CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I cleared my browser and cleared my cache, also cleaned my house ((1200 for rent btw)) - plane ticket prices still outlandish, plz help.

:simms:

Hey if it helps just 1 person save some money and make it out, it's done it's job.

1200 for rent? Damn, I thought mine at 600 was pricey.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey if it helps just 1 person save some money and make it out, it's done it's job.

1200 for rent? Damn, I thought mine at 600 was pricey.

We all can't get $250.00 donations after @@Tashi hires us for volunteer work, can we? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Cmon.

@@Tashi can do whatever the hell he wants with his personal finances. 

The likelihood he had any say in what 343 an Microsoft did with their money concerning St. Louis is slim.

Unless you're suggesting he should've used his own money to pay all the people working for UGC events??

You realize it's a huge business ethics issue right?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 23

That also might be the fastest way to ensure he never collaborates with you

That is indeed true as well. Feel as though I should clarify a little bit. Still stand by what I said, I would not financially support somebody with that attitude. However, Tyler is a cool dude, no doubt about it, and he's incredibly good at what he does. But lets be real...you're a partnered Twitch streamer whose largest source of income is your subs and donations through your stream...dont bite the hand that feeds. 

Sub mode or dont say anything. But that approach was just...pompous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just assume the finals are going to be here

real-estate-west-coast.jpg

I hope the venue is bigger and more passes are sold. I remember passes sold out in like 5 minutes last time lol

You realize it's a huge business ethics issue right?

Ahhh, just read more tweets about it. 

I wasn't aware that chelsea was a volunteer at the event....yeah that's a little different.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll only buy a pass if I get entry to a K-Pop event too. That's very important to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Announcement drawing close, like really really close. Not posted much on this and I apologise for that but there's not much I can really say to you guys without saying soon, making it sound clickbaity and not actually giving you guys the info and I didn't want to do that. However, I wanted to acknowledge the flustration and assure you the wait is almost over. We certainly understand the community wants/needs the info out asap and it's all hands on deck to deliver imminently, bare with us a tiny bit longer.

Not trying to make up for the above but I wanted to re-share some ways to make flights a little easier/cheaper for you guys when the time comes, from freelancing I know full-well flights can be excessively expensive and they do try and rip you off at every corner.

1 - Clean/clear all your browser/cookie/website data. (they try up the price if they see you've searched before)

2 - Visit Google flights and look up your flights here. (best overall flights for a fair price to flight time ratio)

3 - Visit SkyScanner for the ultimate cheapest prices. (every flight and every route, taking 2/3 flights to reach destinations is time-consuming back can drop price a lot)

Apologies for the delay on info once again, if I get a more accurate day to launch that I can share I will but as mentioned above it is imminent.

Really unfortunate for those planning to attend HWC 2017 and cant really make any plans because there are no fucking details yet. I wanted to go but the way it's looking.... I'm pretty sure I'll swap HWC for The International 2017. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh, just read more tweets about it. 

I wasn't aware that chelsea was a volunteer at the event....yeah that's a little different.

Yeah, @@Tashi

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Two things I notice here, and one thing I want to reiterate:

1) Right as I try to become an upstanding member of this community again, I see more of the same old same old. Even a few days ago this place seemed constructive and looking forward to the future, but this is just the same shit all over again.

2) It seems to be the farther east the event is held, the better attended/participated in it is. Chattanooga, a non-343, non-HCS, smaller prize pool tourney had more teams than Orange County and 2016 Vegas combined. The only one that has come close? St. Louis. Just saying. Please don't put Worlds in fucking Burbank or Anaheim. I'm looking forward to ATL.

3) I just sat thru a 40 minute technical timeout at Eleague. In the Fox Theater. This tourney has really opened my eyes to just how hard it is to run a local, dedicated server. Production value still fantastic, thanks to Turner.

I'm praying for Orlando, for obvious reasons, but anywhere on the southeast coast would be prime. Nice weather and a short commute

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you. Hoping that by not seeing some post I will actually want to post/discuss more with everyone instead of shaking my head and exiting out.

Fucking amen

• Upvote (+1) 4

A flawless series is hard to obtain nowadays for NV and Optic. They usually drop 1-3 games a series, which is why NV 13-0ing EG is so surprising to me.

That was a joke, but I know what you mean.

Do we even have a date for worlds? I really want to try and make it out, but I have a bachelor party and a wedding that will occupy two of my weekends in April. Really hope we get some info soon.