CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No guys MLG was always awesome, you don't get it.

It only counts what happened today on the 25th January 2017 anyways, everything else is in the past and has nothing to do with the discussion anymore.

Pls it is just annoying to always read ppl who bring up some RANDOM issues from MLGs past, the mods have to step in then, so please just dwell in the fantastic memories of MLG for 20 posts in a row, that is perfectly fine and no double standard.

Serious: MLG was a lot of times really awful and the paid streams were the dumbest shit, though it still was a great time.

UGC had really glaring issues that should have been fixed day 1, but the event was also still awesome because of other stuff.

Can we get Vegas seeding and worlds locations pls

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No guys MLG was always awesome, you don't get it.

It only counts what happened today on the 25th January 2017 anyways, everything else is in the past and has nothing to do with the discussion anymore.

Pls it is just annoying to always read ppl who bring up some RANDOM issues from MLGs past, the mods have to step in then, so please just dwell in the fantastic memories of MLG for 20 posts in a row, that is perfectly fine and no double standard.

Serious: MLG was a lot of times really awful and the paid streams were the dumbest shit, though it still was a great time.

UGC had really glaring issues that should have been fixed day 1, but the event was also still awesome because of other stuff.

Can we get Vegas seeding and worlds locations pls

Look at MLG's current Streams/Productions and tell me they are not a thousand times better then the utter garbage we watched this past weekend.

Comparing MLG in 2011 to now is just foolish and ignorant.

It was amateurish.

Production team should all be fired.

Edit:

And its not just not up to MLG's Standard, It wasn't  up to anyone's standard.

This is 2017 guys, how many examples are there of how to produce high quality streams, 

Did we hire people with no experience because thats precisely what it looked like

We were so far off the mark that we may as well have been blindfolded and spun the wrong way round.

This is where the frustration lies, the level of knowledge and expertise in this area has grown exponentially in recent years and then we get a production that takes us back to the stone ages , and we get ZERO EXPLANATION.

Everything apart from the stream (visual) quality was sub par. The individuals involved in the production need to realize this, they completely failed. They made a mockery of that tournament and he high level game play being displayed. The list of things they did well is so minute it isn't even worth mentioning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not just about where worlds is, I hope you all remember that. If they told you where it is, you could go ahead and book your flights and hotel rooms, but good luck getting the 150 tickets or whatever were available.

I planned to go to worlds last year, and logged on to try to buy tickets 3-5 minutes after they went on sale and they were all gone. If I had known where it was ahead of time, I would have booked everything and then ended up without a ticket to worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Mr Karitoriki's reaction:

jack-nocholsonthe-shiningagreefilmhorror

or

did-we-just-become-best-friends-yep.gif

Is Dreamhack Atlanta's HCS Event confirmed post Worlds?

i believe so. the announcement made it seem like we are confirmed for summer and fall finals

• Upvote (+1) 3

At the end of the day the production value of last event may have been trash, BUT THAT CAN BE FIXED. Lets all take a second and just be thankful that every event we have continues to be more entertaining than the last. The shrinking skill gap between these pros is setting us up for an AMAZING worlds.

OT- xboxdvr.com/RVA%20Encore/4a19ded4-8249-4817-a8eb-616bd172f152/embed

Just a little clip I got searching Arena yesterday

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually cropped out my feet because I knew this would happen.

With that said, can you guys use the width of my shadow to calculate my weight?

7b-sephiroth_supernova_symbols.jpg

175 pounds

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is Dreamhack Atlanta's HCS Event confirmed post Worlds?

yes, ATL is where the summer finals of pro league will be held

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just to go off the current topic of discussion here, will teams be allowed to make team changes before the next event? If yes, which teams do you believe will most likely change? Naded is for sure not happy with his current squad and is looking to go elsewhere. It's also possible for Allegiance and Luminosity to be tweaked.

