CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

FAKE NEWS!  Sad!

I'm just now seeing this account and I'm not sure how to feel about this

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm more confused why we even have VIPs on this forum, that gametype flopped in H3.

Flopped? How dare you disrespect Rocket Race, that was my shit when I wasn't sweating in doubles

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is The Donald VIP ???

Why wouldn't the President of the United States be a VIP?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why wouldn't the President of the United States be a VIP?

Because he has yet to #MakeHaloGreatAgain

• Upvote (+1) 5

More content! Our Halo players and Speedrunner are having fun outside of competing:

You forgot the @@Danoxide pterodactyl impression clip.

• Upvote (+1) 8

You forgot the @@Danoxide pterodactyl impression clip.

I've cringed at A LOT of eSport interviews, but that one may have topped it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I am the "Made in China" (before it the big economic boom) of memes:

RynjRV4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8

I might be in the minority, but the one thing that would make me want to play more halo 5 isn't even settings related. It's the ability to solo queue. Shit you could even make it solo/duo queue. Unfortunately that's something that should've been implemented at/around the launch of the game, when the player base was higher. Solo queuing in this game (once you reach a certain rank) is just god awful for some reason, or at least that's been my experience.

It's awful because, once you reach a certain rank solo, you get matched against teams. Lower ranks search solo more often than higher ones, so your team is generally comprised of the proverbial bottom of the barrel. So in addition to lacking communication and direction, your team is made up of potatoes as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's awful because, once you reach a certain rank solo, you get matched against teams. Lower ranks search solo more often than higher ones, so your team is generally comprised of the proverbial bottom of the barrel. So in addition to lacking communication and direction, your team is made up of potatoes as well.

This is especially true when you watch pros stream solo queue and even they don't win lol.  Like if you're one of the best in the game and you can't even do well in arena on your own something is wrong.  I haven't really complained or cared too much about arena for a while just because it isn't worth being upset over, but at a high level there starts to be less and less options to improve if you don't have a full team on, which can be the most frustrating part.

Like if im fortunate enough to have a few extra hours of free time to put into this game to get better, it is really heart breaking to just waste it getting demolished in arena by teams of 4.  Some days it isnt too bad, but holy shit there are days when this game is unplayable.  Factor in the horrifying servers and im surprised more people havent thrown their xboxes out the window lol

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is especially true when you watch pros stream solo queue and even they don't win lol.  Like if you're one of the best in the game and you can't even do well in arena on your own something is wrong.  I haven't really complained or cared too much about arena for a while just because it isn't worth being upset over, but at a high level there starts to be less and less options to improve if you don't have a full team on, which can be the most frustrating part.

Like if im fortunate enough to have a few extra hours of free time to put into this game to get better, it is really heart breaking to just waste it getting demolished in arena by teams of 4.  Some days it isnt too bad, but holy shit there are days when this game is unplayable.  Factor in the horrifying servers and im surprised more people havent thrown their xboxes out the window lol

Solo queue should have been a thing since fucking day one. That's why I mostly played FFA and warzone/big team were garbage. Big team used to be so good (even in Halo 4).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly. I'll be the first to say I'm not a prolific Halo player, but I can hold my own against players ranked up to maybe high Onyx when I get demolished in Arena long enough to find and invite three random competent players to join my fireteam. Problem is, I'm in a limbo where I consistently place Plat or Diamond off the bat, yet I'm always matched internally against high diamond/Onyx players.. with some random platinum or low diamond players to work with. I have one friend to play with when I actually have time to do so, but he's probably mid-platinum skill, so shit gets squirelly haha.

I may be in the minority as of now though, but I somehow still really like playing Halo 5.... in spite of what I just said.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Solo queue should have been a thing since fucking day one. That's why I mostly played FFA and warzone/big team were garbage. Big team used to be so good (even in Halo 4).

Just out of curiosity, why do you hate btb now?

Just out of curiosity, why do you hate btb now?

Something feels off with it. Maybe the vehicles - idk. In general, anything but serious play is a hassle when it comes to Halo 5. Also, the maps suck. 

I'm just a salty man that enjoys Halo esports. Definitely do more watching than playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1