappointed at overall community sentiment and the information situation to be honest but do totally understand and appreciate why and I want to get that fixed asap, after some solid feedback by @@welld0ne_st3ak last week on myself and other ESL staff members sometimes only posting 'partial' answers and not the accurate and full ones community needs to know I wont comment on the past few pages of issues until ive fully looked into it. I at least wanted to advise the issues have been acknowledged and ill be looking into this across today and tommorow rather than stay radio silent on it.

I have no idea why you bother replying to such pointless posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I have no idea why you bother with such pointless posts.

to let us know that he hears us and will get us answers

If no one from ESL posted we'd be instantly accused of not posting, that said I also dont want to look like i post just for the sake of it. If people do genuinely feel like me posting to just touch base an ackowledge issues is pointless and does more harm than good ill happily refrain. I personally feel like saying something is better than nothing and looking like we are just ignoring it, but again can see the otherside of the coin.

Attempts to keep us in the loop is certainly better than radio silence.

It only gets bad when "soon" is all you hear.

These relevations just happened last night, so a few days before getting a meaty response is reasonable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Attempts to keep us in the loop is certainly better than radio silence.

It only gets bad when "soon" is all you here.

These relevations just happened last night, so a view days before getting a meaty response is reasonable.

Agreed, and it's the weekend and I'm in a UK timezone compared to my NA counterparts. I do genuinely pass all this on guys and even if I never come back with a direct response or answer we try to fix issues so they don't happen again and act on the feedback for the future or rectify now if and where possible.

Nothing is ever so simply black and white and I don't have all the answers especially when it comes to HWC, this is a global event with multiple TO's involved.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have no idea why you bother with such pointless posts.

because people say dumb shit like "esl wants to ruin halo on purpose lulz"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If no one from ESL posted we'd be instantly accused of not posting, that said I also dont want to look like i post just for the sake of it. If people do genuinely feel like me posting to just touch base an ackowledge issues is pointless and does more harm than good ill happily refrain. I personally feel like saying something is better than nothing and just looking like we are simply ignoring issues, but again I can see the otherside of the coin.

grammar error, fixed

Edit: to elaborate, it's natural for ESL to be subject to a bunch of meaningless flaming, because regardless if their mistakes are justifiable there will be a lot of people in the community who won't hold back abuse I know how much you love your job and the community.

But, I also read your posts and watch you in streams. You really don't enjoy the game. And yet you go above and beyond to tell us how hard your working and how big our future with ESL is, but quite literally the only one. The only ESL employee who seems to care at least.

I'm saying you shouldn't bother replying to posts like Crane's because not only is a complete waste of time - playing music to the deaf - but you deserve so much more and shouldn't stoop to the low level's of constantly trying to gratify a flippant forum. All we want is a well run esports scene, and somebody to publicly take responsibility for problems for once. That's not much to ask for, especially for a community that grew up on the best events of early esports.

• Downvote (-1) 1

because people say dumb shit like "esl wants to ruin halo on purpose lulz"

I didnt say lulz

And i dont think its on purpose that esl is doing a bad job. I think halo doesnt get a lot of forethought. Credit where credit is due with getting dreamhack twice. But everthing else is sloppy