CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rahhhhh. I cant wait for this place to go absolutely BONKERS when 343 announce a West Coast HWC final. :kappa:

Seriously, the community is going to go up in flames, its just inevitable that its going to be in the LA area.

I live in Los Angeles, pay too god damn much and my left testicle for rent, and I don't even want worlds to be here or anywhere near the west coast.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hope we're all aware that @Tashi the person is not 343 the company, right? He wouldn't be paying volunteers out of his pocket, and I'm not so sure why you're so worried about what he does with his personal money.

He brought her on as a volunteer for UGC personally.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Thank you. Hoping that by not seeing some post I will actually want to post/discuss more with everyone instead of shaking my head and exiting out.

Sorry, you can't block @@LethuL   :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 5

RIP Nemmasist.

sStjJnA.png

Nem played better than Str8 Sick(stat wise) at STL, thought he would be the one getting dropped.

as @@SnakeBite is about to find out, blocking someone means nothing if we just keep quoting them. TELL US WHO NOT TO QUOTE DAD

@@SnakeBite i think he wants to talk to you ^

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope we're all aware that @Tashi the person is not 343 the company, right? He wouldn't be paying volunteers out of his pocket, and I'm not so sure why you're so worried about what he does with his personal money.

Edit: would also like to add that it seems he's had a friendship with her for sometime prior to her volunteering. Again, had 343 donated to him your complaint would make sense, but it is not questionable business ethics in the slightest.

I have to comment on this. According to my HR department (and the abundance of video training I have to take) this could still very much be an issue. Matter of fact, our compliance department is very clear that your "intentions" or the "reality" don't even really matter and that the PERCEPTION of others is just as important and is enough grounds for a conflict of interest. Large company, lots of legal things you have to abide by.

Her being a "volunteer" however might be very different, as she isn't technically an "employee".

He's a good dude at heart  :simms:

The helpers don't get paid? What percentage of staff are volunteers? 

Probably most, if not all outside of the UGC and 343 staff. Budget is mostly utilized to actually run the event, and provide compensation for the talent (Walshy, T2, Elamite, etc) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have to comment on this. According to my HR department (and the abundance of video training I have to take) this could still very much be an issue.

Her being a "volunteer" however might be very different, as she isn't technically an "employee".

Made an account to chime in on all this dumb drama.

Mozilla CEO was removed from his position in 2014 when he donated to an anti-gay marriage ballot proposition in California. Let's not act like it doesn't happen and can't be linked to you.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/3/5578984/mozilla-ceo-resigns-amid-controversy-over-donation-to-anti-gay

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Made an account to chime in on all this dumb drama.

Mozilla CEO was removed from his position in 2014 when he donated to an anti-gay marriage ballot proposition in California. Let's not act like it doesn't happen and can't be linked to you.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/3/5578984/mozilla-ceo-resigns-amid-controversy-over-donation-to-anti-gay

Welcome. Yea, if you've never worked in a large company before it's hard to fathom why you can't do things "as an individual". But you represent the company all the time. Like I added to my comment, our compliance and HR group had me watch a training that literally says what what ultimately matters is what other people "perceive" as a conflict of interest and not your "intentions" or "reality". That actually pissed me off to watch but is pretty common mentality today.

Alright guys, enough dramaz for one day.

giphy.gif

Fucking thank you.  

FYI the pro teams are probably going to play in the qualifier tomorrow (1pm EST) so that would be a good time to watch twitch

they can improve their seed by earning points so they would be stupid not to play

• Upvote (+1) 3

Alright guys, enough dramaz for one day.

When you try and meme to distract from the pointless drama but your post gets deleted 

8af.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7

My post got lost at the bottom a couple pages ago so I thought I'd ask again.

Do we have a date for worlds? I've looked around and haven't found anything.

no confirmed date yet, the graphic they released says january- april and i've even seen one where it says january-march so who knows

hwc-2017-schedule-1920x1080-35de8550371b

No, we dont. 

A question how much did worlds tickets cost last year?

$35 for 3 day general admission pass.  

They sold out within 4 minutes of going on sale.

Don't think there were vip passes, unless you were Greenskull.  :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 1