FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Audio checks and operation was performed on Thursday and no problems were had, on Friday first match kicked off and audio became a issue. I was the Event Manager so my job is to over see all operations but 343 was still the final say on all higher level manners. Scenario 1 if you are directing or switching audio you should have someone on comms basically saying everything that should be happening this is the producer if the producer says switch to this you switch but they are also supposed to be making sure the items are correct and ready, this did not happen until Sunday when tashi would oversee the info, there was a few errors with dropbox where the graphics would not update when sent to the Director do to all the videos being uploaded at the same time from 343 team. Same with audio settings would be changed but the software would not update. This all may seem like easy fixes but until you can find the problem its hard to fix and some times you have to take the stream down to fix them. It was worked on as fast as possible but please keep in mind 90% of the production team does not get paid and UGC covered all Operation cost for this event. It 1000% should have been better and that is on all of us not just one person. 

Best

For $1 a month I will proof read your posts and translate them into English before you post them.

• Upvote (+1) 6

UGC sound guy after "work":

YKCQHn3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

Audio checks and operation was performed on Thursday and no problems were had, on Friday first match kicked off and audio became a issue. I was the Event Manager so my job is to over see all operations but 343 was still the final say on all higher level manners. Scenario 1 if you are directing or switching audio you should have someone on comms basically saying everything that should be happening this is the producer if the producer says switch to this you switch but they are also supposed to be making sure the items are correct and ready, this did not happen until Sunday when tashi would oversee the info, there was a few errors with dropbox where the graphics would not update when sent to the Director do to all the videos being uploaded at the same time from 343 team. Same with audio settings would be changed but the software would not update. This all may seem like easy fixes but until you can find the problem its hard to fix and some times you have to take the stream down to fix them. It was worked on as fast as possible but please keep in mind 90% of the production team does not get paid and UGC covered all Operation cost for this event. It 1000% should have been better and that is on all of us not just one person. 

Best

We know it will be solved for the next 1 :)

Quoting the guy you banned. Unreal. The disrespect smh.

I wasn't the one who banned yung Coop but I respect a good burn when I see one :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

This kind of pissed me off. These "random posters" are the people that visit this site and I pride myself on being that. Just because I'm not active, lurk, don't spend my time constantly whining about the smallest insignificant thing and don't have a treasure trove of Emma Watson (WHO IS AVERAGE) gifs at my disposal doesn't mean I'm any less than the people who take time out to post.

I dont think he meant that as a personal attack on any lurkers. His point was that someone is going to bring up something that happened 5-10 years ago and justify the same things happening now. 

:ace:  :ace:  :ace: We love lurkers  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 8

This kind of pissed me off. These "random posters" are the people that visit this site and I pride myself on being that. Just because I'm not active, lurk, don't spend my time constantly whining about the smallest insignificant thing and don't have a treasure trove of Emma Watson (WHO IS AVERAGE) gifs at my disposal doesn't mean I'm any less than the people who take time out to post. I've tried to become more active recently and try to help the scene but when it comes to this forum, it's a joke. Basically in order to get up votes/people actually reply you need to be in the 20 person clique who posts memes daily and bitch about not having MLG as a TO or one of 8 pros who could literally post "lol" and get 150 up votes because they play the game at a higher standard than anyone else. In B4 a pro comes on and types "lol" for 150 up votes.