Rq7GML4.gif

164 pounds

• Upvote (+1) 4

lets not forget interrupting championship sunday to watch the ffa finals. it seems like a lot of the hcs sanctioned events suffer from odd scheduling issues that force great matchups to happen off stream

Yeah I turned the stream off when they went to FFA. I was mystified.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RQ1s6aY.gif

im bad at math

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyway..........I know that every tournament will have off stream games that you're never going to see unless there's a break in the main stream and they can quickly cut to the side station. But what is stopping them having casters and recording this game play to publish after the event? We saw 1 game of the Inconceivable/Str8 match up, which looked epic. How many people would love to be able to go to twitch or youtube to catch the matches they missed? On top of this, lets have a master cut of the tournament. As it stands we have to go through about 400 Halo Wars 2 ads on a 10 hour stream. Have someone go through, cut the crap out and publish that video on youtube. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Look at MLG's current Streams/Productions and tell me they are not a thousand times better then the utter garbage we watched this past weekend.

Comparing MLG in 2011 to now is just foolish and ignorant.

It was amateurish.

Production team should all be fired.

Edit:

And its not just not up to MLG's Standard, It wasn't up to anyone's standard.

This is 2017 guys, how many examples are there of how to produce high quality streams,

Did we hire people with no experience because thats precisely what it looked like

We were so far off the mark that we may as well have been blindfolded and spun the wrong way round.

This is where the frustration lies, the level of knowledge and expertise in this area has grown exponentially in recent years and then we get a production that takes us back to the stone ages , and we get ZERO EXPLANATION.

Everything apart from the stream (visual) quality was sub par. The individuals involved in the production need to realize this, they completely failed. They made a mockery of that tournament and he high level game play being displayed. The list of things they did well is so minute it isn't even worth mentioning.

To be fair, it appears most of the production team were volunteers (or interns) It's likely there have been some amateurs involved. Those IN CHARGE of production dropped the ball.

I also don't think the list of things done right is minute. Everything ive heard suggests that the tournament operation was top notch, which is the hardest part.

The poor quality of the stream sticks out like a sore thumb, because that's how most of us consume the experience, but it's probably the easiest thing to improve on going forward.

Anyway..........I know that every tournament will have off stream games that you're never going to see unless there's a break in the main stream and they can quickly cut to the side station. But what is stopping them having casters and recording this game play to publish after the event? We saw 1 game of the Inconceivable/Str8 match up, which looked epic. How many people would love to be able to go to twitch or youtube to catch the matches they missed? On top of this, lets have a master cut of the tournament. As it stands we have to go through about 400 Halo Wars 2 ads on a 10 hour stream. Have someone go through, cut the crap out and publish that video on youtube.

Ive always wondered this myself. It seems weird to have all this content go unrecorded. It would be a lot of work, but it would be neat if some of the missed series were recorded and replayed during downtime the following day . Sure you'd know the results already, but you'd get to experience the drama.

I'd imagine that the production budget wouldn't allow it with the current viewership levels. Clearly production budget is at a minimum when the majority of the team is unpaid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The last time MLG handled Halo blue side had no game sound and communication, and they played an entire day with that issues tampering the result of the event.

IIRC they got new equipment over-nighted and fixed it for day 2?  

No TO is ever perfect.  Hell, the NFL isn't perfect and its the biggest sport in NA.  Remember the Superbowl at Candlestick where the power went out twice??

We shouldn't be expecting perfection so pointing out the singular events that happened and in most cases were fixed rather quickly over the decade+ history of MLG in Halo is stupid.  Also a failed experiment (MLG tv or whatever it just was) after dozens of well ran events with little complaints is not the same as situation.  Its apples and oranges and a dumb comparison.  This animosity towards MLG just doesn't make any kind of sense.

Even with this event, if the audio issues and downtime had only existed for Day one and were fixed for day 2 and 3, i don't think anybody would be too unhappy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

great point. these side streams need to be recorded so that we can watch them as vod. i dont care if its hosted on halo.gg, esl halo, or twtich, but it would be great to have rebroadcasts and vod available

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why are you all surprised that no money was put into the production for a stream of a game that nobody plays or cares about?

You want good production values? Advocate for a better game instead of sticking your fingers in your years and pretending that h5 is good. Especially the competitive version which has radar and ridiculous autos ffs lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Why are you all surprised that no money was put into the production for a stream of a game that nobody plays or cares about?

You want good production values? Advocate for a better game instead of sticking your fingers in your years and pretending that h5 is good. Especially the competitive version which has radar and ridiculous autos ffs lol.

serious question, do you even read this god damn forum?

i think i just got trolled

• Upvote (+1) 8

serious question, do you even read this god damn forum?

i think i just got trolled

MDgoH54.png

• Upvote (+1) 2