CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do the online cups matter THAT much? Like if ALG and Inconceivable get bracket fucked in a couple of them are they really at risk to not make worlds over Pnda?

Ahh, the memories of that play at Regionals. The chant from the crowd plus this chat reaction, too good:

Regionals was only the second Halo event I ever attended, but I had the time of my life. That was so much fun and the crowd was hype all weekend.

The Huke noscope was sick too. 

God that Denial squad was so hype. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Do the online cups matter THAT much? Like if ALG and Inconceivable get bracket fucked in a couple of them are they really at risk to not make worlds over Pnda?

Well the way i see it is that alg and inc are pretty much fighting over 8th position which im assuming would mean they wouldnt have to play through the AM bracket.

You would have to ask either of those teams whether or not this is that much of an advantage but at the very least it eliminates the chance of a shock upset and also means they havnt played for 8+ hours before the tournament actually starts.

Im also not sure if being 8th is such a big advantage as far as the bracket goes. Like you would have to look at the bracket but 8th would probably match up against 1st seed in round 2 of the bracket

• Downvote (-1) 1

Trust me man we've questioned this horrible system many times. Bubu's team or ALG could have won St. Louis and they would still have to play in AM.

Its crazy man it is completely different to any league or tournament i have ever seen.

I just dont get who looked at this and said 'yup looks good lets roll with this'

they only effect the seeds for the las vegas lan and the LCQ

ALG and INC should breeze through the open bracket and reach the championship bracket no matter what their seed

the seeds only really matter for fringe top AM teams trying to make champ bracket, and apparently pro seeds might shuffle slightly based on the qualifier seed points 

it's a shit system and i hope the only reason we have this system is because che left before anyone could change anything for HWC17

Where do we find the allocations?

Make no sense that anyone would be given points before STL.

So pro teams were given a fuck ton of Points a AND ideal bracket positioning?

Hey mate, not sure where you find allocations but today before T2 and walshy streamed the qualifier they showed points after ST Louis.

T2 explained (also mentioned he wasnt in total agreeance with) that pro teams were given 16000 points before St Louis.

So Panda were currently in 7th with like 16200 pts or something and Inc were in 8th with the 900 points they got from st louis.

Today Inc and ALG got 200 points for finishing 3rd/4th and nV got 550.

Panda got 75....as you.can see there is literally no chnce of am teams catching the pro teama

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey mate, not sure where you find allocations but today before T2 and walshy streamed the qualifier they showed points after ST Louis.

T2 explained (also mentioned he wasnt in total agreeance with) that pro teams were given 16000 points before St Louis.

So Panda were currently in 7th with like 16200 pts or something and Inc were in 8th with the 900 points they got from st louis.

Today Inc and ALG got 200 points for finishing 3rd/4th and nV got 550.

Panda got 75....as you.can see there is literally no chnce of am teams catching the pro teama

https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournament_series/2

The standings are here and you can click on individual teams to see where they got their points

ESL is a fucking joke. Ive tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. But they are morons. Every decision they make, competitive integrity is thrown out the window. 343 and ESL are made for each other.

As a TO, why the fuck would it be desireable for worse teams to have better seeds?

I'd love to see a rep come in here and explain this bullshit. But after the Pro Seed bullshit, i doubt they'll eved try explaining anything ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournament_series/2

The standings are here and you can click on individual teams to see where they got their points

ESL is a fucking joke. Ive tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. But they are morons. Every decision they make, competitive integrity is thrown out the window. 343 and ESL are made for each other.

As a TO, why the fuck would it be desireable for worse teams to have better seeds?

I'd love to see a rep come in here and explain this bullshit. But after the Pro Seed bullshit, i doubt they'll eved try explaining anything ever again.

Its crazy man. Seriously dimishes the competition. If every team were playing for the chance of gaining or losing their pro place in the bracket i bet we would see all pro teams playing every qualifier.

There is no incentive. Panda know they will be 7th no matter what. This is just scrimming for them..

I think theoretically the pro teams deserve an advantage at the start of the qualifiers. Because technically they should be the best teams and we want to see the best teams play.

