CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it matters if you don't want to be the 7th or 8th seed at worlds and start the tourney with an automatic loss

There is 5 of these online qualifiers though, and Ace said earlier that the points are so low anyway that he doesn't know why pro seeds are required to play. Just seems like a waste of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ok let just check esl for any info about this

AJeEZAN.png

huh...that is not up to date. maybe the rulebook?

C6WbgDY.png

well ffs.

Edit to be clear, esl as the main body of competitive halo and the people who contracted millenial have the responsibilty to make sure all rules are updated and clear to participants

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

REMINDER THAT 343 IMPLEMENTED PARTY RESTRICTIONS IN WARZONE BEFORE ARENA

is the only playlist they play, ofc they would fix the part of the game they play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can you explain to me how the point system works? Point distribution for LAN and Online?

I'm not looking hard, just scimming quickly, but I'm having a hard time finding information. You had UGC, ME, and ESL all involved in this (along with 343). UGC had little info on the tournament they just finished running beforehand (did ANYONE know what the seeding point awarded was going to be?). Seeing the same stuff on the ME site. Halo.gg has barely anything from what I can tell. and ESL info seems to be about the overseas tournaments being run.

Literally this is what I see on ME site.

I'd explain it, but I honestly have no idea because they actually haven't told us how it works. I'm just going off the little bits of information from pros and that we've gotten through UGC. My understanding is that the UGC lan was the biggest point allotment for seeding for Vegas, and these online tourneys are smaller point allotments in the build up to Vegas. I don't know the difference in points, I just know that these are worth far less. 

I don't know why 343 can't just release this info. It doesn't help that the whole format was changed a week before UGC with Qualification.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ok let just check esl for any info about this

AJeEZAN.png

huh...that is not up to date. maybe the rulebook?

C6WbgDY.png

well ffs.

and didnt EG participate in the opening qualifier? shouldnt that had entered them in to what is essentially millenial's second hwc tourney

Well ESL isn't even running the ONLINE NA stuff. But you would think that as the main TO for the HWC they would cover this stuff and have it on their site somewhere. Not that Millenial has ANYTHING listed either...

I mean, if you are going to rely on sending emails or "tweets" to teams that participate in the HWC for COMMUNICATION and not PUT THE FUCKING RULES ON YOUR WEBSITE, then this is the type of shit that happens.

EDIT: I feel like a lot of people aren't reading what Towey wrote. None of the details are posted. They are using "social media" and "email blasts" to communicate details to teams. They didn't communicate the need for Pro teams to sign up either. Obviously many Pro teams checked and found out they needed to while EG did not. I find it incredibly sad that the OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION is through social media and email blasts. It should be on the fucking website for EVERYONE TO SEE!

jimbo said the pro teams got emailed a rule book in private so if that's the case wtf

someone please leak that shit

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ola is streaming in the snipedown Twitch. All my dreams came true. He should stream more, one of the funniest players.

jimbo said the pro teams got emailed a rule book in private so if that's the case wtf

How does that even make fucking sense? So "Pro teams" know the rules but AM teams or some guys that want to compete don't? This makes no sense.

This should have ALL been posted before a SINGLE event occurred.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Where is HCSLeaks when you need them.

The fact that there is a rule book exists and that it hasn't been released is inexplicable. Why would it matter if the public had the rulebook? It just clarifies these situations.

@@Vivi @@TheSimms @@Timo

Where is HCSLeaks when you need them.

The fact that there is a rule book exists and that it hasn't been released is inexplicable. Why would it matter if the public had the rulebook? It just clarifies these situations.

@@Vivi @@TheSimms @@Timo

@Millenial_Esports _Represenative

oh yeah that's right, they don't have any of those here 

i tried asking ME reps on twitter but no reply

i suspect 343 is the reason why we don't have a rule book, i doubt ME was responsible for coming up with the rules or that they are withholding them intentionally 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Millenial is a shit company. I'm on the forums all day and had no idea they were running the tourney and had to dig and dig just to find the team list. Yeah towey should have been on it but still.

Do we even know how points are distributed?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure.

Works Cited

Its creepy how spot on you are.  

• Upvote (+1) 1