CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I still don't know where you guys buy plane tickets. We had a team fly from Australia to our LAN in SoCal for $800 each (round trip). We had a team fly from England for $370 each (also round trip).

Oh god, not this again, not like this.

Oh god, not this again, not like this.

For the record, I think it should be announced sooner too. I just find the constantly over-exaggerated plane tickets thing to be tiring.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still don't know where you guys buy plane tickets. We had a team fly from Australia to our LAN in SoCal for $800 each (round trip). We had a team fly from England for $370 each (also round trip, but this blew my mind. Norwegian Air is apparently cheaper than the lady on my corner.).

I bought my plane ticket like 2 weeks before the event because they announced location very late. That's what made it so expensive I believe.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why did Championship Sunday go so late (12:30 AM EST if I recall correctly).  I remember back during the MLG days it was over by ~6PM EST.

Excuse my ignorance, this is the first Halo event I've followed since the X Games. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmao dude where do you live? I can get a nice 7 bedroom 8.5 bath for 250 a month included with xfinity internet. Idiots. 

Do you live in a dollhouse?

Oh, oh, I know this one! @Saucer mentioned it once, I think you follow this here link.

Nah, but seriously:

If you're posting from your desktop it's the little picture icon on the second row of buttons. If it's on mobile, I'm honestly not sure if there's a hard and fast way of doing it.

What if its a screen shot I took of the event and there is no url

Just because I'm not active, lurk, don't spend my time constantly whining about the smallest insignificant thing and don't have a treasure trove of Emma Watson (WHO IS AVERAGE) gifs at my disposal doesn't mean I'm any less than the people who take time out to post. 

I've tried to become more active recently and try to help the scene but when it comes to this forum, it's a joke. 

Basically in order to get up votes/people actually reply you need to be in the 20 person clique who posts memes daily and bitch about not having MLG

In B4 a pro comes on and types "lol" for 150 up votes.

this place was a negative cesspool.

TLDR: I need more Emma Watson gifs if I want to make friends.

Come on man. Everyone here is here because they love Halo esports, with the exception of @@sECUREij who is here because he hates Roybox.

Join in the conversation, discuss things with people. Post gifs as replies to people you don't like and make sure you don't take @@NavG123 seriously. I know it can be negative here, but we've been burned so many times before and the opaque, questionable decisions 343 makes can sometimes be frustrating. But at the end of the day, this is a great forum and we welcome new members.

There's no need for Emma memes to make friends (I'm one of many who have stated they're not a fan of them), just be yourself. Calling this place a cesspool and throwing your opinion around like a iPhone user on release day isn't the way to go about it.

I hope you continue to post, all new perspectives are welcome.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What if its a screen shot I took of the event and there is no url

upload to your favorite image hosting site(imgur). Copy the image link. Paste. EzPz

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still don't know where you guys buy plane tickets. We had a team fly from Australia to our LAN in SoCal for $800 each (round trip). We had a team fly from England for $370 each (also round trip, but this blew my mind. Norwegian Air is apparently cheaper than the lady on my corner.).

The ticket will cost me about $600 when the event is inevitably announced that they will be having worlds at the ESL Burbank studios or somewhere else on the west coast, three weeks prior to it commencing. And I'm only coming from the east coast, not australia.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly we should all be grateful 343 is even hosting a World Championship for Halo. As spectators we don't need to know all of the unimportant things like where the event is. At some point we have to stop being so entitled.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Personally encourage feedback on my casting from the weekend. Public or private it's appreciated. I know I was almost too hyped at times, but sometimes you just got swept away in the halo.

You wanted to be a fire engine when you were young?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why did Championship Sunday go so late (12:30 AM EST if I recall correctly). I remember back during the MLG days it was over by ~6PM EST.

Excuse my ignorance, this is the first Halo event I've followed since the X Games.

Ended at 11pm and that was what 343 gave for a schedule and wanted to stream as many champ bracket matches as possible.

Honestly we should all be grateful 343 is even hosting a World Championship for Halo. As spectators we don't need to know all of the unimportant things like where the event is. At some point we have to stop being so entitled.

tumblr_inline_mq3aw0el7k1qz4rgp.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit that's more than my rent! 

Wow i feel like we got to what everyone pays for rent really quick. The post Land Beyond schedule is kinda hard to remember.   What do we usually go from after the MLG debates? Ninja should play more HALO? RoyBox being washed? I can't remember. Someone give me a schedule. 

Allow me to shift this thread to HCS Teams, Seeds, and Textbooks discussion for a moment.

If you've been in school recently, you may be familiar with the concept of "loose-leaf textbooks". These are textbooks which aren't bounded, which you put in a normal three-ring binder yourself.

7dPYop2.png

The pages measure about 9" x 12" while the binder I'm using measures roughly 11" x 14", but for some reason I can't get this $150 unbound book into my binder. Does someone with experience with these "loose-leaf" textbooks have any advice or tips for me? Would greasing the rings help?

Stop.

Please.

It's time Nav.

Allow me to shift this thread to HCS Teams, Seeds, and Textbooks discussion for a moment.

If you've been in school recently, you may be familiar with the concept of "loose-leaf textbooks". These are textbooks which aren't bounded, which you put in a normal three-ring binder yourself.

7dPYop2.png

The pages measure about 9" x 12" while the binder I'm using measures roughly 11" x 14", but for some reason I can't get this $150 unbound book into my binder. Does someone with experience with these "loose-leaf" textbooks have any advice or tips for me? Would greasing the rings help?

You have to make the third ring your self, that's why it is $150 instead of $250. For some reason when I try to sell my loose-leaf books back to my school they don't want them.