But an assured top 16 place at st louis should be all they need. Maybe a few bonus points as well. Surely there has to be some incentive for the AM teams to leap frog the pros if they place well online and at all 3 events

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for the spam..

But if we remove the 16k points the pros get..check this out after 2 events..

Inc - 1650

Alg - 835

LG - 675

Randa - 535

Earthroot - 390

PANDA - 375

STD - 350

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hey guys, I know times seem rough and none of this makes any sense. But just think about it this way: in just a short couple of weeks we have Millennial, who innovated and revolutionized the whole scene by bringing us Championship Monday, running the second most important tournament of the year! Get hyped!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Its crazy man. Seriously dimishes the competition. If every team were playing for the chance of gaining or losing their pro place in the bracket i bet we would see all pro teams playing every qualifier.

There is no incentive. Panda know they will be 7th no matter what. This is just scrimming for them..

There is money for getting top2 but still.

It makes no sense to give pros 16k points just because. After STL, the top8 teams should have remained the top8 seeds for Vegas. Alg and Inc going back to am bracket makes no sense. Hopefully they don't have to play each other there again

The way the system is set up, there is no reason for ams to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Decided to try and rank the hype and overall sickness of every major Halo 5 event in NA, regardless of prize pool

9. eSports Arena 2016

Nearly every aspect was depressing. Bad production quality, error ridden first 2 days. Very low turnout due to bad advertising, small prize pool and West Coast. 19 teams total. Viewership wasnt too bad considering the event though.

8. Summer Pro League Finals (worst event holy)

Very depressing event, even if it was for 125k total. Not the best production at the event, and everyone was going crazy at ESL at the time due to no transparency. Viewership wasnt the best given the magnitude of the event. Most games were unexciting.

7. Las Vegas 2016 

Oh jeez, what can I say about this one? CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY? Only in Halo. Decent turnout (44 teams or whatever) but the stream and schedule.... Millennial eSports is literally the best fitting name for this one. Games went on far too long, players and spectators exhausted. The only good aspect was the community turnout for a 25k.

6. UGC 2016 

This is where things look up. UGC provided us with an event WITHOUT 343's help, giving omnistreams for each mainstage team, which was, literally brilliant. The only thing which was a bummer about this event was the turnout, with 343's advertising and a big prize pool (say 100k) we could have sold out this event. They deserved more viewers.

5. UGC 2017 

So this was literally the reverse of the event they did the year before. HIGH turnout, BIGGER prize pool, BETTER (much better) viewership, but bad production. Really bad. Whether this was 343 intervening with the production team we dont know but its such a shame because the games in this event were fucking AMAZING.

4. HWC 2016 

Okay this is an odd one. HWC was an amazing event because of the mad prize pool and advertisement, but oh god, a SINGLE ELIM BRACKET? We didnt have the two best teams in the finals because of this. And also, what was with the tiny space for a crowd? Should have been like 4 times bigger. The viewership though was brilliant. If we get another OpTic vs. nV final this year we could be looking at least double last years viewership.

3. X-Games 

I have no words for the final of this event. It was amazing. Rivalry, tension, and rostermania, wow. Also, Halo on TV being broadcast to millions around the globe. Also, 42k on Twitch wasnt too bad either. Also MLG MLG MLG, what an amazing event.

2. Fall Pro League Finals 

A much improved finals compared to Summer. Better prodcution, big viewership (about 43k) even 14 months after release, and DAT FINAL. Game 14 eClassico (OpTIc vs nV was something else)

1. NA Regional Finals - Do I even need to explain this?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Sorry for the spam..

But if we remove the 16k points the pros get..check this out after 2 events..

Inc - 1650

Alg - 835

LG - 675

Randa - 535

Earthroot - 390

PANDA - 375

STD - 350

how does randas team have so many points and earthroot
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think theoretically the pro teams deserve an advantage at the start of the qualifiers. Because technically they should be the best teams and we want to see the best teams play.

