CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The LATAM seeding tourney and the first qualifier have been postponed. I think that's because of too many teams registering, 85 for the seeding at the moment (registration ends today). And I don't think they expected this number of teams.

I think there's no official league or tourney, or anything really, organized by 343 (or some company they can hire) in all LATAM coutries. Now imagine if they care about all the world, halo could grown much more faster. I can guarantee that a lot of brazilian kids watch other E-sports they love even if they don't understand what the caster are talking in english.

I hope they learn that there's other places for Halo compettive scene, they just need to care about.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Results from massive poll of /r/halo ... the majority of posters on that subreddit are under 18 lol, which explains a lot.  Interesting insights into what casuals are interested in, though:

http://imgur.com/a/fS4PC

The majority of posters are under 18 except for the majority of people who voted that they were 18-23. #AlternativeFacts

RFrDIzC.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think you understand what the word majority means...

lol that pie chart was seriously confusing, I make a lot of pie charts at my job and the largest wedge is always the top label so that threw me off ... majority are 18-23, rather

The majority of posters are under 18 except for the majority of people who voted that they were 18-23. #AlternativeFacts

RFrDIzC.png

74 % of that subredit is >18 .
  • Upvote (+1) 1

74 % of that subredit is >18 .

74% of the users of that subreddit who voted on the poll are >18

• Upvote (+1) 2

74% of the users of that subreddit who voted on the poll who finished the poll are >18.

I feel you. I'm Colombian and I'm here literally praying that this weekend my internet don't suck and I don't have 150 of latency, but that's a lost cause. Gfinity making us play against Mexicans with fiber connections and 50 or less of ping is just an insult.  Connection > skill in Halo. First the stupid age restrictions and then they fuck it up combining all countries like if Mexico was any close to most South American countries lmao. I want ESL back for the LATAM region. Still hoping I can qualify and play on LAN tho, would be my first time :)

Oh, well  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Results from massive poll of /r/halo ... the majority of posters on that subreddit are under 18 lol, which explains a lot.  Okay that pie chart was confusing, majority are between 18 and 23.  

Interesting insights into what casuals are interested in, though:

http://imgur.com/a/fS4PC

I didn't realize how well like Reach was.

Thought it was universally hated like H4

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

While this is awesome for the latam community, i cant imagine a worse start to worlds.

First the qualification is changed from top3 going to worlds becomes points, points are never explained, their rules are grossly exploited (cratos), now a qualifier is postponed. When will the tournament begin? It would suck for any team that may have bout tickets or taken time off work for that specific weekend and cant make it to the time that im sure wont be announced till 2 weeks before. The hcs needs to get its shit together and start planning more than a couple months out for these types of things

• Upvote (+1) 4

The polls are made to draw conclusions, so i can say that is safe to assume that a number close to 74% of the subreditt is older than 18.
  • Downvote (-1) 3

While this is awesome for the latam community, i cant imagine a worse start to worlds.

First the qualification is changed from top3 going to worlds becomes points, points are never explained, their rules are grossly exploited (cratos), now a qualifier is postponed. When will the tournament begin? It would suck for any team that may have bout tickets or taken time off work for that specific weekend and cant make it to the time that im sure wont be announced till 2 weeks before. The hcs needs to get its shit together and start planning more than a couple months out for these types of things

Well, as someone playing on the LATAM qualifier, I'm happy they postponed it. It was just not fair to make South American teams play against Mexican teams with better connection. Playing from Brazil or Colombia against some Mexicans (not all of them have good Internet) is like playing against Americans when you are in Europe.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, as someone playing on the LATAM qualifier, I'm happy they postponed it. It was just not fair to make South American teams play against Mexican teams with better connection. Playing from Brazil or Colombia against some Mexicans (not all of them have good Internet) is like playing against Americans when you are in Europe.

Is worst, from Brazil to the MS servers is like 250 ping , from Mexico to MS Servers is <100, Hell I play from Costa Rica and if I'm lucky I get 140 ping.

For me there is no point, without LATAM servers is really hard to take this game seriously, going every night knowing that you play on a significant disadvantage than the majority of the population.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't realize how well like Reach was.

Thought it was universally hated like H4

There is still quite a passionate and active Reach community.  I jump on from time to time and get flooded with invites to clans.  People love that game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is still quite a passionate and active Reach community. I jump on from time to time and get flooded with invites to clans. People love that game.

Reach customs were fantastic for the time. Imo H5 forge has blown anything previously out of the water, but Reach had some great forge/customs options.

488 people voted in the poll.

qIOnSfs.png

That's a bold conclusion to make based off 0.003% of the population

It's actually about 0.3%.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, as someone playing on the LATAM qualifier, I'm happy they postponed it. It was just not fair to make South American teams play against Mexican teams with better connection. Playing from Brazil or Colombia against some Mexicans (not all of them have good Internet) is like playing against Americans when you are in Australia.

Fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

488 people voted in the poll.

qIOnSfs.png

That's a bold conclusion to make based off 0.003% of the population

How many are actives ?? Most threads there don't even get to 100 comments. Actually that number is way more representative than most stats polls, how many of the 300 millions Muricans gets polled for the elections??

How many are actives ?? Most threads there don't even get to 100 comments. Actually that number is way more representative than most stats polls, how many of the 300 millions Muricans gets polled for the elections??

Hm, I'm not sure if I remember the exact numbers.

I do know that Clinton got approximately 66m votes. To get the number of Trump votes, we have to subtract 3 million. When we subtract 3 million votes from Clinton's total, we get the number of Trump votes at roughly 63 million.

About 130m Americans voted in this election.

• Upvote (+1) 1

/r/halo is reasonably dead, reminds me of /r/starcraft, which used to have 1000+ users constantly on a daily basis and now has like 300.  

• Upvote (+1) 1