Secondly, this isn't directed towards any single person but the collective. MLG ain't going to do SHIT. I'm so sick of Adam coming on here after/during events that Halo has just to say 2-3 lines to stir up the pot so these nostalgic level 50s can give MLG another chance. I'll never forget watching at home. Staying up at night and hearing the crowd cheer for Halo since there was a rumor it was getting taken off the circuit. Never in my life had I felt ANYTHING comparable. I used to laugh at how people got so emotionally charged at sports but after that moment, I stopped and I fully understand it now. I gave Timo some shit a couple of months ago. Both are just as bad as each other. Making out like MLG is some god tier TO is ridiculous. They shafted us, Adam openly admitted they were offered a chance to host but turned it down because they couldn't host it yet ESL could? If I remember, that was a pretty smooth event as well. What's worse is that Lethul comes on here and says he hates nostalgia, gets about 50 upvotes from the sheeple and then you all reminisce about MLG and Orge 2. Lastly, if you weren't too busy making memes you'd notice that MLG totally did shit the bed recently. Production was whack, quality that MLG TV in 2008 had along with one pro player coming out saying it's hurting his mental and physical health grinding for these ridiculous pro points players are playing 14 hours a day for. Oh and for good measure, because of technical difficulties you shit on TO's that go out of there way to put events out for us (probably at a loss) when they don't even have to. Yes, there are technical and planning problems but a majority of these I have been have been on the 343 side. Production hasn't been smooth but this is the first event in a while without Lenox if I'm not mistaken. There are so many more popular games they could pick as TOs but god forbid you say anything remotely supportive. I swear besides the emergence of talent and casters this weekend, this place was a negative cesspool.

TLDR: I need more Emma Watson gifs if I want to make friends.

Hermione-Jean-Granger-3-hermione-granger

but yea what @@Saucey said.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont think he meant that as a personal attack on any lurkers. His point was that someone is going to bring up something that happened 5-10 years ago and justify the same things happening now. 

:ace:  :ace:  :ace: We love lurkers  :ace:  :ace:  :ace:

No, I totally understand and this wasn't a direct attack at him although I can see how it could be. Sorry @@CyReN but mentioning MLG and this forum just triggers me like no end. Basically didn't want to touch us until 343 started pouring money back into the scene yet everyone here praises them for it. Yet these TOs who put events on for a break even OR a loss literally get shafted by the forum. I'd rather take 5 "shitty produced" events like this weekend than 1 MLG event from the glory days. If you do something in this day and age at a loss it's for pure passion. I've only seen Adam around these parts since 343 announced eSports and money but that's none of my business...

*insert kermit meme*

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Team Bubu currently in MM w/ cClaim in place of Falcated. Not sure if they're just waiting or exploring possibilities. Shotzzy streaming if folks are interested.

Twitch.tv/shotzzy

Edit: I'm wrong, it's just Bubu, Shotzzy, claim and a viewer?

So uh, I'm currently going through withdrawals, can we start having scrims again?

• Upvote (+1) 5

asking the important questions

We are looking at this as an option, but TBC at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This kind of pissed me off. These "random posters" are the people that visit this site and I pride myself on being that. Just because I'm not active, lurk, don't spend my time constantly whining about the smallest insignificant thing and don't have a treasure trove of Emma Watson (WHO IS AVERAGE) gifs at my disposal doesn't mean I'm any less than the people who take time out to post. I've tried to become more active recently and try to help the scene but when it comes to this forum, it's a joke. Basically in order to get up votes/people actually reply you need to be in the 20 person clique who posts memes daily and bitch about not having MLG as a TO or one of 8 pros who could literally post "lol" and get 150 up votes because they play the game at a higher standard than anyone else. In B4 a pro comes on and types "lol" for 150 up votes.

