CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Teams in Arena matching solos wouldn't be as bad if EVERYBODY DIDN'T HATE THE FFA PLAYLIST THAT HAS BEEN IGNORED FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR BUT WHO'S COUNTING.

Still a stupid move, but at least then solo players would have a ranked playlist to try to compete in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys! I'm filming with Simms within the next few days, and I've got a few questions regarding:

Movement

Radar

Autos

What needs to occur before Halo is restored to previous greatness

Does anybody have anything they want to ask a Halo caster/ESL Community Manager strictly regarding the state of Halo? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey guys! I'm Simms

:simms:

Does anybody have anything they want to ask a Halo caster/ESL Community Manager strictly regarding the state of Halo? 

There's been a LOT of discussion regarding casters as of late. I'd love to know more about his opinion of the current talent, what needs to be improved, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This will be my official last post about the debate yesterday. I didn't expect to cause so much discussion and I genuinely mean when I say I didn't want to offend anyone. A few posts yesterday triggered me and it's obvious that people in the community rank parts of Halo on different levels of importance. If you agree or disagree, use your vote on this post and I'd like to hear about your reasoning...

Tournament Organizers
I singled out Adam yesterday because he is the spokesperson for MLG and Halo with this forum. If it were Sundance who came here, discussing details and stirring the pot, I would have singled him out and treated him in the exact same way. I just found it incredibly disrespectful for him to come in a number of times during another event and start the rumor train again/say what they would have done differently. That alone and as a business owner would make me not want to go with them. After yesterday, people know my feelings on MLG but what they don't know is that my favorite events last year were the MLG cups. I love Pro League. I love that weekly content. Yes, it's online and it's not the same as a vibrant LAN but weekly high quality Halo and whether it's ESL, MLG or god damn Walmart, I don't care. I love that. I was just tired of MLG being held in such high regard here when they alone are not enough to save this game. We have technical difficulties, even when Lenox was here, we still had difficulties and what made me so sour was that people volunteered this weekend, I bet some of them aren't even properly trained in that department and we just ripped them to shreds. How does the community here act when I saw a few times, people bashed on the Beyond tournaments. Don't quote me exactly but I remember something being brought up and it's just vicious, ungrateful and undeserved. P.S. MLG were only given X-Games because they had an exclusive deal with ESPN, if I remember correctly. MLG did CS:GO and CoD before. I guarantee, if MLG could have picked the game, Halo would not be first on that list. As I mentioned yesterday, quick to let us go but once the money roles in, happy to be in the running again. ESL took an inital risk which is why I will stand by them for the current year and see if they learn from the year 1 mistakes.

P.S. P.S. I also wanted to add yesterday, our live viewer numbers are now inline with what Call of Duty has without OpTic. Us. Halo. A game that is a console exclusive and a diminished player base now gets roughly the same amount of viewers as the past 3 Call of Duty events. Last 2 IW events got around 10-18K average and although not exact. We are on the correct lines. I'm happy with our year one growth.

343 and the future

LAST POINTS. I literally can't fault this community. We have the best players, passionate forums (I mean, the sub reddit is pretty passionate), the best casters and so much more going for us. I'm going to be honest, I don't even play this game that much anymore. What I can say, though, is I'd still be playing if we had any sort of communication/impact on 343. I've had slow aim on my game since day one. DAY ONE. You have a pro players, who repeatedly come out and say we don't have communication or asking questions like "why is this gun here?" and they simply don't respond. Just because they don't have a degree in development, does not make them any less than the testers they employ. If anything, we should pander to the professionals since they put the most time into the game AND understand the finesses down to the smallest of details. These aren't kids running around willy nilly making changes. The problem with 343 is they go off data too much. Not a single brain cell goes towards common sense. What data aligned up for them to make a choice to add SILENCED guns to a map. 343 reminds me of a bunch of Dads and Mums trying to be in with the kids. I said this early on, Breakout = CS:GO, eSports = Next Big Trend, Warzone = MOBA Trend + Microsofts need for Microtransactions, ADS + Radar = Call of Duty. I don't hate the game, it's the best iteration since H3 but it's so lackluster. This weekend proved it with Renegade. No offence to the boy, he played outstanding but his win on FFA was part down to his camo timing. Ryno was only 6 kills away from catching up. It was an edge he shouldn't have gotten. It should be 8 players with no variable that can give one single person an advantage. How are power ups and power weapons still a thing on FFA? How? 7 players and 1 person gets an advantage from luck? A good spawn? That's the problem with 343. No direction. No originality. It's a "How much current trendy things can we throw into a game and hope it sticks".   

That's my full rant. Nothing else. I promise. I love you all. I lurk here but I know each and every one of you. You might not know me but I come on here each morning and just read. Y'all are a funny lot and it's why I come back...

*insert Emma Watson GIF because I love you all*

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 5

:simms:

There's been a LOT of discussion regarding casters as of late. I'd love to know more about his opinion of the current talent, what needs to be improved, etc.

Gosh darnit. We focus a decent chunk on casting, I'll be sure to get those answers for ya! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something feels off with it. Maybe the vehicles - idk. In general, anything but serious play is a hassle when it comes to Halo 5. Also, the maps suck. 

