Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

so NV won the first qualifier 4-1 over TL

i can't wait to see if/how much TL improves by the time HWC comes

Despite the series score, the games were very close

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, seen in Twitch chat today: "Yeah but CS is a good game unlike Halo 5"

This game has blatant hit registration issues, massive weapon imbalances, developers who try to work on bad maps but just seem to make them bad in a different way, and developers who seem to like selling new cosmetics rather than fixing any of the problems listed above.

Did I just describe Halo 5 or CSGO?

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it. :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/vod-118096707-offset-6290.mp4

So, you know, make sure to book your tickets right now to San Fransisco and book a hotel for late March through the whole month of April, and have a hybrid car so that you can drive anywhere here

western-region.png

because screw anywhere else.

#Intel

Why do they keep it as a surprise? Why can't they just announce it months away so people can actually book flights and hotels to attend the event.

In order to find an official bracket I have to go onto the Millennial website, click on the HWC link (clicking on "Tournaments" doesn't give me a list of tournaments, but a link to the HWC section), click on standings to find a team, select a listed team, and then check their tournament history. All that just to try and find an official bracket for the tournament. Halo.gg doesn't give any information what so ever and is pretty outdated in sections. And if at the end of the HWC season I wanna look up a particular online qualifier bracket but don't know which top placing teams participated in it I might have to sort through multiple teams' tournament records to find a link to that qualifier's bracket. And when you do get to the bracket it's not in a format that's reader friendly.

Is this some sort of cruel joke by 343? Given that it's actually even more difficult to find LAN Pro Circuit brackets for GoW I'm starting to wonder if maybe Microsoft just has a policy of keeping viewers and fans in the dark regarding brackets.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This game has blatant hit registration issues, massive weapon imbalances, developers who try to work on bad maps but just seem to make them bad in a different way, and developers who seem to like selling new cosmetics rather than fixing any of the problems listed above.

CS and H5 aren't anywhere near comparable. CS is light years ahead of this game.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

This game has blatant hit registration issues, massive weapon imbalances, developers who try to work on bad maps but just seem to make them bad in a different way, and developers who seem to like selling new cosmetics rather than fixing any of the problems listed above.

If Valve had treated CSGO the way 343 has treated H5, it would have no more than 30k regular players.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Playing on LAN after 2 months of Washington internet will be an interesting transition.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hope nobody thought I was implying they did. Clearly this is on 343 for not releasing the rules which should have happened before the UGC event.

ME should still have put information on their website about specific information for their event though.

Agreed.

So can I assume HWC will be at the end of March? On the graphic shown tonight April was not on the timeline. My wedding is April 15th, and my bachelor party April 8th. I just wanna know if I can go to worlds.  :stressed:

• Upvote (+1) 2

In order to find an official bracket I have to go onto the Millennial website, click on the HWC link (clicking on "Tournaments" doesn't give me a list of tournaments, but a link to the HWC section), click on standings to find a team, select a listed team, and then check their tournament history. All that just to try and find an official bracket for the tournament. Halo.gg doesn't give any information what so ever and is pretty outdated in sections. And if at the end of the HWC season I wanna look up a particular online qualifier bracket but don't know which top placing teams participated in it I might have to sort through multiple teams' tournament records to find a link to that qualifier's bracket. And when you do get to the bracket it's not in a format that's reader friendly.

Is this some sort of cruel joke by 343? Given that it's actually even more difficult to find LAN Pro Circuit brackets for GoW I'm starting to wonder if maybe Microsoft just has a policy of keeping viewers and fans in the dark regarding brackets.

I just went to Millenials Twitter and click a post to register and it takes you directly to the bracket. I could never figure out how to go through the main page.

Playing on LAN after 2 months of Washington internet will be an interesting transition.

Inb4 HWC 2017 Online finals.

Maybe that's why there hasn't been a location announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If Valve had treated CSGO the way 343 has treated H5, it would have no more than 30k regular players.

Dont assume population size/viewership = quality of development/quality of game. [Edit: If that were the case, The Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus would have the highest Twitch viewership]

CSGO is on PC, has low graphical requirements (like, really low), and is $5. Halo 5 is a full price game on the lower selling of two consoles.

I play CSGO all of the time, but that community has the exact same gripes that we do. Its not being treated any better. A frequent meme when Valve makes a "good" update every once in a while: "Is this what it feels like to be DOTA 2?"

• Upvote (+1) 2

So can I assume HWC will be at the end of March? On the graphic shown tonight April was not on the timeline. My wedding is April 15th, and my bachelor party April 8th. I just wanna know if I can go to worlds.  :stressed:

Congrats ahead of time!

(there's no way I'll remember later unless you post it here :/ lol)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dont assume population size/viewership = quality of development/quality of game. [Edit: If that were the case, The Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Colossus would have the highest Twitch viewership]

CSGO is on PC, has low graphical requirements (like, really low), and is $5. Halo 5 is a full price game on the lower selling of two consoles.

I play CSGO all of the time, but that community has the exact same gripes that we do. Its not being treated any better. A frequent meme when Valve makes a "good" update every once in a while: "Is this what it feels like to be DOTA 2?"

The extent to which 343 neglects their game mechanics can't be compared to Valve. Not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 3

did anyone see a higher peak than 2200?

tbh i wasn't really paying attention to the viewer count, i was kinda distracted Beyond%20Sunglasses.png

The extent to which 343 neglects their game mechanics can't be compared to Valve. Not even close.

I'd be interested to see how many people upvoting your posts and neg repping mine actually play CSGO, or your steam profile. Because the way you are talking about this makes me think you just feel neglected by 343 (agreed to some extent) and think no other communities have these issues, making 343 Satan, Lord of the Underworld and all Evil and Punishment

Congrats ahead of time!

(there's no way I'll remember later unless you post it here :/ lol)

Thanks! She's not into halo but she's still a keeper in my book (it'll be 6 years together Feb 3).  :)

• Upvote (+1) 3