Secondly, this isn't directed towards any single person but the collective. MLG ain't going to do SHIT. I'm so sick of Adam coming on here after/during events that Halo has just to say 2-3 lines to stir up the pot so these nostalgic level 50s can give MLG another chance. I'll never forget watching at home. Staying up at night and hearing the crowd cheer for Halo since there was a rumor it was getting taken off the circuit. Never in my life had I felt ANYTHING comparable. I used to laugh at how people got so emotionally charged at sports but after that moment, I stopped and I fully understand it now. I gave Timo some shit a couple of months ago. Both are just as bad as each other. Making out like MLG is some god tier TO is ridiculous. They shafted us, Adam openly admitted they were offered a chance to host but turned it down because they couldn't host it yet ESL could? If I remember, that was a pretty smooth event as well. What's worse is that Lethul comes on here and says he hates nostalgia, gets about 50 upvotes from the sheeple and then you all reminisce about MLG and Orge 2. Lastly, if you weren't too busy making memes you'd notice that MLG totally did shit the bed recently. Production was whack, quality that MLG TV in 2008 had along with one pro player coming out saying it's hurting his mental and physical health grinding for these ridiculous pro points players are playing 14 hours a day for. Oh and for good measure, because of technical difficulties you shit on TO's that go out of there way to put events out for us (probably at a loss) when they don't even have to. Yes, there are technical and planning problems but a majority of these I have been have been on the 343 side. Production hasn't been smooth but this is the first event in a while without Lenox if I'm not mistaken. There are so many more popular games they could pick as TOs but god forbid you say anything remotely supportive. I swear besides the emergence of talent and casters this weekend, this place was a negative cesspool.

TLDR: I need more Emma Watson gifs if I want to make friends.

This has to be the longest "i dont post often but you are cancer" posts yet

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Not sure what MLG has done too you, but this post is just too funny.

@ was around the the MLG forum days, THC, and now Beyond. He just didn't "spring up" to this community.

No, I know how prolific he is but his dealings with Halo recently are just him trying to wriggle his way back in the community/living off a nostalgia hype. You can call "he was here at the start" all you want but basically how it goes is:

new startup is formed (MLG) > uses popular games to grow audience > gets investment > drops unpopular games because they don't provide revenue and abandons his passion "Halo" > rides the wave of SC2, CoD, LoL and Dota > Activision buys MLG

Now this is part that annoys me because now he wants in on Halo but multiple other TOs have taken risks with lesser games like Halo, Gears and the likes...

343 pours money into a game + offers multiple TOs (Virgin, ESL, MLG) > Declines because $100 000 is not enough > ESL manage to put a great show on and rightly wins future hosts for taking the initial risk > comes onto the forum every 2-3 events to stir the pot > and with this logic it's sure to get 343 to want to hire MLG with his professionalism and openly discussing event details so... profit?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 8

No, I know how prolific he is but his dealings with Halo recently are just him trying to wriggle his way back in the community/living off a nostalgia hype. You can call "he was here at the start" all you want but basically how it goes is:

new startup is formed (MLG) > uses popular games to grow audience > gets investment > drops unpopular games because they don't provide revenue and abandons his passion "Halo" > rides the wave of SC2, CoD, LoL and Dota > Activision buys MLG

Now this is part that annoys me because now he wants in on Halo but multiple other TOs have taken risks with lesser games like Halo, Gears and the likes...

343 pours money into a game + offers multiple TOs (Virgin, ESL, MLG) > Declines because $100 000 is not enough > ESL manage to put a great show on and rightly wins future hosts for taking the initial risk > comes onto the forum every 2-3 events to stir the pot > and with this logic it's sure to get 343 to want to hire MLG with his professionalism and openly discussing event details so... profit?

plz stop

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Adam incoming in the next 1 hour. Im calling it

edit: y downvote me, adam coming here is always a good thing

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not sure what MLG has done to you, but this post is just too funny.

Touched until 343? Well they did run Reach events for sometime, and even gave us MLG Columbus 2012 which was a big boost to the community when 343i took over Reach. They even came back to do something with Halo 4 at MLG Dallas 2012, got C&D for MCC - so they couldn't run anything. They also ran a great event at the X-Games in 2016. This isn't even counting the 50+ other Halo events they ran from Halo 1-3.

@ was around the the MLG forum days obviously, THC, and now Beyond. He just didn't "spring up" to this community.

I don't know why I'm replying, this is just an awful post lacking anykind of history or understanding of competitive Halo.

Didn't that X-Game had issues with ingame audio to the players, that partially compromised the result of the event. But hey that happened a year so it means nothing.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1