But an assured top 16 place at st louis should be all they need. Maybe a few bonus points as well. Surely there has to be some incentive for the AM teams to leap frog the pros if they place well online and at all 3 events

Yeah

The Pro's had their advantage when they were given championship bracket seeding in St Louis. There's no need to give them preferential seating throughout the entire tournament, when they've already had an opportunity to prove themselves on LAN.

If i had to guess. Whichever pro team gets left out in Vegas will get top seed in the LQC.

What a fucking joke.

Ive seen high schoolers run better sporting tournaments than ESL can muster here.

• Upvote (+1) 3

how does randas team have so many points and earthroot

How does your team have so many points? That's the true mystery here.

Edit: not sorry for the double post

• Upvote (+1) 3

2000 points to earth root esportz

5000 points to whatever team crates is on

500 points to gryffindor

and while were at it 3500 points for my grandma

exciting worlds lineup we got

joemoses-thumb-200x200-103132.jpg

10 points from gryffindor for that sarcastic remark

Decided to try and rank the hype and overall sickness of every major Halo 5 event in NA, regardless of prize pool

9. eSports Arena 2016

Nearly every aspect was depressing. Bad production quality, error ridden first 2 days. Very low turnout due to bad advertising, small prize pool and West Coast. 19 teams total. Viewership wasnt too bad considering the event though.

8. Summer Pro League Finals (worst event holy)

Very depressing event, even if it was for 125k total. Not the best production at the event, and everyone was going crazy at ESL at the time due to no transparency. Viewership wasnt the best given the magnitude of the event. Most games were unexciting.

7. Las Vegas 2016

Oh jeez, what can I say about this one? CHAMPIONSHIP MONDAY? Only in Halo. Decent turnout (44 teams or whatever) but the stream and schedule.... Millennial eSports is literally the best fitting name for this one. Games went on far too long, players and spectators exhausted. The only good aspect was the community turnout for a 25k.

6. UGC 2016

This is where things look up. UGC provided us with an event WITHOUT 343's help, giving omnistreams for each mainstage team, which was, literally brilliant. The only thing which was a bummer about this event was the turnout, with 343's advertising and a big prize pool (say 100k) we could have sold out this event. They deserved more viewers.

5. UGC 2017

So this was literally the reverse of the event they did the year before. HIGH turnout, BIGGER prize pool, BETTER (much better) viewership, but bad production. Really bad. Whether this was 343 intervening with the production team we dont know but its such a shame because the games in this event were fucking AMAZING.

4. HWC 2016

Okay this is an odd one. HWC was an amazing event because of the mad prize pool and advertisement, but oh god, a SINGLE ELIM BRACKET? We didnt have the two best teams in the finals because of this. And also, what was with the tiny space for a crowd? Should have been like 4 times bigger. The viewership though was brilliant. If we get another OpTic vs. nV final this year we could be looking at least double last years viewership.

3. X-Games

I have no words for the final of this event. It was amazing. Rivalry, tension, and rostermania, wow. Also, Halo on TV being broadcast to millions around the globe. Also, 42k on Twitch wasnt too bad either. Also MLG MLG MLG, what an amazing event.

2. Fall Pro League Finals

A much improved finals compared to Summer. Better prodcution, big viewership (about 43k) even 14 months after release, and DAT FINAL. Game 14 eClassico (OpTIc vs nV was something else)

1. NA Regional Finals - Do I even need to explain this?

Would rate fall finals as the best event so far no doubt. Lets not act Na regionals was so flawless. Sound at blue side could have fucked placings. We will never know ofc.

Also Eu Esl/Gfinity events were VERY good. Would rate them above most Na events production wise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

esl seem to be trying to run halo into the ground

This is certainly not the case and it disappoints me to see how hard we have been put on blast for the past few pages. I'm more disappointed at overall community sentiment and the information situation to be honest but do totally understand and appreciate why and I want to get that fixed asap, after some solid feedback by @@welld0ne_st3ak last week on myself and other ESL staff members sometimes only posting 'partial' answers and not the accurate and full one's community needs to know I won't comment on the past few pages of issues until I've fully looked into it. I at least wanted to advise the issues have been acknowledged and ill be looking into this across today and tomorrow rather than stay radio silent on it.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1