CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

^Ninjad

feels just as bad happening here as it does in Halo.  :mj:

EG is grinding it out tonight. They are running a second set of scrims right now against Randas team.....................

And its over lol

Randas twitch chat says it was 7-2 EG but in Halo5Arena it seems to be 8-2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Randas twitch chat says it was 7-2 EG but in Halo5Arena it seems to be 8-2.

It's 7-2. Plaza slayer ended 25-17 because of a lag out

When a Profesional video game player complains about having to wake up early for a tournament. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You just don't get how STRESSFUL it is. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ignore feature is probably the least-used but most helpful feature for a pleasant forum experience.  

I use it to hide every members signatures and it makes scrolling through each page much easier and less cluttered.

but we can't ignore any mod's signatures and some of them have gifs. It's the only reason i don't log in on mobile. :/

but we can't ignore any mod's signatures and some of them have gifs. It's the only reason i don't log in on mobile. :/

Mobile doesnt show the signatures for me. Its very clean. I just dont know how to post pics through mobile :(

• Upvote (+1) 5

Mobile doesnt show the signatures for me. Its very clean. I just dont know how to post pics through mobile :(

well shit..

time to start accidental negging on mobile!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The ignore feature is kinda lack luster, it's all or nothing for certain groups - hence why admins, mods and staff remain.

We can't really have you guys blocking us for obvious reasons.

Also no sigs on mobile.

Serious question.

What do you guys think needs to be changed with breakout so that it is good enough for competitive. I feel like pistol/ar starts are required not pistol/shotgun and the flag should be capped at the other teams base. Also having the game mode on symmetrical arena maps.

Or is the game mode overall not fit for halo and something like assault or oddball should be looked at for a possible new game mode if necessary

Serious question.

What do you guys think needs to be changed with breakout so that it is good enough for competitive. I feel like pistol/ar starts are required not pistol/shotgun and the flag should be capped at the other teams base. Also having the game mode on symmetrical arena maps.

Or is the game mode overall not fit for halo and something like assault or oddball should be looked at for a possible new game mode if necessary

The game mode is just straight up not competitive enough; elimination would be a lot better.

Serious question.

- There needs to be an actual OBJ that has to be completed (offense/defense) to prevent stalemate matches. (Like SnD in CoD)

- The altered health/shields is a no-go. It takes too much time for players to adjust back and forth between that and regular gametypes on the fly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Serious question.

Will never work. Extermination is a better approach.

The ignore feature is kinda lack luster, it's all or nothing for certain groups - hence why admins, mods and staff remain.

We can't really have you guys blocking us for obvious reasons.

Also no sigs on mobile.

Personally, I hate the ignore feature. One of my favorite aspects of this forum is that it's not an echo chamber (one opinion isn't enforced over the other).

• Upvote (+1) 6

- There needs to be an actual OBJ that has to be completed (offense/defense) to prevent stalemate matches. (Like SnD in CoD)

- The altered health/shields is a no-go. It takes too much time for players to adjust back and forth between that and regular gametypes on the fly.

Pretty sure breakout is full shields, pistol/shotgun starts right now...

Not saying that it should be used, just that it's not a weird health thing anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought of that as well, check this one out

Sellout Sellout Sellout

I should probably create more of these though, you're right :)

NOO ACCIDENTAL NEG! I WANTED TO MAKE THAT 10 UPVOTES! 

I think 343 should give KOTH a try in H5 just to see how it would play competitively. It would be fast paced with sprint and clamber but have like a 30 second timer on the hill then have it rotate.  

I don't think that breakout would work because of the 1 life per round type of gameplay. I think it would be the most boring gametype to watch.

NOO ACCIDENTAL NEG! I WANTED TO MAKE THAT 10 UPVOTES! 

ok?

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think 343 should give KOTH a try in H5 just to see how it would play competitively. It would be fast paced with sprint and clamber but have like a 30 second timer on the hill then have it rotate.

I don't think that breakout would work because of the 1 life per round type of gameplay. I think it would be the most boring gametype to watch.

As badly as I want another gametype I seriously doubt KotH would work in H5. Take coli for example, can you think of 1 hill location that wouldn't be immediately naded out and cleared up with cross map sight lines?

Top rockets?

Courtyard?

Back/bottom green?

I think assault is the closest to working right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Results from massive poll of /r/halo ... the majority of posters on that subreddit are under 18 lol, which explains a lot.  Okay that pie chart was confusing, majority are between 18 and 23.  

Interesting insights into what casuals are interested in, though:

http://imgur.com/a/fS4PC

• Upvote (+1) 1

Results from massive poll of /r/halo ... the majority of posters on that subreddit are under 18 lol, which explains a lot.  Interesting insights into what casuals are interested in, though:

I don't think you understand what the word majority means...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think you understand what the word majority means...

I think he meant to say that the bigly of posters on /r/Halo are <18.

Results from massive poll of /r/halo ... the majority of posters on that subreddit are under 18 lol, which explains a lot.  Interesting insights into what casuals are interested in, though:

Most started off on H1? Hard to believe but I guess it makes sense with 1 community and not the overall Halo game population now.

and this

SsL1YAL.png

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5