CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just realized that EnVy is 0-4 in Winners Finals of LANs.

- Orange County: lost to Optic (Finished 2nd)

- Vegas: lost to Liquid (Finished 1st)

- Fall Finals: lost to Optic (Finished 1st)

- St. Louis: lost to Optic (Finished 3rd)

So is there something going on that they for some reason don't kick into another gear til they get knocked into Loser's Bracket? (Save for St. Louis of course)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really want the reason for Worlds information not being released is that they're not holding where it was last year. 

Columbus, Michigan, Raleigh, Orlando... Fuck, anywhere but the west coast would be better. And I live an hour out of LA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI the pro teams are probably going to play in the qualifier tomorrow (1pm EST) so that would be a good time to watch twitch

they can improve their seed by earning points so they would be stupid not to play

OG only playing in 1 or 2 according to Snakebite. Apparently TL wouldn't be able to catch them without winning every one of the cups.

• Upvote (+1) 2

when you're a forum poster on team beyond dot net and you're trying to decide if you're going to be outraged about Ninja talking shit to some random negative twitch chat scrubs despite knowing that he generally seems like a pretty good dude

nsr.gif

Accidental neg :mj:

Normally I'd make a seppuku joke, but I also saw you kill PJ... so we'll call it even  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can I watch Pnda get destroyed tomorrow?

[Y] 

[N]

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nem played better than Str8 Sick(stat wise) at STL, thought he would be the one getting dropped.

But Str8 Sick had no problem with the shady shit going on and was probably willing to vote to keep Showtime the manager. Nemassist was roasted hard by everyone and seemed upset about it. This way Str8 Sick and Cratos have no risk of being dropped. Another "business decision" by Cratos to keep his unearned Pro League spot.

All speculation of course, but it's the process that makes the most sense to me.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

FYI the pro teams are probably going to play in the qualifier tomorrow (1pm EST) so that would be a good time to watch twitch

they can improve their seed by earning points so they would be stupid not to play

Is there an official/casted stream for these or just the normal pro streams?

OG only playing in 1 or 2 according to Snakebite. Apparently TL wouldn't be able to catch them without winning every one of the cups.

I guess that makes sense since LAN should be worth the most. The liquid/ NV battle for second should be exciting

Is there an official/casted stream for these or just the normal pro streams?

Yeah its TSquared and Walshy for NA and Simms and i think Onset or Wonderboy for Europe. The other regions have small casting crews

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who's only been entrenched in the competitive Halo scene for the last year, the way Ninja is viewed reminds me a lot of how Tebow was viewed in the NFL. Tebow was a guy who just wasn't allowed to BE: either people were fawning over him as if he were the second coming of Christ, reincarnate in quarterback form, or they acted as if he was the worst player ever who didn't deserve to even be called a quarterback. At the end of the day, professionally, Tebow was an average backup quarterback. But because of his stature and the hype around him, he was never able to fulfill that role.

With Ninja I see a good Halo player who at times has played like a top pro. But because of his stature and visibility in the Halo and Twitch scene, he's not allowed to just be. He's so much more scrutinized than any other player of his caliber. Player X on Team Y who's performed comparably to Ninja isn't nearly as overanalyzed.

This is a two-way street, and he shouldn't be as hyped up by his fans as he is, imo. But, like with Tebow, I feel it's the critics who are more at fault. Maybe it's their response to his fans who hype him up, but I don't think the complaints levied against him would be made if he were the same level of player but without the personality and fame. Stuff like "he should quit" or "he's not dedicated enough," etc. My response to that is "I don't see why he owes anyone but his teammates anything. If he wants to grind, good for him. If he doesn't, good for him."

