CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's far easier to discount an entire group of people than to listen to criticism and implement changes. This is a strategy used in all walks of life, business, and politics.

Not saying that Proverb is following this strategy, because based on his responses here I believe he is listening and does want to do better. I think he is sincere in his posts here.

That tweet however, was a poor choice and sounds like someone who is writing off an entire group of people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone's Str8 order actually shipped yet? 

I got a shipping confirmation like 5 days ago.. but all they did was create a shipping label.  

January 20, 2017 , 11:32 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91601 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's far easier to discount an entire group of people than to listen to criticism and implement changes. This is a strategy used in all walks of life, business, and politics.

Not saying that Proverb is following this strategy, because based on his responses here I believe he is listening and does want to do better. I think he is sincere in his posts here.

That tweet however, was a poor choice and sounds like someone who is writing off an entire group of people.

It's always good to go on the forums to see what people think and get some good crictism. I admire him coming on here and sharing his side of the story, explaining what went wrong, not all events are perfect but at the same time Almost everyone that worked on this event did it for little to no pay. They all have a passion for halo and love doing events just hope they continue to do so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Edit:  Others seem to disagree about the level of negativity last night.  I didn't get caught up until earlier today so did the mods remove some of the unnecessary shitposting or something?

We removed a couple posts, but didn't see any toward @@PROVERB. My guess is he's just frustrated his team butchered the event production and decided to take to social media after. I mean, I GET IT - but that's not the best thing to do especially if you guys are a company.

I got a shipping confirmation like 5 days ago.. but all they did was create a shipping label.  

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91601

That's just the shipping label, they haven't been sent to USPS yet. Crazy to see this is going on almost 3 months now?

They all have a passion for halo and love doing events just hope they continue to do so.

This may be looked at as negative, but I don't care about your passion but skills. I rather have a doctor to treat me that knows the medical field instead of person that has a "passion" for it. I do hope they get another shot at a gaming event, not sure I would want Halo to be it though until they are successful.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im upvoting you just to upvote that post again

I'm upvoting you just to upvote the post that I wanted to upvote again but then saw your post and couldn't pass up the lewls opportunity.

Trickle down reponomics, as it were.

OT: For the love of my bias can we get Naded on a team I can actually care about?  This is w/e the fuck that team was with whoever tf Titomatic is all over again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91601 

I haven't even gotten a shipping label and I was one of the first few orders.

That's just the shipping label, they haven't been sent to USPS yet. Crazy to see this is going on almost 3 months now?

Kiaeneto would never have allowed this.  :kappa:   :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 8

I haven't even gotten a shipping label and I was one of the first few orders.

That was for the 16/17th order I assume (#1016).

Also know of order #1087 that has not yet received a shipping label. 

I wish I didn't check these forums so late to the point where bringing up certain points would be considered beating a dead horse..

I'm not sure who cares but I'm gonna make a thread in a day or two when I can fix my computer about the esports arena rewind event. We were given the mainstage and had commentators, amazing production value. We even streamed like 24hrs of footage from the 2nd floor with our own commentary. It was super awesome and the players from team fortress loved Shadowrun.

Weird reading ori's dumb posts about "dead games" especially after this last weekend.

Sucks UGC was the same weekend. Pretty sure we don't know the location or dates or w/e for worlds cause 343 is waiting for me to announce a LAN that way they can pick the same date and twist that knife just a lil' more lol.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I am genuinely curious whether or not I made the aids list, 

All i said was:

- The production was pathetic - it was 

- The production team ought to be embarrassed/ashamed - they should

- and the main culprits ought to be fired - again they should - they made a complete mess of this tournament.

(I went quite in depth throughout several posts as to why I considered the production pathetic which then feed into the next two)

@@PROVERB any chance you could clarify for me 

Its disheartening to see that tweet cuz almost everyone was pissed more at 343 especially after proverb's comment about 343 wanting final say and seemingly disrupting how they normally run events

yeah that bummed me out, not everyone is shakespeare on the keyboard

all he was trying to do was explained what happened  

Well, @@NavG123 is pretty close to Shakespeare  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

The feedback I saw:

"it was the worst produced event in many years, way worse than ESA. quite frankly it was embarrassing for the community and the only thing that redeemed this weekend was the quality of the matches" - @@Moses_FPS

Ok maybe a little harsh, but not really too far off the mark if we're being honest. 

"I just want to know what changed between the impressively well ran independent event to the one this past weekend that caused the new issues?" - @@Apoll0

Actually a really great and relevant question, wow.

"agreed, i'm glad you are around man, you are a real asset to the competitive community" - @@Moses_FPS

damn, nice guy Moses.

"When production involves people who write annalist it makes things bit a clearer." - @@RyRev

dick move dude. totally unnecessary. one net upvote on this post (upvoters? igs cubanex and proverb himself).

"Just wanna say, as bad as this past weekend was, this kind of shit happens everywhere... The only thing they do better is the production, which, you know, is because this is a multi million dollar film studio, not a converted convention room. Just wanted to say that sometimes shit happens." - @@avaplaya13

Pretty supportive, wow.

This was followed by a great suggestion from @@Ciutchism to show player montages during breaks. 

"With all due respect, the stream was awful until Championship Sunday. If it wasn't the constant downtime and repetitive adverts, it was the sound never being right, the graphics being wrong or missing part of the feature stations. This isn't just a single producer thing, this was a systematic failure to run a stream anywhere near the standard it should be." - @@spierce

Maybe a little stronger than I would have gone, but nothing super unfair here.

This goes on. Proverb responds to most of these posts (thank you for doing so!) and takes the feedback well. 

and then... "Trying to read this explanation was like trying to listen to two casters and eight players all talk at once." - @@FrankTheShow

a joke, clearly, and Frank being Frank. 

So, a lot of negative but constructive feedback and a couple posters said somewhat mean shit about spelling/grammar/sentence structure.

Aaaaaaaand we're all toxic AIDs now.  :simms:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sounds like the internet to me

• Upvote (+1) 2

We removed a couple posts, but didn't see any toward @@PROVERB. My guess is he's just frustrated his team butchered the event production and decided to take to social media after. I mean, I GET IT - but that's not the best thing to do especially if you guys are a company.

This may be looked at as negative, but I don't care about your passion but skills. I rather have a doctor to treat me that knows the medical field instead of person that has a "passion" for it. I do hope they get another shot at a gaming event, not sure I would want Halo to be it though until they are successful.

T2 is probably just laughing and calling us all stupid noobs as we speak. FeelsBadMan

That was for the 16/17th order I assume (#1016).

Also know of order #1087 that has not yet received a shipping label. 

Yeah my number is lower than that and still nothing :/

I classify myself as Hep B during the tournament, very disgruntled, but not AIDS. In fact no one was AIDS, maybe some were HIV, but that's about it. AIDS is the final manifestation of HIV and the climax before death.

He thinks the forums are irredeemable? I'll give him a pass, but it wasn't very professional to call us AIDS - he got paid for the service and the job wasn't done right.