CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Still think there is space for koth, it's different enough from strongholds to exist in a rotation. I remember thinking koth on mercy would play well.

Serious question.

What do you guys think needs to be changed with breakout so that it is good enough for competitive. I feel like pistol/ar starts are required not pistol/shotgun and the flag should be capped at the other teams base. Also having the game mode on symmetrical arena maps.

Or is the game mode overall not fit for halo and something like assault or oddball should be looked at for a possible new game mode if necessary

Any reason why pistol/ar starts would be better than just pistol starts?

Most started off on H1? Hard to believe but I guess it makes sense with 1 community and not the overall Halo game population now.

and this

SsL1YAL.png

Started off with H1 now equals, I played it on MCC, or I played it once when I was 6. So many people are full of it when it comes to that. If someone is 18 now they were like 2 when CE was released.  That 50% stat is almost impossible given the ages of the people in the survey. Over 75% of the people in that survey were between the ages 0-8 when CE came out, and yet 50% of them started with CE? okay.....

In regards to sprint, that is not surprising. Of the 20 friends I know who used to play Halo I am the only one who still does. The rest gave up years ago.   The majority of those who are still involved are younger/more accepting of 343 and what they changed. I am surprised sprint wasn't higher honestly. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Started off with H1 now equals, I played it on MCC, or I played it once when I was 6. So many people are full of it when it comes to that. If someone is 18 now they were like 2 when CE was released.  That 50% stat is almost impossible given the ages of the people in the survey. 

I don't think it's fair to discard someone's opinion due to their age in all cases. I was 3 when CE came out, but me and my uncle played that game for far more time than was probably healthy for a 3 year old lol. He's also the reason started watching MLG ~06 .

• Upvote (+1) 3

Started off with H1 now equals, I played it on MCC, or I played it once when I was 6. So many people are full of it when it comes to that. If someone is 18 now they were like 2 when CE was released. That 50% stat is almost impossible given the ages of the people in the survey.

Speaking as someone who played Halo CE at age 6 thru age 9 until Halo 2 came out in 2004, and is 21: it's entirely possible. I believe that some of them are lying for some unknown reason on an anonymous survey, but the age bracket of 18-23 means some of them were also 8 when CE came out. But they could have also played CE in any time between 2001 and 2004. Or bought both after 2004 and started with Halo CE. That doesn't make it a lie.

Edit: also, accidental neg. Sorry :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think it's fair to discard someone's opinion due to their age in all cases. I was 3 when CE came out, but me and my uncle played that game for far more time than was probably healthy for a 3 year old lol. He's also the reason started watching MLG ~06 .

I don't doubt that there are people who have similar situations as yours. I would assume most don't have a cool uncle like yours though, and probably actually started with H2 or 3 (maybe later), but then bought and played CE as well so they say they "started with" CE even though it was in 2007 or something. Just a theory though. 

@@avaplaya13 that is a good point. I guess it is really nature of the question. A better one, imo, would be "What year did you start playing Halo." Asking what halo you started with can mean a variety of different things. When I hear, "I started with CE" I think of OG players who are in their late 20's-30ish, grinded the game with their friends, and somehow are still around after all this time. Johnny Reddit though could read the question and think "Well I played the CE campaign first on MCC, so yeah I started with CE." Plus there are situations where people do start playing very young or they played once or twice with and older sibling or something and count that. 

i am so disappointed with Millennial Esports

do they not have any god damn staff?

YOU HAD ONE JOB (not rly but still)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Come on guys it makes too much sense and requires too much effort to reach out to the pro league teams and make sure they register

I just hope the community doesn't get blamed for this by T2.

Well, did you tell Roy that they had to register ???? Obviously your fking fault then.

Started off with H1 now equals, I played it on MCC, or I played it once when I was 6. So many people are full of it when it comes to that. If someone is 18 now they were like 2 when CE was released. That 50% stat is almost impossible given the ages of the people in the survey. Over 75% of the people in that survey were between the ages 0-8 when CE came out, and yet 50% of them started with CE? okay.....

In regards to sprint, that is not surprising. Of the 20 friends I know who used to play Halo I am the only one who still does. The rest gave up years ago. The majority of those who are still involved are younger/more accepting of 343 and what they changed. I am surprised sprint wasn't higher honestly.

Both king nick and Bobby blitz were known as "mcc" kids even though they claimed to have played when they were like 3-4 or something. I believe them, and they've proven themselves on LAN against OG players.

Rare but not impossible

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope the community doesn't get blamed for this by T2.

T2 is the mom that blames you for your brother doing something stupid

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would have never believed that the 2017 Worlds season would have been downgrade from 2016. Who the hell is the person behind the helm?

Sure, we didn't have any Open LANs and had Single-Elim, but for fucks sake, how are we and the players this far in the dark? Is there even a rulebook or outline for the season? Who is making these decisions and mistakes?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shocking news, a Halo event isn't properly managed. All players should expect incompetence and prepare for the worse.