I'm just a salty man that enjoys Halo esports. Definitely do more watching than playing.

I feel you. I enjoy btb simply for the BR starts lol. The map rotation used to be god awful, but I think it's gotten better since they updated it. 

It's definitely garbage compared to the btb in previous halos though.

More content! Our Halo players and Speedrunner are having fun outside of competing:

That Golum impression was too good! 

This is especially true when you watch pros stream solo queue and even they don't win lol.  Like if you're one of the best in the game and you can't even do well in arena on your own something is wrong.  I haven't really complained or cared too much about arena for a while just because it isn't worth being upset over, but at a high level there starts to be less and less options to improve if you don't have a full team on, which can be the most frustrating part.

Like if im fortunate enough to have a few extra hours of free time to put into this game to get better, it is really heart breaking to just waste it getting demolished in arena by teams of 4.  Some days it isnt too bad, but holy shit there are days when this game is unplayable.  Factor in the horrifying servers and im surprised more people havent thrown their xboxes out the window lol

Yeah, I solo queue a lot at mid-high Onyx level and will win a few games here or there but but can't get much higher than 2300 without just getting rekt by teams of 4. 

Teams in Arena matching solos wouldn't be as bad if EVERYBODY DIDN'T HATE THE FFA PLAYLIST THAT HAS BEEN IGNORED FOR CLOSE TO A YEAR BUT WHO'S COUNTING.

Still a stupid move, but at least then solo players would have a ranked playlist to try to compete in.

Yeah FFA in this game is a nightmare. 

Lol The forums are kinda AIDS though.

You complain about the problems with 343/esl management and you're considered toxic

You complain about the problems with event production and your considered too passive on the games problems

You complain about the games for over a year and your considered a Reddit loving 343 enabler who doesn't fight hard enough for the betterment of halo

Literally can't win. Where can a guy go to complain without people complaining about the complaints? That's what I wanna know.

If you even kind of like H5 then you're considered either a H4 n00b who doesn't understand Halo, or a sell out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i like the ffa playlist, but cant ever get games anymore. matter of fact i cant really get games in FFA. Breakout, or Swat =/

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you can't the heat from a gaming forum of this size, you might be in the wrong line of work.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i like the ffa playlist, but cant ever get games anymore. matter of fact i cant really get games in FFA. Breakout, or Swat =/

#TooManyPlaylists

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think we're really toxic. Some users over react but mostly we all want the best for Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's not "the forums" though. It's usually a couple posters here or there, and for whatever reason people fixate on them, get upset, then go cry somewhere else about how "the forums" are trash.

Virtually everyone here is rooting for @@PROVERB to succeed and I personally appreciate that he's going to put a video out there explaining the production issues that he's already stated should not have occurred.

But for him to go on twitter and call the forums "aids" is really disheartening, unprofessional, and totally uncalled for in my opinion. This place supports the fuck out of Halo and I'm tired of seeing this bullshit.

I'm sorry Frank made fun of one of your posts last night, but that doesn't make "the forums" aids. Do better.

It may or may not be true that most people here want him to succeed. But he came here yesterday to explain his side of the story and got roasted for it. There were some good constructive criticism posts sent his way, but you can go back and see what he got for his effort. I don't agree with him posting that on twitter, but I don't blame him for doing it either.

• Upvote (+1) 6

A lot of the social playlist could be combined. 

Remove Breakout, Super Fiesta, Ranked Snipers (merge with social snipers) and Triple Team. Make Super Fiesta and Triple Team rotational.

Done.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It may or may not be true that most people here want him to succeed. But he came here yesterday to explain his side of the story and got roasted for it. There were some good constructive criticism posts sent his way, but you can go back and see what he got for his effort. I don't agree with him posting that on twitter, but I don't blame him for doing it either.

yeah that bummed me out, not everyone is shakespeare on the keyboard

all he was trying to do was explained what happened  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really didn't see him get "roasted"? There were admittedly a couple stupid comments from people being dicks, but that was not the majority at all. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being blunt with legitimate criticisms, which is the majority of what i saw.  And he was responding well to some of the complaints too.  

Honestly, im not looking too far into that tweet.  People call X, Y, and Z "toxic" , "AIDS", or "Cancer" on the internet without a second thought.  All of those "buzzwords of negativity" have really lost their punch for me.

Edit:  Others seem to disagree about the level of negativity last night.  I didn't get caught up until earlier today so did the mods remove some of the unnecessary shitposting or something?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snip.

I was just being facetious. I know, It's just always a couple of bad eggs.

I felt really bad for Proverb last night because it's really clear his driven by a passion for Halo, so it probably really hurt to come apologize and still get shitted on with comments like "UGC should never host halo again" (as if we are in a position where we can be choosy) especially when you are contributing to a $1million tournament on your companies own dime.

Criticism is due. Disappointment was warranted. But vitriol is no bueno.

It doesn't justify his comments, but I certainly understand his sentiment. The guy was clearly embarassed by the production, expected better from himself and the team, showed a ton of humility...and people were making fun of his spelling and calling for UGC to be run off of Halo.

I'm glad he stopped by and had the balls to own up to it. I wish we could say the same for other stakeholders in this scene. Can't wait for the video.

• Upvote (+1) 1