Note that I'm not talking about his personality or behavior or treatment of Twitch chatters. I'm only talking about his play. On another note, I'm not sure how he got so big on Twitch. Was he a streamer first and then a pro? Like I said, I haven't followed for too long and I'm not a huge fan of his.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As someone who's only been entrenched in the competitive Halo scene for the last year, the way Ninja is viewed reminds me a lot of how Tebow was viewed in the NFL. Tebow was a guy who just wasn't allowed to BE: either people were fawning over him as if he were the second coming of Christ, reincarnate in quarterback form, or they acted as if he was the worst player ever who didn't deserve to even be called a quarterback. At the end of the day, professionally, Tebow was an average backup quarterback. But because of his stature and the hype around him, he was never able to fulfill that role.

He was only that hyped up because ESPN sucked him off every chance they got. It was so annoying. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where does one go to find out how many seeding points are awarded for each LAN/Cup?

Edit: also Tebow was trash by NFL standards even for a backup QB. The Ninja comparison doesn't hold up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He was only that hyped up because ESPN sucked him off every chance they got. It was so annoying. 

ESPN was un-fucking-watchable during the Tebow era. ESPN has been on the decline for a while now, but god damn that was a dark time for people who still enjoyed watching.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ESPN was un-fucking-watchable during the Tebow era. ESPN has been on the decline for a while now, but god damn that was a dark time for people who still enjoyed watching.

Let's be honest, it's still pretty unwatchable. That's why I stick with watching Halo. 

One only can watch so much Fuller House.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Ninja I see a good Halo player who at times has played like a top pro. But because of his stature and visibility in the Halo and Twitch scene, he's not allowed to just be. He's so much more scrutinized than any other player of his caliber. Player X on Team Y who's performed comparably to Ninja isn't nearly as overanalyzed.

This is a two-way street, and he shouldn't be as hyped up by his fans as he is, imo. But, like with Tebow, I feel it's the critics who are more at fault. Maybe it's their response to his fans who hype him up, but I don't think the complaints levied against him would be made if he were the same level of player but without the personality and fame. Stuff like "he should quit" or "he's not dedicated enough," etc. My response to that is "I don't see why he owes anyone but his teammates anything. If he wants to grind, good for him. If he doesn't, good for him."

Note that I'm not talking about his personality or behavior or treatment of Twitch chatters. I'm only talking about his play. On another note, I'm not sure how he got so big on Twitch. Was he a streamer first and then a pro? Like I said, I haven't followed for too long and I'm not a huge fan of his.

ninja was a pro first before he became a big streamer in halo. Then he branched into other games a little and became even bigger.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Tebow is not in the NFL anymore because he refused to convert to Tight End and learn to block and catch passes for better QBs.

I almost put a kappa at the end of this, but im not joking so that would be inapproriate  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tebow is not in the NFL anymore because he refused to convert to Tight End and learn to block and catch passes for better QBs.

I almost put a kappa at the end of this, but im not joking so that would be inapproriate  :kappa:

Tebow and Lebron in a dual tight end set.  :ace:

All this new blood, like trippey, renegade, saiyan, etc, is great, but what happened to the rammy hype? Dude looked pretty outstanding filling in as a sub, i thought for sure he'd be at or near the top of the short list of ams that would break into a pro slot.

Rammy isn't the same player on lan.

A bit disappointed that EG didn't snag Danoxide or Saiyan for Devon.

Saiyan isn't better, stop that. Plus Devon and contra can still leave and keep their pro league spot together. (Which hasn't been said they couldn't)

Tebow and Lebron in a dual tight end set.  :ace:

Lebron would be like Gronkowski minus 4 back surgeries, a broken arm, and torn ACL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Current NA Roster lock is on Feb 24th, 11:59:59PM Pacific.

You the best! Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1

WHAT'S UP GUYS, ITS YA BOI BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH ANOTHER HCS ARTICLE

*cringe*

But yeah, new article. Lemme hear your thoughts, genuinely curious to see if you guys agree with this one. Feedback, shares, blah blah blah.

Hope you enjoy :)

http://thegamehaus.com/2017/01/27/liquid-str8-inconceivable-new-contenders/

*Unfortunately couldn't get any Beyond memes in this one  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5