CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not entirely sure why but these trade options make me feel like the gap between top tier pros and lower tier teams is widening. None of these changes seem exciting and none of them would really change the team's placing in my opinion. It's going to be hard for any team lower than top 5 to break that barrier.

There's a top 5 

then there is EG - just solid dependable players - nothing amazing

Then we have everyone else - there may be a top 5 rival buried among those somewhere but i just don't see it 

There's a top 5 

then there is EG - just solid dependable players - nothing amazing

Then we have everyone else - there may be a top 5 rival buried among those somewhere but i just don't see it 

I think a Renegades 3.0 of Ninja Spartan Commonly and VIcX could challenge for top 4.They all played the best on their teams at UGC.  They would have a low floor but a very high ceiling. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think a Renegades 3.0 of Ninja Spartan Commonly and VIcX could challenge for top 4.They all played the best on their teams at UGC.  They would have a low floor but a very high ceiling. 

Ninja + Spartan = :salt::wutface::mj:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Danoxide didn't seem to be on the same page as the rest of his team with regards to taking scrimming seriously. I watched a good bit of their scrims prior to UGC, and it's obvious the guy was having a ton of fun.. but there is a time and place for that given the circumstances. 

Yeah I think this is it. In a certain scrim Spartan was like "all 3 of us don't think you're trying hard enough. We are fortunate to play Halo for a living so stop taking that for granted."

Hard to say the move for Trippey is necessarily better but sometimes players mesh differently with different teams. Trippey made some good plays over the weekend. 

Google Sheets Version

I turned it into a Google Sheets document which you should be able to download as a spreadsheet if need be.

thank you very much  :weback:

Some pros seem to think these stats might be slightly off going by twitter

• Upvote (+1) 3

I didnt do that bad did i? - cratos

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://www.ugcevents.com/downloads/UGC_STL_Stats_Jan2017.pdf Stats from the event, I assume this was already posted but I'm way too lazy to go look. If it was already posted just don't plus rep the person who did it first and give it to me thanks.

I love how this weekend everyone was praising Snakebite as "the best" player in the game, but if you JUST look at stats that's definitely not the case.

Goes to show how much more there is to Halo than what the stats say.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some good news for Halo 5 matchmaking

Basically "soon TM" Words don't mean much. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How does Ninja make more sense? Both he and Tripppey's best aspect is their power weapon usage (imo), but Tripppey is way better at Halo than Ninja. Even if you think Ninja's best role is something besides being a frantic slayer, I would take Tripppey 45 1/2 times before Ninja. He slays better, he stays alive better, he communicates better (and less negatively), I've heard him actually admit wrongdoing before (which is something you rarely hear from Ninja), and he still works the OBJ when he can.

Tripppey is also willing to grind Halo 5. While I don't blame Ninja for focusing on H1Z1 seeing as he's been reaping quite the reward for doing so, it makes sense that teams are going to look for someone putting their whole heart into the game leading up to World's.

Because Ninja has teamed with Sparty and Commonly before and they have done well..

i know for a fact that some games and some stats are missing for certain players.  We had a series where someone on the other team had 252 kills and no one else on his team got above like 80 lol.  then a guy on my team had over 60 kills across 2 games, and yet for the whole tournament they had him at like 120 kills total?  and i can say that he definitely had more than that.  Also my ref at my station accidentally deleted some pictures so the only stats recorded were the ones we could remember.  Then another dudes phone died so we lost all those stats as well. 

So yes, the stats are inaccurate in some cases.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i know for a fact that some games and some stats are missing for certain players. We had a series where someone on the other team had 252 kills and no one else on his team got above like 80 lol. then a guy on my team had over 60 kills across 2 games, and yet for the whole tournament they had him at like 120 kills total? and i can say that he definitely had more than that. Also my ref at my station accidentally deleted some pictures so the only stats recorded were the ones we could remember. Then another dudes phone died so we lost all those stats as well.

So yes, the stats are inaccurate in some cases.

This event was cursed, jeez.

This swap makes no sense to me. At best it's an even trade, but I think Danoxide is better. I think Shooter would be a really good fit on this squad though.

edit: also gives a chance at a reunion of Nadoxide. Pls.

Only problem I have with this is that I like Danoxide, and the only two scenarios I see this happening are him teaming with Cratos or him teaming with Str8 Sick and Nemassist.

Because Ninja has teamed with Sparty and Commonly before and they have done well..

Yeah and as "well" as they did, they were never going to be a truly T3 team in my opinion. They were way too easily rattled. One series they'd look like absolute heroes, and the next minute they were four golds running around with their heads cut off. I also was under the impression that they split for personality reasons as well. Ninja and Commonly argued literally all the time- constantly. Ninja and Spartan didn't mesh well as teammates. I doubt you see them reunite, but I could be wrong.

It seems only top-12 overall teams from STL get HWC points. That makes a single-elim, random seeds, online tournament worth more than STL for all but 5 teams.

Edit: I'm being told top-32 open teams get points, they must not have been updated yet on Millennial esports.

• Upvote (+1) 3

damn all of 2gre's young guns left him. did they just use him to get on a better team?

apparently sayian is on LG now too. ninja, el town, victory and sayian. 

• Upvote (+1) 4