CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Low game popularity = less money put into production = more of a chance of really bad viewer experiences.

It's snowbally. Just like h5 TS.

Less popular games have better production. What part of that don't you understand? It's not a matter of there not being enough viewers or financial incentive to do a good job. There was 20,000 people watching an info graphic for an entire game... it doesn't take a boatload of money to prevent that from happening.

Presumably these people were actually interested in seeing the game being played, warts and all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Less popular games have better production. What part of that don't you understand?

Give him time,

He is still arguing for the removal of sprint in 2017 - he is clearly a slow learner.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know the ads were a bit overkill, but what are peoples thoughts on Halo Wars 2?

I don't really like RTS, but the commercial is burned into my brain. If I don't buy it, I think Atriox will (continue to) haunt my dreams.

Ignorant fool,

We have argued all of these in abundance, but we have come to accept that the chances of those things being removed/fixed are slim to none. so why bother complaining about things which we have no chance of changing. But if you feel like continuing the good fight by all means.

Arguing on removing sprint in halo 5 - I mean I don't even know where to start with this and you say we have our head buried in the sand sheeesh.

The next Halo game is currently in development. If there was ever a time to voice your opinion, it's now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

A lot of people have been complaining about these things since 2010, along with numerous other issues with "Halo" in its current form.

The reason they aren't addressed a lot in this thread is that it's not really designed for that purpose. People mostly come to discuss teams and players and any discussion on settings is about improving the current title as it stands. At this point (over a year into the game) we've not seen much in the way of large changes; including things like weapons balancing.

Personally I don't expect a huge overhaul to the game and I suspect a lot of others don't either, and I'll screaming my fucking head off when we get a look at Halo 6 and it withers away my remaining hope for a Halo game with a classic feel, but until then I'm just trying to enjoy the storylines that are being created and enjoying the fact that some of the players I've been watching for almost 10 years are still competing at the top level.

I see your point. I just find it somewhat silly to complain about production values in a dead game when you're unwilling to advocate for the game itself to be fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

The next Halo game is currently in development. If there was ever a time to voice your opinion, it's now.

I see your point. I just find it somewhat silly to complain about production values in a dead game when you're unwilling to advocate for the game itself to be fixed.

Everyone here has been voicing their opinions since forever. We know what halo5s issues are. If I'm not mistaken the Team Beyond no radar Invitational was conceived in an HCS thread, for example. There's a thread dedicated to fixing the game.But here we like to talk About the competitions, man.

The idea that no one here advocates for the proper fixes must be one of those 'alternate facts'

• Upvote (+1) 4

You mean the Halo community here can have similar thoughts as the other parts of the Halo community?

woah.gif

Lol. Of course they can. I just find it funny that I often see posters here going on about how intellectually superior beyond is when in reality people act the same way here (this thread) as they do in those places.

I have noticed that the other threads are actually quite good when it comes to intelligently debating and discussing ideas.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Can I ask why you omitted worlds prize money?

i was just curious, the HWC money really influences the rankings (obviously lol)

last time i did this huke was #1

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been here long enough to see this thread has its head in the ground when it comes to the important issues.

- removing sprint and having a uniform movement speed.

- having decent in combat movement speed and acceleration so we don't have to rely on a button press ultra strafe.

- a difficult to use spawn utility weapon with a FAST, DEADLY TTK

Yes no radar and autos are low hanging fruit we all agree on. Even still, the problems still exist lol because the comp community has 0 say in what the comp settings are.

Hello. You are either a troll or have no fucking idea what this thread went trough. Bye.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I know the ads were a bit overkill, but what are peoples thoughts on Halo Wars 2?

There's a 100% chance the story will be better than H5's. As far a the multiplayer goes, it will probably be pretty good. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol. Of course they can. I just find it funny that I often see posters here going on about how intellectually superior beyond is when in reality people act the same way here (this thread) as they do in those places.

I have noticed that the other threads are actually quite good when it comes to intelligently debating and discussing ideas.

You do realize that a large majority in this thread have similar opinions as you do, right?

Take a look at my topic history, on mobile now and don't want to link my sprint, radar, and autos poll.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i was just curious, the HWC money really influences the rankings (obviously lol)

last time i did this huke was #1

Not clg members? 

How is that possible?

• Upvote (+1) 1

it makes me laugh when someone watches halo and reads beyond then comes here and post about how halo is dead and the game would be better if we just discussed the settings more

• Upvote (+1) 2

HOW COOL WOULD HALO 5 BE IF IT REMOVED RADAR? HAS ANYONE COME UP WITH THIS IDEA YET OR AM I LIKE REALLY SMART?

:lxthul:

Dude you just blew my mind

What the hell do you think we have been doing since Reach? At a certain point the creators vision is going to be the main idea of the game - not the fans. We may occasionally may be thrown a bone again like getting back descope, having ranks again, certain playlists etc but let's not act like we have that big of a voice in the creative process of the game.

Not with that attitude.

There was a lot changed from h4 to h5 and let's not act like the complete hissy fit the fanbase threw during the lifespan of h4 didn't have something to do with that. We got equal starts back. We got set PW and power ups back. We got ranks. Etc. Pretty much all the good stuff in H5.

Now with h5 a lot of people seem ok with "good enough" so the franchise isn't going to continue to improve.

I realise a lot this has to do with the fact that the vast majority of halo fans have all but completely disconnected from the franchise leaving a tiny, vocAL minority that likes h5. However if this vocal minority wants to see halo and it's comp scene thrive it's needs to advocate for a better base game.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Team Randa was scrimming 2gre's team with Brainstorm in place of Randa. Ended early due to lagouts or something.

2gre's team scrimmed Ryanoob's team a couple times as well, they lost 6-14 counting all games from both scrims.