CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm at work, would anyone mind giving an update on what's happened so far? And does anyone know if Liquid has played yet?

Does anyone know if Liquid has played yet?

Liquid is currently waiting in the quarter finals. They will play either Set to Destroy or EarthRoot Gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you explain to me how the point system works? Point distribution for LAN and Online?

I'm not looking hard, just scimming quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding information. You had UGC, ME, and ESL all involved in this (along with 343). UGC had little info on the tournament they just finished running beforehand (did ANYONE know what the seeding point awarded was going to be?). Seeing the same stuff on the ME site. Halo.gg has barely anything from what I can tell. and ESL info seems to be about the overseas tournaments being run.

Literally this is what I see on ME site.

SDXzVcA.png

ET3jrSv.png

343 has not released the handbook so no one knows what the rules are that is one of the reasons no info is being released. UGC has no affiliate with anything other then running the open event that was all.

Looks like Pnda and nV (assuming nV wins) in the quarter finals.

Ok this is a mildy OT post at this point but the 'polls' discussion that was happening a few pages ago tilted me super fucking hard

- the poll on /r/halo is unscientific as FUCK. as far as I'm aware it was just some dude posting on /r/halo and twitter and saying "hey dudes take this poll". Meaning anyone coulda taken that shit. It could have been brigaded by CoD fans. Who the fuck knows. It's not representative of /r/halo, let alone the active halo community, let alone the millions of people who have abandoned this franchise. Don't get tilted over the 50% of people who are ok with sprint -- they're almost definitely not representative of the entire halo community 

- ~450 people being sampled out of a population of 150k is actually decent if the poll is done correctly/scientifically. Obviously that wasn't the case with this one

- really random but someone brought it up: the polls for the US election last year were fine. People were misled to believe Clinton had a huge lead when the polls in the swing states the last few days were really close and/or showed lots of variability. But people looked at the national polls and saw a ~4% lead and thought that meant she had it in the bag, when the electoral college is what decides elections, not the popular vote. Hence Hillary still won the vote by 3% but lost the election anyway. Also the polls were more accurate to the final result this time around than they were in 2012 just saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

ALG are such an online warrior squad, and Str8 such a LAN beast. 

Even dumber that there are so many online qualifiers. Worlds should not depend on some stupid online gameplay

• Upvote (+1) 4

No, we 3-0'd them.

They got bracket fucked because we played them in Round 2.

Yeah, thats what I gathered after reading other tweets. I'm dumb.

ALG are such an online warrior squad, and Str8 such a LAN beast.

Even dumber that there are so many online qualifiers. Worlds should not depend on some stupid online gameplay

Mainly cuz APG is a LAN God

What do these teams in this online qualifier "qualify" for?

they earn HCS seeding points for Las Vegas and the LCQ

(pro teams can also earn hcs seeding points but apparently the points awarded won't influence the championship bracket seeds that much

Is there a bracket someplace? Sorry if I missed it someplace before.

https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournaments/2380

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 has not released the handbook so no one knows what the rules are that is one of the reasons no info is being released. UGC has no affiliate with anything other then running the open event that was all.

Hope nobody thought I was implying they did. Clearly this is on 343 for not releasing the rules which should have happened before the UGC event.

ME should still have put information on their website about specific information for their event though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who is the onus on though - who's trying to win the money? EG has all the benefits of having manager / support etc, yet for the biggest event of the year they weren't on top of checking what they were supposed to do. Unless anyone else comes out of the woodwork they're also the only pro team that didn't do it.

To be fair, They shouldn't have to research what to do. The information should be readily available in an easily digestible format. Why is so much information about worlds still shrouded in secrecy?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where are Optic? If they get the most points for winning the last event why don't Liquid get the second most for finishing 2cd? Why are they apart of this but Optic aren't?

Sorry for being an idiot

Where are Optic? If they get the most points for winning the last event why don't Liquid get the second most for finishing 2cd? Why are they apart of this but Optic aren't?

Sorry for being an idiot

They're only going to compete in on or two according to @@SnakeBite. Liquid is the only team that can catch them and to do so, Liquid would have to win every qualifier.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for being an idiot

Im guessing its because this a qualifier and they won the last lan which automatically qualifies them to compete. Honestly not sure if this is accurate though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for being an idiot

optic has the most points they just aren't participating in this tourney so they aren't listed in the standings 

how many points does optic have exactly? fuck if i know, the pro teams might know but not us normies 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like how after that loss, Ninja was shaking his head and like "two really dumb deaths"... even though he had a terrible death at the end when he tried sneaking driveway. He didn't say shit there.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1